It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Manatees huddle together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I saw a story on CNN today about these 100 Manatees in Flordia. They were filmed huddling together at Riviera Beach, FL power plant. Experts say the water is warmer there, and it is very cold in Flordia at this time. They said the water is only 1 degree cooler. Wish I could provide a link but I can tell you there is a video on cnn.com video section. It is an amazing site!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thats cute.

But, animals are known for abnormal behavior. Perhaps they have a 6th sense .. in which they know something ..

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Could possibly have to do with all the earthqaukes recently in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Maybe more are on the way - or maybe they're just overwhelmed.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There are always earthquakes in Puerto Rico. Well at least for the time I've been watching the USGS earthquake page. It's really pretty amazing. It is a subject I would like to dive into someday in more depth to give a better answer. Plates coming together. I think a lot of that chain of islands through the Caribbean is volcanic.

Oh yeah, the manatees. I assume they can communicate underwater and sense a cold night approaching therefore it's a hot tub party.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They huddle by the powerplants discharge water because it is warmer. They do the same thing here in Ft. Myers by our powerplant. Manatees are mammals and the water is cooler this time of year. Nothing unusual for this time of year.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hot tub party!!!!!!!That was great and i Think you are exactly right my friend.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Here is the link.

_javascript:CNNPlaylistManager.getInstance().BVPMVideoSelected('/video/living/2009/02/04/vo.manatees.huddle.WPTV.json','top_stories');

Nothing like swimming in a sauna of nice warm discharge water. It's so cold in Fla. right now, maybe that's why they behaving this way.

Nice to see a story like this as opposed to seeing all of the stories about them being hit by boaters.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Is anyone here from Florida? Some people I know were in Florida about two weeks ago and said it was really nice weather, not cold. I agree, animals have been known to have strange behavior or even leave their habitat seeming to sense something is going to happen.

new topics

top topics

join