It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear war with NK??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just been reading a few posts and i got me thinking, is America on the brink of nuclear war? The way i see it, is that America has to strike first IF its facing a nuclear war.

The world we live in now has become a very dangerous place and it seems that a we are waiting for someone to break. If someone "breaks" we could see nuclear weapons being used and people dying on a large scale, just try and picture the terror which could happen to us.

All we can do is just sit around and pray that nuclear war is not happening.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
They won't use nuclear weapons without some kind of international incident because they are too afraid. N. Korea would not survive retaliation and America is too afraid of public opinion to risk nuking N. Korea without a good reason (and also fear of retaliation, though it be much smaller than the equivalent US retal) N. Korea will just keep its current stance, allowing inspectors in but ignoring demands for disarmamen. The Americans won't invade like they did in Iraq because N. Korea actually does have WMD. The international incident which could cause a nuclear war in my mind would be US special forces being caught red handed sabotaging nuclear silos.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by mrsteve]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
LOL, yeaaaaa that's the way to do it, just start nuking people out of paranoia.

Here's what happens man. If we get nuked we will nuke the crapola out of who ever did it.

If we get nuked and don't know who did it we will nuke the 3 most likely suspects.

Basically if a nuclear weapon goes off in the US and we don't see a clear responsibility to place the blame on the world as we know it will end. The reasoning being if they can nuke us once they will nuke us again. So let's just hope no one is dumb enough to set a nuke off in the US because it is possible billions of people will die.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
well, first off - it wouldn't be much of a war. Not for us (the US and UK) any ways. NK only has like 2 bombs, and they don't have the abillity to hit either of our land, so what would happen is something like this:

1) US intel proves that Kim has given or plans in the very near future to give WMD (IE one of his nukes) to terrorists. This is proven undeniable. US president launches all out attack, informing China, Russia, and the rest of the global powers as to our intentions just prior (AKA minutes) before launch. This is to prevent them from thinking we are attacking them. ICBMs are launched at every known military base in the country, as well as where we believe Kim to be located. If we can avoid a major city, so much the better, but it is not "urgent" that we do so. Damage assesment about an hour later. Then, either more ICBMs or Ohio class submarine launched missles wipe out remaining threat. US then goes to UN and submits evidence for preemptive attack, then a rebuilding plan.

If the US and UK go nuclear, it's game over for preatty much that entire country. It would take a dramatic event or undeniable evidence of something MAJOR for us to launch though. And another note we would probably try to evacuate all of our men out of SK and get their people going south.

I don't think it'll happen though - reports are that Kim is ill and could die soon - then we "help" a democratic government get into power.

A more likely nuclear war, IMHO, will not involve the US or UK at all - would be China and India.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
India and Parkistan is also more likely

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsteve
The international incident which could cause a nuclear war in my mind would be US special forces being caught red handed sabotaging nuclear silos.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by mrsteve]

Can't happen - NK does not have "silos" as they do not have nuclear missles - they have crude nuclear BOMBS, and so these must be placed at where they want to be detonated by a truck or airplane.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For NK to nuke anyone would be national suicide. No matter what else happens or who else gets hurt, NK would not survive as a political entity. My personal opinion is that China would roll down on them hard. It certainly is not in the best interest of China to have the US involved in that part of the world.

I think that is also the reason that we are pretty much trying to ignore NK right now for the most part. Notice there is very little posturing coming from Washington about NK these days. I think we are trying to give China a message that we really don't want any trouble there.

NK is just trying to make a few bucks with more Nuclear Blackmail. Clinton let em get away with it. If they do actually pop one off with a missle, it will likely be one our Fleets in the Pacific. I think that was the point of their Japan flyover test. They would look slightly better in the eyes of the world if they only took out a military target instead of hitting a city.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I agree
very likely, as they HATE each other.

BTW - welcome to ATS, enjoy your time here

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This is why I believe that China will not interfere with our operations in the Middle East for a while and why we might get more cooperation from China concerning NK. We've got our hand on Pakistan's shoulder and have been steering them away from conflict with India.

You can't look at any of the problems over there without having to look at the big picture of future China/US relations.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well there's alot of history between those two, but im not sure because both of them are willing to sort things out around the table now

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Actually here is an article discussing not only the N. Korean nuclear threat but the bio threat from them.

Note, they do have missles that can reach the western US, not to mention the 1.2 million americans that live in Hawaii...

entertainment.tv.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As far as not hearing the President talking about North Korea anymore the reason behind that is simple. Election year and his campaign is rolling around. Even whispers of war with a nuclear power (no matter how small or large) would almost immediately turn to public outcry. We dont have enough men to just march into North Korea and take over, something drastic would have to be done, and if Mr. Bush is elected to another four years I fear what that drastic move could be.

"you cant say bomb on a plane! BOMB BA BOMB BOMB BOMB."
Vir Fidelis

top topics

join