It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-brain conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The last 70-80 years have introduced countless inventions and new things to do. Inventions that help out in tasks that we used to do manually plus inventions that give us more to do. With all of these things that we have today, we are using the left side of our brain - the analytical side more than ever. This means that we are using the right side so much less - often referred to as the spiritual side.

As a result, we are being disconnected from our spirit. More people are athiests and don't think that we even have soul because their left sides over-shadow the right so much that they don't even know their true inner-self.

Of course this will sound silly to those that think that man is without a spirit, but to the others - it seems the biggest conspiracy of all has gone practically unnoticed.

Even though many of us believe in our soul, we have a very difficult time connecting to ourselves due to the complexity of our lives today. Simplicity is important.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i agree with what you're saying - that people need to get back to the simpler things in life. i don't think that this is a conspiracy at all though.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I mean.. a conspiracy of 'the dark side'.

Have you read the Hopi beliefs?

dz

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I dont think this is a conspiracy; just evolution.

We have had a huge technological boost. Our lives have gotten easier and easier. People don't have to worry about going out to hunt their own food or whether or not we'll have enough reserves to make the winter season.

Life is becomming simpler and simpler, for a price. Have you noticed the lack of music and art? Compare today's artists to those of the Renaissance. Compare today's music to those of Mozart. The right brain is not nearly accessed today as it was back then. Is it a conspiracy though? No.

I think the years soon ahead of us shall prove very interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I mean.. a conspiracy of 'the dark side'.

Have you read the Hopi beliefs?

Interesting you mentioned that. I'd say it's more of a
Prophetic word from the Hopi rather than a conspiracy though. They seemed to have had insight into future events and how it would affect mankind on an evolutionary level.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think it is intentional, I'm not sure it's concspiracy???

I think it has be the intent of those in power to convince us to be left-brained, in obvious and subtle ways. To disconnect us from the right-side which is far more powerful, or was anyway. Being tuned to nature would make the person far stronger and less likely to subjugate.
This has been going on all through civilization. It was/is most obvious when you look at the tactics employed by missionaries. For example, when the Catholic missionaries overtook or converted the Native Americans. They taught them a new set of spiritual beliefs (Catholic) to replace their earth-based spirits.
We are discouraged from developing our right brain and those that do are often seen as being outside mainstream. Herbology, alternative medicine, wicca, etc.
Am I making sense here?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No I don't think Human Evolution is a Conspiracy ... I think the side effects of it though have led to ways of those in power to diverting our attention towards using our left brain more and more.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Even though many of us believe in our soul, we have a very difficult time connecting to ourselves due to the complexity of our lives today. Simplicity is important.

Thoughts?
I think that some part of humanity has forgotten who it is and as a result we are losing touch with our spirit. How much of our current society is based upon science and rationality? I think for the most part, it is. It is true that art is hardly taught to students nowadays, along with physical expression.

Alienation is a big part of our complex society because we feel we are separate from others when really we all depend on each other. This takes understanding from the same part of our brain that is suppressed today by rationality and science. What does spirituality signify but the inner connection to oneself and all of creation? Love and art are synonymous and it is much needed in our war-torn world today.

It is a conspiracy by the elite because what they show us on the news is not the truth, only how they want us to see it. It is through art and right brain awareness that we realize the next person is very much like us.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Very well said, IMMORTAL. Thats what I wanted to say, but my the left side of my brain is weakened.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can attest to this idea:

Throughout my life, I have found my mind in the constant struggle of balancing one side against the other. When I was younger, the right side of my brain was the dominant force in my head. I would write constantly, find myself day dreaming all of the time, etc.

As I got older and before I realized the effect of technological influence, I noticed that the left side of my brain got a bit more powerful in controlling internal affairs. I would read more, day dream less, and allowed myself to get somewhat detached or "cold hearted" in a manner of speaking.

My personality is still mostly right-brained, and this can probably be observed externally. But, as I find myself constantly analyzing and then reanalyzing topics and situations, I find that the left side has become quite the formidable "opposition".

I just wish that there was a way that I was aware about that would allow me to use both sides simultaneously. That would be something.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Of course the evolution of our technology on a day to day basis is going to effect us. Before the technology boom in the past 100 years, it seems that people were by far more spiritual and conected on a higher level of spiritual thinking. They also didn't have the modern distractions we have now, such as NEWS, TV, VIDEO GAMES and ECT.; That make it harder to be more spiritual. Modern day Babylon.

It almost seems common sense that this is true.

top topics

join