It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crohn's disease Cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is my first post. So if I write anything wrong, just say so.

I have an interest in Crohn's disease, because a family member of mine has it. Crohn's disease causes the intestines to become inflamed. I first heard about the following study in a book I read, called "Parasite Rex". This book has been out for about 10 years. What the scientists found out, was that when they put a harmless parasite into the test subjects bodies, their immune systems stopped attacking their intestines, and instead concentrated on killing the parasites. This caused a complete remission of the disease.

My question is why, after 10 years, is this cure not used to treat Crohn's disease? I then realized, what the answer to my question was, when I read the very end of this article.

www.suite101.com/article.cfm/microbiology/24051

The results from this study have encouraged the researchers to continue the work. They plan on conducting a double-blind study in an attempt to prove their theory. If this proves to be an effective treatment, researchers may be able to discover how the parasites suppress the immune system. They could then develop new drugs that would lessen the severity or, in some cases, prevent symptoms from recurring in patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.

This article says that instead of giving patients with Crohn's disease the harmless parasitic worms directly, they need to create drugs that act like the parasitic worms. Otherwise the big pharmaceutical companies will not make any profit. How do you copyright parasites?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My friend, i have crohn's colitis, and i cured mine without any drugs. None. Just diet. The Paleo Diet.

Eight months ago, i was getting out my head with all these pills, and my tin foil mentality kept seeing conspiracy all over Crohns. So i stopped taking the pills, but i knew i had to supplement and replace the pills with something else. And then i found it. A little research online, and bada boom bada bang. i have been almost completely symptom free for six months. Maybe two days out of every three weeks, something acts up, but overall, nada. You know about Crohns so you know that even a week with no symptons is a Godsend.

i'll try to find the links. i'll repost in a bit.

Good thread.
Love and Peace

join