It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The kettles on - anyone fancy a brew?

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When i came to my senses a while back now, and stopped drowning my sorrows in red wine, I found a friend in a good old cup of tea,- to which i admit i am most likely now addicted. Anyway, with so many different people on here, i was wondering what is your prefferred brew.

Personally i think you cant beat a nice cup of tea. I know that brits are meant to be renowned for their Tea preferences, but surely this is just bull, doesn't everyone want their tea made to how they like it. Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't turn my nose up at any brew offered to me, as long as its warm and wet (hopes these words don't come back to haunt me), but when you make it yourself, you have a certain way, Yes???? No???

So, is it Tea, a skinny Latte or even expresso that does it for you? Kettles on so don't take all day desciding..........

Mine:

Tea: Not to strong and not too milky with 4 half spoons, chart reference 604

[edit on 3-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
LOL who drinks 101.....

I like my tea with milk and two sugars..yummy.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

When i used to go round to my grandads house (he died), i used to make a point if asking for coffee - because the tea looked anaemic
What i'd give though to have a brew with him now :shk:

Yep my bet is that 2 sugars is quite common
We just aren't sweet enough.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Earl Grey, strong. One sugar and a little milk, piping hot!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'd really like a cup of Red Zinger with some orange blossom honey.
If that's not available I'll settle for Tetley with condensed milk and a bit of sugar.

A nice strong English breakfast tea will do in a pinch, but other than that I'll go for coffee.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

very nice ;o) Might have to give that one a try.

Your'e right ,Not all tea-bags are the same, Someone i worked with came up with solving the argument of tea quality by splitting the bags open and comparing the leaves, the top brands had blackish leaves whilst the cheap economy ones were full of brown dust. i can't make a brew with tetley - i need 2 bags
For me its Yorkshire Tea or Twynings everday tea

[edit on 4-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Someone i worked with came up with solving the argument of tea quality by splitting the bags open and comparing the leaves, the top brands had blackish leaves whilst the cheap economy ones were full of brown dust.

I thought I was the only one that tore open tea bags.
Mostly I buy Tetley, but a good dark Darjeeling in loose leaf is better.

Crap tea is just the powder that was swept off the floor, a true tea connoisseur would never drink that crap. A proper tea is brewed in a warm ceramic pot and given enough time to steap.

4 bags in a Brown Betty with fresh boiled water makes a good cupa........

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Someone i worked with came up with solving the argument of tea quality by splitting the bags open and comparing the leaves, the top brands had blackish leaves whilst the cheap economy ones were full of brown dust.

I thought I was the only one that tore open tea bags.
Mostly I buy Tetley, but a good dark Darjeeling in loose leaf is better.

Crap tea is just the powder that was swept off the floor, a true tea connoisseur would never drink that crap. A proper tea is brewed in a warm ceramic pot and given enough time to steap.

4 bags in a Brown Betty with fresh boiled water makes a good cupa........

Yeah thats how i was brought up - i was the teagirl, wait a minute, that wasn't right surely?
Whatever, i learnt enough to tell a good cuppa from a bad one. I haven't had loose tea ;o( Is that what my granny used that tea strainer for??????????? (my other nan read tea-leaves) Does it count if i take the tea leaves out of the bags ;o)

And dont forget - warm the pot first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yorkshire gold teabags are great, nice strong tea, though lately I have been drinking coffee alot.

I'd say my preference is probably 706 or around there.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

706, cool, strong but not too strong

The gold my favourite too but i'm economising so I get the original ones, which are still very good.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I love tea (Yorkshire tea), as long as I get some dark chocolate to go with it lol

Yeah I guess I have a certain way of making my own tea, so that it is just right i.e. not too weak and not too strong.

Also when I make my friend’s cups of tea, I always make sure, that I make it, just how they like it.

Recently I have started to like Earl Grey (Alien Tea lol ) I’m not sure why, but I’m starting to like it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Your Lucks in. I have a bar of cadbury's bournville or Green & Blacks Mayan Gold (Bitter Dark Chocolate with a hint of orange Mmmmn.

I tried Earl grey about 5 years ago, was a bit too perfumey for me. I did go through a phase of having fruit teas, I liked 'apple and blackurrant', 'rasberry' and blueberry although it had a sickly kick to it, i quite liked it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'll never understand the British, putting milk in their tea... I'm not judging, just not my cup of tea

For me it's roiboos, preferably spiced roiboos, or green tea. Or oolong tea. Sometimes with a teaspoon of honey, most of the time "straight".

And always, a big cup of black coffee in the morning!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

Have you tried it
I'll make you one? I might convert you

I like Coffee, White, Black, with sugar, without sugar - not too strong though, I put one level teaspoon of nescafe Atlta Rica (or filter coffee). My uncle brought me back some ground coffee from brazil once it was the best i have ever had. It had a tinge of orange to it.

I'll pretty much drink anything - but a normal cuppa is my favourite.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Instant coffee, dash of milk, 2 sugars.

Or, when I can afford it, those satchel Cappuccinos you can by that are made by Moccona, Nescafe etc.

Yums.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I'm going to put the pan on for you, warm a cupsworth of milk, just to bring it to the boil
I'll put your coffee, 2 sugars in a cup, Mix it will a little boiling water. Then I'll add the milk and give it a good stir. That sound ok ;o)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Unless you want to fork out for a satchel

Otherwise, sounds great.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Well I tried it, but maybe I just brewed it and prepared it the wrong way... I don't usually get converted to things so easily, but to tea I just might get converted. I looove tea.

So any tips about how one should make genuine British milk tea? Earl Gray or something else? How much and how long? Milk before or after? Normal milk or condensed? Maybe I'll give it a shot later. Right now I'm still drinking my coffee.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Well it really depends on your own preference. Personally, i use whole milk (the fresh kind), Are you making it in a mug? Everyone has there own way, i put the bag and the sugar in first, add the water and stir (not straight fom boiling, let it stop gurgling
When its a darkish color (again, depends on how strong you like your tea) remove the bag and add your milk, if you do it a bit at a time then you can adjust it accordingly to what you find tastes best

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

double post

[edit on 8-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join