It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Skies the Series help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Did this ever release on DVD in the USA? I have been searching all over for it to no avail. If not, why not, it is a conspiracy!

Thanks for any help on this most awesome series.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Shackled

There is a listing for it on Amazon, but it does not seem to be available yet.

I did find this on Wikipedia...

Following fan campaigns for many years, an announcement was made that Dark Skies would receive a complete series DVD boxset release in October 2007 (presumably for Region 1). [1] However Sony Entertainment subsequently cancelled the release, citing prohibitive music licensing costs.

I bet the cover-up is trying to silence the series!!!!!!1111111

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I have just always thought it super weird that it never came out on DVD. In fact I cannot even find episode streams of it on some of those streaming TV sites. I can find literally everything else under the sun though.

You never know, there might have just been too much truth in the series, hence also the reason it was so short lived.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
lots of people thought it was rubbish, unrealistic and fairly predictable -i'm shocked they didn't bring it stright out on DVD boxset just like they do with every other pap drama from telly.

I'm John Loengard.... hehe ok so i quiet liked it but i still know it was tat.

srsly it wasn't preparing us for anything,or trying to get the news out, it was a badly scripted drama about aliens -they stole the story line from the internet because its easyer than writing a new one hence it being all MJ12 and Men in Black stuff, then they tied in some political events and boom magic series with no effort.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Excellent series, real shame it's never been released on DVD

I did have every episode taped onto VHS, but the tapes have degraded over the years and are now unwatchable... (strange thing is, most of my other tapes are still ok to watch)

Not sure where you would be able to get them from these days

Sorry I can't help

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Found this, not sure on legalities though...just seems there was a DVD collection put together somewhere...

www.tvaddicts.tv...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Shackled

I did find this about the DVD Dark Skies release on the site TV shows on DVD:

www.tvshowsondvd.com...

It seems it is expensive to put on DVD because of all the music rights involved. If enough people write the studio (Sony) stating they would buy it, that may help it get released.

new topics

top topics

join