It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone want to change their way of life with me? (Diet, Mindset, Physique)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So I want to say first off, that this is going to be a radical change for me, but it is much needed.

In the last 3 years of my life, in which I graduated college and started my foray into the real world, I have put myself through quite a lot. Much of it was self-inflicted, some happened by circumstance. I used to be a physical specimen (played for Penn State football for a year), ate well, and had my values in tact. Since then, I have become a sedentary, stressed-out, anxious, alcoholic who lives on crappy food. I am finished pitying myself and am ready to change things.

Now lets get positive. None of my rules will be cement in this new train of thought. I thought some of you might even like to join me and keep everyone updated on our progress. I will adhere to rules, but not robotically, and I will explain that further.

Firstly, my diet. I have become increasingly interested in the idea of a raw food diet. It just seems natural. However, most raw foodies don't eat any meat at all, why not sushi? Its raw right? So basically, I want to make my diet about 50% raw, and be a pescaterian. That way, I can have a healthy lifestyle and still go to a restaurant with friends now and then without being the wet blanket that can't order anything on the menu. I want this diet to work for me, not the other way around.

Basically, I'm going to need help with all this. I won't be putting every meal I have up here, but I'll give a vague idea of how things are, and so can others. I also would love if people could keep me educated about vitamins I might be missing and foods I could add to the diet that would help.

I will start the plan with a diet and regular meditation. I am not new to meditation, so if anyone needs some help there, feel free to ask. Eventually I will start my workout program, p90x again, but that's a tough program, so I need to mentally prepare myself.

I started today. My meal thus far has been a cucumber salad with fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions in a sesame/water/lemon bath. Typically, this food would not be something I would even think about, but it was actually quite satisfying.

Living on made-to-order sandwiches for the last few years has made me crave nothing but rich and savory, but I look to change that over the next couple months.

Anyway, who's on board? I look forward to creating some sort of support group, as I am not nearly disciplined enough to do this alone.

Thanks for reading, God bless.

Jace

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I'am on this diet and would love to help you.

Please visit raw food forums by googling them and you cna receive all the help there. Im not 100% raw and i have not let go off meat just yet.

The main vitamin you will probably need is vitamin b12.

Magnesium is in wheatgrass, raw cocoa & zucchini's and many other foods

Make green smoothies from dark green leafy letters for your iron and protein. You can google raw green smoothies. Other forms of protein is hemp seed powder/oil, raw eggs, bee pollen and all types of fruit and vegetables combined. Wheatgrass gives you all your amino acids and is the easiest to grow.

my nickname is ApplesandOranges on above top secret if you would like to u2u me

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You might to well to u2u Meadowfairy. From what I've read in her posts she knows a lot about raw food diets and might be the best person to advise you.

new topics

join