It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My SEXY computer...on the way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
X
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
www.newegg.com...
$119.99 + 7.92 SH

X
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
www.newegg.com...
164.99 No SH

X
EVGA 512-P3-N879-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
www.newegg.com...
$174.99 No SH

X
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400PRO - Retail
www.newegg.com...
54.00 No SH

X
Windows XP Professional SP3
www.newegg.com...
134.99 No SH

X
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
www.newegg.com...
$119.99

X
COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UB Black /Blue Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
www.newegg.com...
$54.99

X
ViewSonic X Series 19" VX1940w Super High Resolution DVI Widescreen

-----

ROUGHLY

831.86$ USD

X

==

PURCHASED

and i have the hard drive and cdrom, plus some xtra ram.

MMM.....SEXY....CRYSIS....OTW FTW

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Thats a hell of a deal actually.. However..

I think a video card that doesn't offer HDMI is useless. I feel like even if I could play great games on a decent flat panel, its something I'd buy within the year anyway because it will be standard soon. I'd much rather play with my 1080 LCD that also has my cable hooked up to it.

The ram seems like a lot. I mean its fine, but Crisis is not gonna run on your machine well just because of a buttload of Ram. I would more likely invest in an i7 than go with all the ram for now. Ram is cheap.. Processors are not.

Not to down you, it'll be a great machine, but I would've spent a few hundred more and gotten one that would've lasted an extra year.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

My computer is a OC beast. My Core 2 Duo E8400 can OC easily with stock CPU fan to 3.7ghz

My ram, well, I don't even need to OC that for anything outside of benchmarks, so therefore I wont.

The 9800GTX goes up to a 870 MHZ core PRIME, barely any heat changs, about 4-5C, and 2133mhz Shader plus 2490 mhz memory.

The CPU can handle it pro, to, I've already talked with some hella tough tech gurus. Case will cool the shell prime, and the motherboard has a onboard cooling device that has got some of the best reviews ever.

Plus, 3d Guru said the 9800GTX+ can run Crysis full with Anti 2x Noise filter etc, at 1600x1200 with a FPS of 56, NOT OCed.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

Not to down you, it'll be a great machine, but I would've spent a few hundred more and gotten one that would've lasted an extra year.

Well, I had to get a monitor, and also, it's HDMI capable with an adapter, DVI essentially is HDMI without the port.

And it will last a year.... I'd just have to upgrade RAM and get a new Graphics card, like the 295 or whatever is coming next.

The motherboard is a beast for how much it costs, and there won't be any problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Nah man, I'm not necessarily downing the machine, I think its a good one..

DVI to HDMI is good, but it still includes a lot of noise in the picture. I for one, have a great DVI to HDMI connection, but I am not thrilled with it entirely.

Crysis will run well, I give you that. The OCed processor will pull alot of crunch out of the pixels, as will your absurd amount of ram.

I still think that adding either a quad or i7 processor will give you a lot more. And you could always save monitor-wise with a nice TV display. Kill 2 with one.

My opinion, I dont have cable anymore, so I use my computer for everything. And my sad little mac is showing wear.

PS. If I had the cash, I'd go all out and get the sickest mac tower they have available. They're just a dream to own.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Mac's are alot more reliable.

I worry more about Windows XP dealing with Crysis than my CPU.

The CPU will most definetly hold it's ground on 1600x1200, which is all I need to run it at. I don't require insanely tight graphics.

50+ FPS is fine with me to. Yeah the CPU is gonna get a little bogged, but considering I'm going to be playing that high of settings on single player only, I doubt that will do to much wear on the CPU.

Wish me luck brother!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

My computer is uber sweet. ^_^

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

its an Apple thats the Computer of Saten :shk:
yes i am anti Apple as i think they are hyped up and over priced

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I thought that too, until I had 5 different Dells die on me. Three hard drives, two motherboards. I gave up. No problems with the mac, so IMO it's worth the money.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That's why.

YOU BUILD YER OWN COMPUTER >_<

btw, here's pics of it so far.

viewmorepics.myspace.com...=2599526&i=54356776

new topics

join