It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im leaving for basic soon, can anyone help me buff up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Im leaving for basic soon, can anyone help me buff up?

im a 6'6'' 200 pound weakling and i want to be around 230-250. can anyone help me bulk up?

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by KrazyIvan]

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
buy some weights and consider creatine. Also, jog every day for as long as you can.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Heavy exercise to increase bone density workouts, Such as join a Gym and get a workout program, and stamina work.

When I go for a run I try and use everything I have in a final sprint to the end, about 300 feet, unless I finish totally whacked, then I feel I have not worked hard enough.

You need to be at 80% of your max heartbeat for about 20 minutes. (depending on who you ask I gather
)

Run, not jog, for as far as you can, preferably up hills

(jogging you can talk, running you are pushing yourself so you can only breathe)

I aim for 5 minute KM's (5 minutes for 600 feet?)

Remember muscle building hurts, to get it to work you need to make microtears in your muscle, and when they heal they will start to bulk out.

So if you go to the gym, or go for a run and it DOESN"T hurt, then you are not working hard enough. With weights do a set to exhaustion.

You also need to balance muscle and bone growth, for the strength, with cadiovascular exercise for the stamina.

So at least day by day rotation between weights and something like running. (cycling and swimming are not hard enough) Circuit classes in gyms are great as well.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
hey, if you really want to bulk up I can help you...
BUT
If you are leaving for basic training I would suggest not gaining any weight...most of everything you will have to do there is endurance related. Start doing pushups, situps, and chinups daily...a lot of them. And start running too, start out at a mile, work your way up to about 5, and you should be pretty ready. Any weight you gain before leaving you will lose in training anyway, you need endurance.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
Im leaving for basic soon,

Why, pray tell?

top topics

join