It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We all know that nuclear weaponary has been around for a while now and every government has thier own contingency plan for such attacks.
I have just discovered that the US government has recenty published an official guide for what to do in the event of a nuclear attack, covering various things like what to expect, dealing with casualties, what to do where to go.

Sure it is commence these days to have a plan to deal with nuclear strike but I am curious as to why now there is such urgency all of a sudden.

Excerpt from the introduction...

One of the most catastrophic incidents that could befall the United States (US), causing enormous loss of life and property and severely damaging economic viability, is a nuclear detonation in a US city. It is incumbent upon all levels of government, as well as public and
private parties within the US, to prepare for this incident through focused nuclear attack response planning. Nuclear explosions present substantial and immediate radiological threats to life. Local and State community preparedness to respond to a nuclear detonation could result in life-saving on the order of tens of thousands of lives.

Source

It was written as a result of reccomendations from FEMA last year.

With all the recent rumours of FEMA preparing themselves for 'something' this might be something you should probably familiarise yourself with.

[edit on 2/2/2009 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't know that I would read much into the timing of it, but it sure something the public should be told about.
This has more detail than just the old duck and cover and look for a bomb shelter like they used to teach.

new topics

join