It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

experiences and opinions on tarot cards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

IMHO there is nothing wrong with tarot cards. They don't tell fortunes. They give guidence. Sometimes the answers think they need guidence for are not the guidence given to them at that time but for some other thing in their life that is more important.

If you hear future from a tarot reading either the reader is intuitive or they are making up a bunch of bull. When they charge it could be a more towards the bunch of bull to keep you coming back for your money.

When I read cards before you even touch the deck we ask for Gods guidence to be given to you. I tell them not what the cards say but what I'm told of each card placed. I don't ask them any questions while I'm reading the cards. When I'm done I tell them I don't know what you wanted to know but I hope you understand the answer better than I do. I never ask them what it is they want to know. Thats between them and God. I am just the middle man so to speak.

Not everyone has the ears to hear the guidence given to them or the maybe not the faith when it comes from within. Many people still need to have something they can see to help their faith. Few people have the ability to have total faith in anything unseen. Even if they claim they do most people really don't.

After you read the tarot and learn to believe in yourself as a vessel helping someone with God giving you the words you'll probably find out you really don't need the tarot cards after awhile. The words of guidence for people will come to you with out them. You'll end up telling them things that come to you in conversation. They'll wonder how you know this stuff but it seems to help get them on the path they are suppose to be on.

It all depends on how you use your tarot cards and for what purpose. Who you call upon also to help you give the guidence people seek out from you.

I would suggest checking out the history of tarot cards. It's very enlightening. It's not the devilish tool that hollywood has made it seem to be.

I also believe if you walk with God he'll tell you in his own way to you if he finds them good or not. If you should use them or not. Perhaps he finds them good for people that use them for good and for others that might not use them for good he might not find them a good choice for them.

Everything in life can be made good or evil. It depends on what you are inside that can make that difference. It's your personal choice what ever feels right for you then is right for you. Never let anyone tell you that you are wrong because they feel differently about a subject like this. Follow what you know inside of you says. Not words from me or anyone else. It's a personal choice between you and creator. Whats right for one isn't always whats right for everyone else.

I've seen people pray and with their bibles in hand eyes closed..then they open the bible put their finger on a verse and thats there way of getting guidence from God.

I really don't think it matters to God how you get the guidence as long as you get it from him in some way. It's like praying to him I don't think it matters when you do it, how often you do it as long as you talk to him with your heart not with just lip service.

Good luck with your journey

Blessings

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Are Tarot cards an evil thing to be avoided ? Are they a tool to help one gain insight based on ones intuition ? Does it even matter , is it simply a form of divination and there for something to be avoided ?

I think it's important to say that while Tarot has always been used for divination, it has higher uses as well. The Adepts who developed the Tarot used archetypal imagery which corresponds to the Qabalistic Tree of Life, and therefore to human consciousness.

Meditating on the Tarot images can produce profound effects toward spiritual growth and inner equilibrium. Each card represents a part of ourselves, and the Tarot system gives us the opportunity to integrate those parts under the Divine Guidance.

For those interested in this line of study, there are two Mystery Schools based upon it: the Builders of the Adytum and the Fraternity of the Hidden Light.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
I also believe if you walk with God he'll tell you in his own way to you if he finds them good or not. If you should use them or not.

This is correct. He has said that they are not good. Again, you don't have to take my word for it, it's also in the written Word.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

This is correct. He has said that they are not good. Again, you don't have to take my word for it, it's also in the written Word.

But again, you have biblical prophets and magicians - who were the three wise men? Magi. What about Solomon?

www.religioustolerance.org...

The above link gives some examples of divination, magic and the occult in the bible. As I said before, it's a contradiction - those in power do not practice as they preach.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I use to do daily readings for years. I even did them for friends and they were very accurate at times. I did a reading for two different friends at separate times and in their reading it stated a birth was coming. Well 2 weeks later one told me she was pregnant and was actually mad at me and my cards! My other friend told me about 3 days later she found out she was pregnant at her yearly OB appt. Both of them had not suspected pregnancy in any way and laughed at my cards until it happened. I stopped doing my cards a couple years ago. Honestly they started to really freak me out. I became afraid I guess you could say of the accuracy they had with my life. I know that may sound silly but believe me when I say things got weird. Before I stopped I had been doing them for almost 10 years.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to work with the Tarot cards every day, and for a while even worked as a professional Tarot reader. I did many life-changing readings in my heyday, but then I stopped too. Every once in a while, I still do a reading for myself, but never for others anymore. Sometimes I'm tempted to start again, but I'm trying not to give in to the temptation.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
reply to post by mblahnikluver

As far as i know, it's absolutely impossible to predict a pregnance out of a reading. There is just no card that says: "You are pregnant". And i doubt that it is possible to predict a pregnance out of any combination of cards.

Tarot cards are above all a psychological system. Think about it: There is an innocent fool (every child) who faces lots of archetypical situations (tower) or archetypical chances (force).

The power of tarot is due to the accurate description of real-life archetypes. When you look at the cards in this way you can learn a lot about yourself and the world that surrounds you

Not true. A gifted reader can see many things that are not explicitly depicted in the cards. I once did an Internet reading for a complete stranger; she complained that she wasn't able to have a child. I drew some cards on her question and "low sperm count" flashed in front of my eyes. I told her that not she, but her husband should have himself checked out. Lo and behold, it was him, and a few months later she was pregnant. And no, there's no "sperm" card in the Major Arcana...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Many, many years ago I did tarot. I was VERY good at it. I had a HOT deck. I would do my own spread as well as other peoples. When I looked at the cards I could actually feel how they went together and they gave me a very clear picture of the person being read.

I no longer do tarot. I have learned the hard way that it opens doors that are very difficult to close. Doors that no one should open. Doors to spiritually bad things and bad spirits.

My advice - everyone take your tarot cards and bury them deep in the ground. Sprinkle holy water on top. Do not burn them. Let them decay naturally. Get rid of them and NEVER look back, no matter how tempting.

This is very interesting. I got creeped out by the cards at some point too, mostly because I felt I was getting too dependent on them. One thing that also deterred me was reading the book "The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts," a book everyone should read who is tempted to dabble in communicating with spirits.

Even though the Tarot didn't "haunt" me, I've had other experiences with the "Dark Side" all my life, so I can somewhat imagine what you're talking about. Still, I'd love to hear more of your story. What exactly happened to you? If you don't want to answer in public, you can U2U me. I'd really like to hear it... it might be a good reminder why I should not start doing the Tarot again.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I've worked with the Tarot professionally for a few years. I can assure you that the insights they give for people do NOT flash through my mind thanks to some disembodied spirits !! The Tarot is NOT dependent upon communicating with spirits, it is an intuitive process, intuition being something we were all born with , not something handed to us by spirit guides, demons or ghosts. There is nothing dark about the Tarot.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I've worked with the Tarot professionally for a few years. I can assure you that the insights they give for people do NOT flash through my mind thanks to some disembodied spirits !! The Tarot is NOT dependent upon communicating with spirits, it is an intuitive process, intuition being something we were all born with , not something handed to us by spirit guides, demons or ghosts. There is nothing dark about the Tarot.

Sure, some people can merely play with cards, but others know the rules and are there for serious poker.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join