It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

experiences and opinions on tarot cards

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I was just curious to hear some other peoples experiences with tarot cards. Whether reading them yourselves or having yours read by another person.

I have been practicing for five years now, although mostly for myself. They do seem quite accurate on my moods, but it could just be me seeing what I want, who knows. But something strange did happen to me today. After shuffling my cards and starting a spread I found several face up even though I can not come up with any explanation how they came to be that way...

I went to put down the sixth and final card in a spread and when I took it off the deck and looked down at it, it was already face up!

The four card spread I did right after (with a fresh shuffle) first card was face down and normal, the next three were face up.

Not sure what all that was about, each time I checked the deck to see if there were any others that managed to turn face up, and there were not any. Maybe someone has some opinions on that as well. I would love to hear it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As for my own experiences, i've never pulled tarot only been read. I've had it done maybe 4 different times in the last 2 decades, and they've been surprisingly accurate.

Now at first i thought i was just coincidence because they were pulling cards for the next year or so of my future. But my last two were done by a woman who only does 3 months at a time, and she was dead on about everything.

IMO it's a very good thing to look into, seems fairly legitimate depending on the people who are participating/reading.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by queenieme

I use the Crowley Thoth deck, myself. I have been for a long time. I like it because of the multiple Magi cards...

Um, it works well for me, but then again... people used to boil goats' heads for a method of divination.

I've been getting the Tower in every freaking spread I've done for at least two years now, so I stopped for awhile, just to let everything even out.

Some decks can be tricky. I happen to love mine ^_^. It does whatever and then I read it.

People ask me to read for them, because I interpret/associate well, but I haven't gone to do it myself in a long time.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

uhm... in said situation. you need to fix your environment....
ok here's a weird story. when i was younger me my brother and a neighbor were ''camping out'' (front lawn in a tent lol... kids are silly lol.) i had sea salt out just going through my tarot cards, not giving a reading. my brother and my friend we're in the middle of a conversation. (all of us were busy...)
then we both looked at the top of my brothers head. we then saw and /heard this weird lil 6 inch tall ... uhm. thing then after about 3-4 seconds it was gone... and we were like WTF! ....
what exactly you need to do about your situation... im not saying on this site. period.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi I have been reading cards for 20 years. In my experience when a card does that it is a card that is trying to tell that person something. They only way a card can do this is by catching your attention.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have been given readings by people using Tarot cards, and one lady in particular who was a gifted psychic and could give clairvoyance, sometimes used the cards and was very accurate.

The results are as good or as poor as the person using the cards, the psychic link they have established, and the state of the person being given the reading. If the recipient mentally blocks the card reader, then the results will either be poor, or perceived as poor by the recipient. This applies to all forms of psychic work, and I once saw a famous direct voice medium sit in stunned silence due to him being blocked by someone, and instead of six conversations, one with each member of the group, there were none thanks to one of those members.

Why are the cards turned over in the pack; well these possibilities come to mind:

1. The card reader is a schizophrenic, and turned them but can’t remember.

2. Someone else in the room turned them.

3. The cards turned themselves.

4. The wind blew them.

5. The cat turned them.

6. An invisible discarnate being turned them.

When you go down the list and discount the choices which are obvious to most people, you get down to number 6.

For many people here on ATS, and in the community at large; the very idea of there being anything in Creation which is invisible to them would seem impossible. We know that we can’t see TV signals, Radio waves, nor microwave signals.

In our dense 3rd dimensional world, apart from touch, the physical perception range is limited to between the frequencies of sound (16 to 20,000 cycles per second) and the higher visible light-frequency spectrum, seen as the colors ranging upwards from red, orange, yellow, green, blue, to near the ultra-violet level. We cannot see higher-frequency vibrational "matter" outside this range.

The Tarot cards are a physical method of ‘reading’ the possibilities, probabilities and certainties of what has happened and may happen to the person being given the reading. The reader makes a link through their higher mind which is external to their body, in the 12th dimension, and intuitively consults the Akashic Records for the information. We also have discarnate people around us most of the time and those with highly developed spirituality are able to influence physical matter in a lower frequency, and helpfully turning a few cards would not present much of a challenge for them. The proof of any reading is for it to be judged by the recipient at a later date, as to its accuracy.

Due to knowledge gained over thirty years of studying the paranormal, I’m going to choose item 6. This will enable the usual ATS members to post insults for me, which they seem to find rather amusing. There is a vast amount of material published in the world on the Paranormal, but some folk like to criticise without any knowledge of the subject.

I am forever grateful for Sir Oliver Lodge, the late Scientist and inventor of the automobile spark plug, for his trans-dimensional experiment of placing his voice recording onto a sealed audio cassette, through his partner Raymond. I gave Raymond a new sealed audio cassette, of a quite obscure brand; he held it out at arms length on his cupped hands in plain sight, and then asked Oliver to record a message on it for me. It was the following day when we had flown home to England and unpacked the cases, opened the cassette and played the tape; and as good as his word, there was a recording in Oliver’s own voice.

That was a remarkable exercise in a 3rd dimensional object being altered by a discarnate person in another dimension, and that’s why I pick option 6 above. I hope you find my explanation of some interest.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts

Why are the cards turned over in the pack; well these possibilities come to mind:

1. The card reader is a schizophrenic, and turned them but can’t remember.

2. Someone else in the room turned them.

3. The cards turned themselves.

4. The wind blew them.

5. The cat turned them.

6. An invisible discarnate being turned them.

When you go down the list and discount the choices which are obvious to most people, you get down to number 6.

Hi there, I'm still in the process of learning tarot, and finding my way using my deck. However, you've completely lost me by this point (and further on).
I don't understand your point about the cards being turned over??? The cards are put face down for a reason, right?
And your 6 reasons have totally baffled me further! (I'm sure you've not meant to, but I really am lost as to the theory you are presenting here. I'm not sure where this point came from as it doesn't seem to appear to follow on from your second paragraph?)

As other people may (
) already know, I get confused easily, so could you please interpret what you've said for me, please? (Possibly in laman's terms?! haha!)

Thank you

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

I am forever grateful for Sir Oliver Lodge, the late Scientist and inventor of the automobile spark plug, for his trans-dimensional experiment of placing his voice recording onto a sealed audio cassette, through his partner Raymond. I gave Raymond a new sealed audio cassette, of a quite obscure brand; he held it out at arms length on his cupped hands in plain sight, and then asked Oliver to record a message on it for me. It was the following day when we had flown home to England and unpacked the cases, opened the cassette and played the tape; and as good as his word, there was a recording in Oliver’s own voice.

Can you tell us what the message on the tape was or how it worked? Thanks , nasacarl.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
reply to post by Tallsorts

Can you tell us what the message on the tape was or how it worked? Thanks , nasacarl.

This happened in 1992, and answered a question I asked Oliver about animals.

At the time I didn't know whether animals had spirits or souls like humans do. Even writing this now sounds peculiar, but back in those days I hadn't got an answer to my question from anybody else.

What Oliver said was that animals were "just a smaller scoop out of the same bowl of spirit as we humans come from". He went on to explain that all forms of animal life were sentient; they feel pain and suffering; they feel pleasure, they can solve certain problems; they think, and they have conversations with each other, mainly psychically.

For me this was a revelation, because it is not usually admitted to by people who treat animals as objects; to be beaten; to be sold; to be experimented upon and so on.

We had some building work done about five years ago, and a box containing some CD's, records and tapes was stolen, and unfortunately this casette happened to be in this box with some other irreplaceable treasures. But, I can remember the meeting and the contents of the tape like it was yesterday. I hope this answers your question.

PS - As a Postscript to my reply, I was told that for Oliver, it was an easy matter for him to project his message using thought, from his mind to Raymond's, and thence down to the sealed cassette tape in his hands.

It should be remembered that Oliver was/is a scientist and did a huge number of experiments into electrics and magnetics and used to lecture on the subject, as well as being a Fellow of the Royal Society for Science.

Here's the Wikipedia entry for Sir Oliver Lodge

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21/2/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi, I have never had a reading, though I hope to do so in the near future. However, I intend to go as someone who is very sceptical towards all of these things.

What I would like to know, will it be possible to receive two consecutive readings at the same sitting? Surely the reading of the cards is to see my future (or fate)? If I have one reading and, from the cards that have been selected by me, am told possible future happenings based on their meanings.

If I now have a second reading different cards will be selected, therefore I will now be assigned a different future or fate. Can this be explained?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm interested into learning how to read tarot. I've got this big art project where I plan to design a deck for a friend of mine. It would take forever though! I was going to paint each one individually but I think I might draw and then digitally paint, or else it will take 10 years.

I'm lookin' to pick up a deck with some cool art.

Anyways, my opinion on how it works. Well..it's hard for me to tackle this one in few words but i'll throw some out there: infinite spirals, frequencies, inter-connectedness, shared levels of consciousness - subconscious or hyperconscious of a sorts, as well as thought manifestation, your life being consistent to a flow of a certain pattern.

Now since it would take me several posts to break down that one, i'll simply just say... I believe some level of consciousness directs our every actions, and puts us in sync with people and events etc... the same level of consciousness controls our thoughts on how we choose to shuffle the deck.. it can work through other people, even electronic devices.. such as altering the patterns of random number-card generator. Nothing is really random from a coding point of view. Its like organized chaos.. and if this level of consciousness is present in everything, and free from time itself, then it manifest our reality as we choose.

How does it know what cards to pick, well the information lies in our minds our minds of the reader as to what the cards represent to us.. so the cards can really have any meaning, and this level of consciousness will make us draw the appropriate cards.

Like raven said, something about goat blood or something. Divination with anything, throwing the bones if you like. Its easy to understand if you consider yourself part of a greater flow, that your conscious dumbed down mind is but of fraction of your consciousness, and that this higher governing force unknown to us, guides our every action.

This is a hard one to not break down into larger details, but myself personally have this complexly simple realization and I believe it is truth as I perceive it. With anything spiritual, I tend not to try and impose my truth but rather to imply others should look within.

I have my reasons why I think tarot works, but the question is how much time do you have?

To me, it works.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Large project to undertake...

here's why, (or least to my worldview, why)

i've had, cursery, by friends, Tarot Readings... for 50-50 enjoyment
and (i think) curosity by all parties involved.

i would suggest that any theme or pictorial image you assign to a
particular 'card'...it must invoke a primal response in the person being Read-by-Tarot

Anyways, my opinion on how it works. Well..it's hard for me to tackle this one in few words but i'll throw some out there: infinite spirals, frequencies, inter-connectedness, shared levels of consciousness - subconscious or hyperconscious of a sorts, as well as thought manifestation, your life being consistent to a flow of a certain pattern.

a swirl, or a filligree, or a fractal will have little/no affect on the person being carded.

one cannot/does not intermix such diverse 'correspondences' and get a clear & concise 'reading'...
the Tarot focus is in the social sphere as opposed to the cosmic sphere/ spiritual sphere ->> although all these aspects & correspondences do flavor the outpouring of info to the reader/& the reading

if this makes no-sense, then trust your own judgements

[edit on 21-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hi Does anyone know what star sign the fool card might symbolise. I dont know anything about tarot but after a brief internet enquiry i believe it pertains to materialism so i guess Taurus. Any opinions. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I agree there is an aspect of wishful thinking if this what your also implying.

I think this is why people ask the tarot questions, because they want to hear specific positive answers, or one they know would probably draw a certain card/result.

Myself when I get my own readings I try to be open, and open to criticism. So my readings aren't often overly positive but more cautionary and spot on revelant to my life.

A recent reading: be more practical - I'm unemployed and I'm struggling to stay grounded,

Also noted high energy, and warned me of burning out. I do have much energy now, in different ways.

It also said my clairvoyance + misc would improve greatly, and it is.. I noted this before the reading about a couple weeks ago. I've just been getting visions and seeing more things, and trusting my intuition more since a certain jungle ceremony.

It also said that like work opportunities would come my way.. interesting since i'm unemployed until the middle of march, which astrology told me in november would happen.. that money would be bad around this time and that by the middle of march job opportunities will come that I should take.

I didn't know that when I got back from my trip to Peru as well that I would get laid off.

I'm just giving an example of what I consider to be a fairly accurate reading for me. My friend did it, over the internet, and she knew nothing my situation except the part where I went on a trip.

My mindset was to find genuine helpful information, no matter how good or bad it may seem, and no attachment to a particular card.

I think this reading I had on my last birthday was the most profound, it seemed fairly and surprisingly accurate, and it really affected me deeply.

The predictions of the future can be followed through with wishful desire to fulfill the predictions. But readings pertaining to the accuracy of the past and present are different, unless it is drawing from your thoughts of the present and past.

At either rate, I believe the mindset is the factor of the outcome. Just like with meditation, you get visions and messages of non sense that you later realize could have been completely appropriate for the moment.

There are just so many variables but I feel if approached a certain way, the readings can be quite useful.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molech
Hi, I have never had a reading, though I hope to do so in the near future. However, I intend to go as someone who is very sceptical towards all of these things.

What I would like to know, will it be possible to receive two consecutive readings at the same sitting? Surely the reading of the cards is to see my future (or fate)? If I have one reading and, from the cards that have been selected by me, am told possible future happenings based on their meanings.

If I now have a second reading different cards will be selected, therefore I will now be assigned a different future or fate. Can this be explained?

You could get a second reading that contradicts the first; one that confirms the first; one that compliments the first; or one that has nothing at all to do witth the first.

As with all forms of clairvoyance, predictions, or fortune telling, the results you get are as good as the person giving you the reading; the strength of the link between them and the source of the information; as well as the willingness of the client to receive the reading. By willingness, I mean whether or not the client mentally blocks the reading.

You also have to factor free-will into the process. Let's say you are going to New York next Friday, and you've booked the hotel and travel arrangements. A clairvoyant or tarot reader could pick up this 'fact', that firm intention to do something in the near future. Even if a friend asked you if you were going anywhere nice for next weekend, you'd say yes, because you are.

OK then, you get some predictions from the reading about your trip, and they sound interesting, but a day or two after the reading, your plans have to be cancelled because a big issue at work comes up, with which you have to deal.

There are those who would say that should have been predicted by the reader, and then they go on to rubbish the reading. But, predictions deal with possibilities and probabilities, and they can't take into account changes to events due to people altering plans by their free-will.

Events often have a great complexity surrounding them, and just one person changing their mind during the process has a knock on effect, in some cases affecting millions of people.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sorry, I may have missed the point in your post, but you appear to be saying that these things are not accurate?

And why is it that every clairvoyant/audient/essient that I have ever questioned has said that my 'negative' energy is blocking the reading? This seems to be the ultimate get out clause. I have always approached these things with an open mind, but as I refuse to give out information when being cold-read, I ruin the reading with my energy?

I predict that someone will now say that I haven't been to a true psychic. I have been to many, due to my interest in mentalism and cold reading (which, like it or not, is what these are!), and have never seen anything more than stage tricks and illusion. I think that I could cold read some 'psychics' better than they read me.

Look into Barnum statements. These are statements which apply to 90% of the population. Why Barnum? The great PT Barnum said

'We have something for everyone'

and my favourite

'There's a sucker born every minute'

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I did some with a friendlasy week and it was amazingly accurate.

The most accurate one was the Lovers Card, considering the day before I had only started dating a girl who I liked.

Spooky stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molech
Sorry, I may have missed the point in your post, but you appear to be saying that these things are not accurate?

And why is it that every clairvoyant/audient/essient that I have ever questioned has said that my 'negative' energy is blocking the reading? This seems to be the ultimate get out clause. I have always approached these things with an open mind, but as I refuse to give out information when being cold-read, I ruin the reading with my energy?

I predict that someone will now say that I haven't been to a true psychic. I have been to many, due to my interest in mentalism and cold reading (which, like it or not, is what these are!), and have never seen anything more than stage tricks and illusion. I think that I could cold read some 'psychics' better than they read me.

Look into Barnum statements. These are statements which apply to 90% of the population. Why Barnum? The great PT Barnum said

'We have something for everyone'

and my favourite

'There's a sucker born every minute'

What I was trying to explain, from a long period of first hand experience, was that results can be variable, for the reasons mentioned.

I have had some fantastically accurate clairvoyance, predictions, and messages from Tarot readers, psychics and mediums. Questioning these practitioners is essential, and if you don’t understand what’s being said to you, let them explain it to you. I have also had some superb results from a psychic artist.

It has to be said though, that there are plenty people to choose from, some charge money and some don’t, some are useless, some barely adequate and some are superb, and if you manage to find a good one then you’ll know it from the results.

I always used to go with an open mind, prepared to listen to things which at first may sound a little weird, and fully prepared to ask questions about the results, in order to get a full explanation. I was also watching out for generalisations which would, as you say, apply to 90% of the population, and questions which would divulge things about me.

Remember that a good practitioner won’t ask many questions, and will want to tell you rather than ask you. Questions like’ “I’ve got a man here called Bert, can you understand?” are OK because they determine whether they have got the right link, but “I’ve got your Grandfather here” without any supporting details is a classic example of prompting.

As I’ve said, when you get a good one you’ll know it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm wondering if there's anything I could say here that would be considered unpredictable. saint4God says, "[insert expected response here]"

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I use to do daily readings for years. I even did them for friends and they were very accurate at times. I did a reading for two different friends at separate times and in their reading it stated a birth was coming. Well 2 weeks later one told me she was pregnant and was actually mad at me and my cards! My other friend told me about 3 days later she found out she was pregnant at her yearly OB appt. Both of them had not suspected pregnancy in any way and laughed at my cards until it happened. I stopped doing my cards a couple years ago. Honestly they started to really freak me out. I became afraid I guess you could say of the accuracy they had with my life. I know that may sound silly but believe me when I say things got weird. Before I stopped I had been doing them for almost 10 years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join