It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati religious beliefs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Also I'm intrigued by the notion that the candidate wears the Apron during the ceremony - does he wear it under or over the suit of armour?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Correct, thankyou for all your your pomp and ceremony - now the second part of the question - how are the 14 significant degrees represented in the map of the Camp?
(Remember you claim that there are only 4).

Each of the 33 degrees is represented by a banner on the Camp, not only the 5 mandatory degrees. And, of course, no suit of armor is worn in any degree of Masonry (another statement that illustrates your less than accurate knowledge of the subject you claim to be an authority of).
In the 32�, the Candidate is clothed in the white robe of a Magus, the Apron, Cordon, and Jewel, and is crowned with laurel, an evergreen sacred to Adonis, the Greek God of Light, which is the root of the Hebrew word "Adonai".
The officers and brethren wear tuxedos and degree caps. Nary a suit of armor among them.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This month's Vanity Fair has a LONG article about secret societies, who is pulling the strings, etc. It even gets into UFOs, Bud Hopkins, Jim Marrs, etc.
That is Vanity Fair...May 2004. YOU HAVE TO LOOK INSIDE THE MAGAZINE. THE ARTICLE IS NOT LISTED ON THE COVER!

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
To save further embaressment to Masonic Light I will be scanning and posting the relevent 19 pages to a new thread during the week.

I will OCR the entire book for the viewing pleasure of this forum over the next few months including suits of armour, 14 Significant degrees (represented by the 5 Standard-Bearers encamped around the pentegon and 9 Comanders encamped around the nonogon - sorry but there are only 23, not 33 flags on the map) and all the other wacky stuff that Freemasons love to deny.

Would any other suposed 33rd Degree Masons please post further abuse to a new thread.
This one is supposed to be about the Illuminati

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I will OCR the entire book for the viewing pleasure of this forum over the next few months including suits of armour, 14 Significant degrees (represented by the 5 Standard-Bearers encamped around the pentegon and 9 Comanders encamped around the nonogon - sorry but there are only 23, not 33 flags on the map) and all the other wacky stuff that Freemasons love to deny.

While you're at it, perhaps you could post some pages fom a book issued by the Flat Earth Society, who claim the world is a flat disc located 3000 miles from the sun. After all, according to you, if it's in one of your books, it must be true.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They were originally founded by Gallileo (the other one is a common misconception)

Is there anything to back this up? Or did you just read "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

[deletia]

[deletia]

Well, I'm only a 32nd, and I'm speaking as a Canadian SR Mason who has slightly different ceremonies, but a couple of things:

1) There's no suit of armour anywhere. That's just silly. Why would we wear a suit of armour?

2) There are 14 banners because there's more than one degree per banner (actually, it's slightly different up here, but I choose not to get into it). So, for example, the first banner includes the three craft degrees, the second includes the fourth and fifth degree, etc. This is discussed in "A Bridge to Light."

3) You're right... the Illuminati have nothing to do with Freemasons. And the Bavarian Illuminati believed in eliminating all religious dogma... pretty simple, they were anarchists, just like a bunch of other people in those bad old days.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

[deletia]

They superficially are opposed to the elitists who want to control them, but adopt the elite's propaganda against the Illuminati, Masonry, and other pro-liberty societies.
Calling the elite group "Illuminati" is, in my opinion, an abomination.

[deletia]

Although I don't agree with what you say about the Bavarian Illuminati (they weren't nice guys... wanted to destroy all govornment and all religion), I think this is the nicest and most accurate thing I've read about Masonry outside Albert Pike. Masonry is, without a doubt, pro-liberty. I think the old cry of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" describes us best, and in fact it is in our yearly charge up here in Canada.

Masonic Light, I hope you will come up and visit Alberta some time, as I'm sure we would love to hear from you in person. If you look at the Grand Lodge of Alberta page, you will see that we have a yearly seminar-type thing at Kananaskis. Please consider coming, we'd love to see you.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Although I don't agree with what you say about the Bavarian Illuminati (they weren't nice guys... wanted to destroy all govornment and all religion)

My Brother, I must respectfully disagree. The myth that the Illuminati and Masonry opposed all government and all religion was an invention of the continental Jesuits. For example, Adolph Von Knigge was a Brother Mason and was Weishaupt�s Deputy in the Illuminati. He was also an ordained minister and very devout Lutheran, as well as a democratic republican in politics. He would have not have joined, much less led, any organization devoted to the overthrow of religion or legitimate government. The same can be said of other members of the Illuminati, especially Goethe and Mozart, whose religious and political beliefs were well-known.
Weishaupt, in his autobiography, explains the goals of the Illuminati, which in hindsight, were practically no different from those of the United States� founding fathers. No less than Thomas Jefferson publicly defended Weishaupt and the Illuminati from the slander of the Bavarian government and the Church. When the Illuminati demanded separation of church and state, the Church accused them of violence to religion. When the Illuminati demanded free, public elections, the Church accused them of attempting to overthrow the "divine right of kings". Instead of being anarchists, every member of the Illuminati who has left behind a written record of his ideas has declared himself a liberal and a republican, as were Washington, Franklin, and Jefferson.
For more information on the Illuminati from a scholarly Masonic perspective, see freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Masonic Light, I hope you will come up and visit Alberta some time, as I'm sure we would love to hear from you in person. If you look at the Grand Lodge of Alberta page, you will see that we have a yearly seminar-type thing at Kananaskis. Please consider coming, we'd love to see you.

I may do that eventually, as I have a friend in the Alberta area I need to visit, it would be a nice vacation.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

For more information on the Illuminati from a scholarly Masonic perspective, see freemasonry.bcy.ca...

I stand corrected and embarrassed that I did not check this on the excellent GLBCY site to which you linked.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Very well put "Masonic Light". OK guys reading this thread & then thinking about everything else that I have every read on the net -> You have to admit there is a lot of "My God's Dick is Bigger that Your God's Dick" going on in the world - always has been. I don't really know who is a bigger Satanist - the actual Satanists or the Orthodox Fundamentalists out there!!

Listen up all of you Ignorant Idiots out there - Once & for ALL -
Lucifer is NOT Satan! Lucifer is the LIGHTBRINGER. Quoting Christ = "I am the LIGHT & the LIFE" - Co-incidence no?

If I had a choice I would choose "Illuminati" over the Roman Catholic Church every time. The RCC was the cause of a THOUSAND YEAR DARK AGE!
The RCC are the guys who are all about Repression & Control - there is NOTHING in the Craft that you can't learn by Reading books & Web surfing!!! In Contrast the RCC wanted you to believe them but DIDN'T EVEN ALLOW the laity to read the Bible for themselves!!!

The Roman Empire on the other hand Crucified Jesus & then 300 years later had the BALLZ to proclaim "Jesus is GOD" - we won't give you any evidence - just believe us - or else the Emperor - woops I mean Pope will have you Punished. Did you know that during the Inquisition the RCC treated Jews the SAME EXACT WAY that they Treated so-called "Pagans". Pathetic!!! People that try to convert others to their beliefs "By the Sword" are really doing a dis-service to humanity. Once again I will take "Liberty" over "Tyranny" and day of the week!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join