It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati religious beliefs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Does the Illuminati really worship the Devil, perform satanic rituals, witchcraft, black majic, and all the rest? The idea freaks me out! We would be under the influence by these people!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
From various sources - both written and electronic - it certainly looks to be true. Many authors have stated categorically that the Illuminati is a Satanic sect which worships negativity. They perform human sacrifice and pedophilia, controlling their cultists with a mixture of greed and fear. Greed for money/power and fear of being exposed. (They almost always record their 'Acolytes' in certain illicit actions, and use that to blackmail anyone who wants to 'leave' or refuses an order).

Use the search function here on ATS and run a Google search for 'Satanic Illuminati' and you'll get an idea as to what I am saying.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Technically, the Illuminati was a pseudo-Masonic rite, and, in imitation of Freemasonry, took no official stand on religious beliefs. Nevertheless, most of its members were avowed Deists. Deists believe in God, but not in the devil, scriptures, or miracles. They attempted to reconcile a belief in God with science, especially Newtonian physics. The Illuminati's founder, Adam Weishaupt, was a Deist, although Adolph Von Knigge, who was Weishaupt's deputy in the Illuminati, was a devout Lutheran.
The other famous members of the Illuminati, most notably Mozart and Goethe, were self-proclaimed Deists.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ACK! Masonic Light is closest...

The Illuminati have LITTLE to do with devil worship. Back in it's early days, the catholic church tried to discredit them by starting a smear campaign, calling them witches and devil worshipers. That false image lasts to this very day.

Their society is founded upon science, and the pursuit of knowledge. If that's devil worship... sure.

((Not to mention that many of its members were devout christians... before the church excommunicated them.))

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by kuranrohaen]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's true that Weishaupt's Bavarian Illuminati was designed to be a Masonic counterpart, but the current group are so far away from the original as to be a completely different organisation. Only the name is the same.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's true that Weishaupt's Bavarian Illuminati was designed to be a Masonic counterpart, but the current group are so far away from the original as to be a completely different organisation. Only the name is the same.

I think this is an important point, and should be elaborated on.
There is not any organization, secret or otherwise, called the Illuminati who are trying to take over the world. However, there is a collection of extremely wealthy elites who possess unprecedented power, and often use it unethically.
I think semantics is the key here. The Illuminati conspiracy was a hoax created by this elite itself, at that time, the Church and monarchical establishments. The problem with the modern conspiracy theorists is that they tend to throw the baby out with the bathwater. They superficially are opposed to the elitists who want to control them, but adopt the elite's propaganda against the Illuminati, Masonry, and other pro-liberty societies.
Calling the elite group "Illuminati" is, in my opinion, an abomination. They are not illuminated or enlightened in any way, shape, or form, and continue to use hysteria and superstition as tools to control the public, one of which was the anti-Illuminati hysteria that they themselves created. By attacking the Illuminati, the religious and political elite demonized the "good guys", bringing even the anti-elite conspiracy theorists under their control. Non-offensive societies such as Masonry, Oddfellows, and Knights of Pythias were then vilified by conspiracy theorists, which would have been exactly what the elite wanted to further their goals. It took the heat off of themselves.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Calling the elite group "Illuminati" is, in my opinion, an abomination. They are not illuminated or enlightened in any way, shape, or form, and continue to use hysteria and superstition as tools to control the public, one of which was the anti-Illuminati hysteria that they themselves created. By attacking the Illuminati, the religious and political elite demonized the "good guys", bringing even the anti-elite conspiracy theorists under their control. Non-offensive societies such as Masonry, Oddfellows, and Knights of Pythias were then vilified by conspiracy theorists, which would have been exactly what the elite wanted to further their goals. It took the heat off of themselves.
Fiat Lvx.

But, aren't many of the elite also members of the Masons? And what of Illuminated Freemasons?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

But, aren't many of the elite also members of the Masons? And what of Illuminated Freemasons?

Again, I think this boils down to semantics. There have certainly been men of wealth and influence who were Masons. By "elite", I meant the group who were using such power unethically and illegally.
Masonry is anti-elitist in this sense. One of the most important Masonic symbols is the Level, which represents equality. Masons believe in the equality of all men, regardless of social position. In Masonry, the king and farmer meet on the Level as Brothers.
Masonic Lodges reflect the outer society: when attending Lodge, one sees the physician, attorney, and statesman, sitting beside the janitor, short order cook, and day laborer in complete equality. It is in this sense that Freemasonry is anti-elitist.
As for Illuminated Masonry, technically all Masonry is illuminted, as its purpose is to enlighten. However, Masonry can, in the words of Confucius, lead the horse to water, but can't make him drink. Masonry can point the individual in the right direction, but cannot magically enlighten anyone.
The elite I referred to above as being enemies of a free people are those who oppose equality and democracy, using their influence for less than noble purposes.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
sweatmonicaIdo, consider this:

According to True Believers, Christianity is the One True Religion, the God of Christianity the One True God.

To people of this mindset, any god but the Christian God is a false god. Satan is the father of lies. Ergo, any worship but the worship of the One True God the One True Way ( which is different in the many various denominations ) is the worship of Satan.

Satanists who call themselves Satanists ( as opposed to those called Satanists by True Believers ) believe that there is One True God, and the Christian Bible is his word. Having avowed this belief, they choose to worship Satan.

When you hear charges of Satanism, consider the source. Ask the person making the claim what a Satanist is.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I just joined this website today and found out about Illuminati as well. To tell you the truth and be blunt about it, I really don't know about all of this and it seems a little out there. However, reading about what they believe kind of interests me. Some things I have read about what they believe are kind of strange such as the fact that they worship Satan, and practice Witchcraft. However, if you look into the religions that consider themselves witches like Wicca you will find that they are peaceful religions. Real satanic worship has nothing to do with Wicca.

Then someone explained that they really have nothing to do with satanic practices but that was just a label given to them by the church. That dose clear a few things up and happens to be vary believable if you know a little history about the church. In fact they were against the church is not really a bad thing. I believe that the basic ideas of Christianity were good but in the hands of man Christianity can be, well tragic. I also believe that the general population can�t handle the truth of what the government needs to do to keep this country running. I really think that every country should have a standard of living that should be near every other country in the world. The fact that the US has a higher stander of living then most other counties means to me that we must be taking something from them. Is the general population ready to accept that? Is the general population ready to give that up?

With all the information I have taken in from this website today, I have to be really picky about what I chose to believe. I really don�t understand why people are so against the Illuminati. I guess there are so many questions you guys have been asked already, that I am just going to try to do a little research on my own. All this information in one day is a little overwhelming.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, Styki. I have to agree with Researcher on this one. As far as the satanism stuff, you have to consider where the information comes from.
Fundamental, evangelical Christians believe that if you have religious beliefs different from their own, you are a satanist witch by default. This not only includes Wicca, but also Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc. The fallacy here, at least IMO, is pretty obvious.
Also, the belief in a supernatural being or demon called Satan is in itself a Christian belief, although it has been adopted by Islam and some sects of Judaism. So, to use a syllogism here to make a point:

There are other faiths besides Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
Only Christians, Jews, and Muslims believe in Satan.
Therefore, other faiths do not worship Satan.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Illuminati, according to 'PreserveDestiny' (you'll know who I'm talking about if you follow the Dan Burisch case) are Lucifarians. This doesn't mean they worship the devil, because they don't believe lucifer to be evil. They think that he is the bringer of light, and saved humanity, at the time of the Fall, from ignorance. They see God as a slightly authoritarian dictator intent on keeping humanity in a state of ignorance as not to challenge his position.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Once again, "Lucifer" is a strictly Christian belief. The word is Latin, and does in fact literally mean "light bringer."
This word, being Latin, of course does not appear in biblical manuscripts. It first appreared in the Latin Vulgate version of Isaiah, where St. Jerome used it in place of the Hebrew word "hekal", which means "shining one." This word, as well as the entire prophecy, refers to Tiglath-pilaser, the Babylonian king at the time Isaiah was writing, not to a demon.
The belief that Lucifer was the name of a fallen angel who turned into the devil was popularized by the poet John Milton, in his epic "Paradise Lost", which casts the character of Lucifer as sort of a misunderstood rebel. The poem probably symbolized political tensions of the day, but is the basis of the modern Christian belief in Lucifer.
The Jewish faith does not adhere to this Christian doctrine, as they are aware that Isaiah's "Lucifer" was a human king, not a supernatural being.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I also believe that the general population can�t handle the truth of what the government needs to do to keep this country running. I really think that every country should have a standard of living that should be near every other country in the world. The fact that the US has a higher stander of living then most other counties means to me that we must be taking something from them. Is the general population ready to accept that? Is the general population ready to give that up?

This is part of the problem here.
Isn't this just what NWO is...all countries being equal. Do we really want the government doing whatever it takes to keep it running, regardless of what happens to our republic?
I, for one, do not look forward to a global economy. Which you think will solve all problems?

Please clarify?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordlefty
The Illuminati, according to 'PreserveDestiny' (you'll know who I'm talking about if you follow the Dan Burisch case) are Lucifarians. This doesn't mean they worship the devil, because they don't believe lucifer to be evil. They think that he is the bringer of light, and saved humanity, at the time of the Fall, from ignorance. They see God as a slightly authoritarian dictator intent on keeping humanity in a state of ignorance as not to challenge his position.

Are you saying that "satan" is commonly used when referring to "lucifer"; much as "jews" is used when referring to "zionists"????

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Are you saying that "satan" is commonyl; used when referring to "lucifer"; much as "jews" is used when referring to "zionists"????

Are you saying that Jews are comparible to satan? I think you mean it the other way round, Zionists when refering to Jews.

I think Satan as a concept is a medieval polerisation of Lucifer. Lucifer wasn't supposed to be 'evil', it was the catholic church which presented him in that light.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Masonry is anti-elitist in this sense. One of the most important Masonic symbols is the Level, which represents equality. Masons believe in the equality of all men, regardless of social position. In Masonry, the king and farmer meet on the Level as Brothers.

Fiat Lvx.

But,why they have many different degrees inner??

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Bohemian Grove, Skull and Bones.

death cults, owls, peeing against trees and "cremation of care" to the dark lord Morloch.

and that's what the Globalists do for fun...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemist
But,why they have many different degrees inner??

Our degree system is perhaps the most misunderstood aspect of our fraternity for non-members. Degrees do not denote rank.
Originally, Masonry had only three degrees: Apprentice, Fellow Craft (or Journeyman), and Master Mason. These three degrees constitute Ancient Craft Masonry, and all Third Degree Masons are full members of the fraternity.
All other degrees from all other Rites are simply elaborations on the first three.
In Masonry, "rank" is attained by being elected to offices in the Lodge and Grand Lodge, not by receiving degrees. The Presiding Officer of the Lodge is called the Worshipful Master, an Old English term that was applied in the middle ages to architects by the craftsmen's guild. To be elected Worshipful Master, one need only be a third degree Mason, and he automatically "outranks" every other Brother in the Lodge, regardless of their degree. But even he only outranks them in this sense: being elected by his Brothers, he becomes the first among equals. When his term has expired (usually one year), another Brother is elected.
In my Jurisdiction, it takes a minimum of two months to go from being a non-Mason to a third degree Master Mason. There is no waiting period for the other degrees after this.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Masonic Light~u are freemasonry??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join