It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA photograph pyramid on moon.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

If this was some pyramid sticking up into the skyline on the surace of the Moon, then where is the black sky above this pyramid????

So you consider that when you look upon the pyramids here on earth that we should be seeing the sky in black?
Do you forget that all of this is on the bright side of the moon?
Reconsider and give a though of what is hoden on the far dark side.......

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

There are 2 problems with the IRSO processed image.

1. The author does not use the normal RGB band strip. They use the Sub sampled strip which is basically a B/W image. The entire combined image also is a downsized version jpeg containing all 3 different variants and the author simply cropped out the section with the alledged "pyramid".

Here is cut out of those 3 strips with the section of area containing the alledged "pyramid".

The entire strip can be found on the IRSO site HERE

2. The IRSO does not publish the raw data images, nor have they published any material yet that can be independantly processed from that raw data.

That means all we have is pre processed, size reduced results on their web site. hardly anything that will provide "proof" of anything.

Once IRSO starts releasing the raw data, and we can process that data ourselves, then we have something to do data comparisons and real analyzing. Until then...whats publshed on their site is merely "eye candy".

Even eye candy images, especially reduced resolution ones, cant prove anything.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 1-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm not sure I like the image processing done in the OP video.

I think he was a little liberal in the filters to produce something "oooh and ahhh" worthy.

To me it looks like part of the vehicle or other equipment the camera was mounted to.

I think RFBurns got this right on the last page... but only more info on the camera and it's mount will eliminate that argument for good.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by cogburn]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
reply to post by RFBurns

If this was some pyramid sticking up into the skyline on the surace of the Moon, then where is the black sky above this pyramid????

So you consider that when you look upon the pyramids here on earth that we should be seeing the sky in black?
Do you forget that all of this is on the bright side of the moon?
Reconsider and give a though of what is hoden on the far dark side.......

NO. Pay attention..

All horizon pictures takn on the moon, be them in b/w or color, show us a dark skyline dont they. That is on the moon. And even on the bright side of the moon, the horizon is NOT white or even grey It is ALWAYS dark.

All horizon pictures taken on Earth show us a blue sky or dark sky at night. Even a black and white image of the pyramids at Giza taken during the day time will show us a definative skyline, greyish.

Now since there is no atmosphere on the moon that would give us a skyline like we have here on Earth, then we should be seeing a dark skyline above this so called pyramid. But we dont. Even in that highly blurred, special contrast techniques (which is laughable in itself), we see NO dark skyline above this so called pyramid.

Surely if this so called special contrast technique can squeeze out a shade of shadow that is dark in an over exposed image, can also squeeze out the dark skyline above this "pyramid" too.

Lets also look at this from the catalogue prospective on the Apollo image website.

The source photo is at the begining of the magazine of film. The first few frames, in many of the film magazines, are usually over-exposed like this.

So unless the skyline on the moon has suddenly turned bright as an Earthly bound skyline...its wishful dreaming.

Also the suggestion that the IRSO is of a pyramid and this old Apollo image is of the same area....wrong. Apollo 17 was no where near the crater/pyramid area in the IRSO image.

Sorry to be bursting bubbles here, but as I said, I am all for finding artifacts and structures etc on the moon, but I also am capable of putting 2 and 2 together to come up with the right answer instead of the answer I want it to be. So is the case here with this shadow shaped like a pyramid which just happens to be a photo of the floor of the LRV.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 1-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Sorry guys, but I really don't think the three-sided feature is a pyramid either. Relative to the frame, shadows around the area indicate the primary light source to be bottom left. If the main feature was a raised pyramid, then the darkest shadows would be generally to the top right. This image shows exactly the opposite.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

The camera is mounted on the chests of the astronauts. The film stock magazine was being changed and is why the camera is pointing down at the LRV floor.

Mission notes of magazine Hotel and of frame AS17-135/136-20680 found HERE

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That giant face behind it is going to give me nightmares tonight

If you freeze that video at exactly 7:00 you can clearly see the eye starting to become visible directly at the peak of the pyramid.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The one thing i can certainly say is that i cannot say with a degree of certainty what the picture shows.
For one thing i cannot certainly accept that it is the vehicles floor either...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by Tyr Sog

if there is a cover up, that's unlikely. whomever is responsible for the cover up more than likely keeps tabs on every telescope capable of actually seeing something.

That would be pretty much impossible. Here are just a few AAO's around the world. There are many, many more:

Amateur astronomy organizations:

* American Association of Variable Star Observers
* Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers
* Astronomical League
* Confederation of Indian Amateur Astronomer Association (India)
* Society for Popular Astronomy (UK)
* Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
* Federation of Astronomical Societies (UK)
Source wiki

Not to mention
The American Association of Amateur Astronomers
AMATEUR ASTRONOMERS ASSOCIATION OF NEW YORK
I could go on all day but you get the idea that there are a lot.

There are 100's of thousands of amateur astronomers around the world and that doesn't even take into consideration the non-amateurs

The reality is, there are no pyramids on the moon or moon bases.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The newer photo from the Indian craft is impressive enough to send a rover there for closeups (or yeah, if only). And I read a thread on another site that mentioned India as the far greater hope than NASA in getting good enough data on the mysterious debris/garbage field in the Shorty crater (including the apparent android head that's WAY too shiny to be a rock):

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Interesting disclosure testimony~USAF Sergeant Karl Wolf:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Really. I don’t see any pyramid on that photo but someone posted here link to interesting photos of Apollo 17. One photo is especially interesting for me. Maybe it was posted before in other thread about moon but it was impossible to find for me. All about that photo. We can see a slope of a hill with two tracks of falling stones probably. Avalanches on the moon are rather rare occurrence but we cannot exclude some seismic activity. Everything is ok but why that tracks are in two different directions? That tracks are visible on many photos. That track on the left side looks like a normal direction of stone rolling down the slope but that track on the right side looks like track of something going partly along the slope rather than down the slope.

Stones moving with different direction that we could predict knowing about gravity force are rather unusual phenomenon I suppose.

The second thing interesting in that photo is that we can see stars on the sky. The sky is not solid black. NASA didn’t edit that photo like many others probably because the transparent antenna which cross the horizon line.

On that sky we can although see some kind of I could say extraordinary regularity. I improve that in psp strongly but you can see that easily on original proto if you look at your LCD screens with some angle.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by odyseusz]

[edit on 1-2-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think there are structures on the moon but the pic we saw as much as i want to believe it's a pyramid seems to be part of the equiptment they sent up there.
This is what ATS is about & why i joined,great discussion without a hint of nastyness

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is far less aimed at anyone on ATS and more towards the morons who post crap like this all over the internet.

Personally, I have had it with blurry, over processed, over sharpened blobs that are then outlined, colored and slapped with a retard's version of a label, like "ROBOT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Or ones who refer to a blob that looks more like a horse with a thyroid condition "The gas station". Dont throw a dramatic label on something! It is stupid.

I want reasonably clear to somewhat comprehensible images that yes, can be circled, colored in if circling isn't going to work, but ONE color, thankyou. Leave oritingal crappy photos ORIGINAL AND CRAPPY. Most of us are big boys and girls and we have access to some photo editing program, or know someone who does. If you dont have one, go try Gimp.

If there's something there- don't trace all over it. because then, all I see is the tracing. I want the pics left at their original resolutions, not so I end up a grainy blob that could be 2 amoeba doing the horizontal monster mash for all I know.

I am really viewing crap like that as a form of disinfo- meant to confuse and/ or make anyone seriously looking for artifacts or structures look like the loonies who do this sort of nonsense.

Unlikely that the ones that post the youtube drivel would listen, tho.....

[edit on 1-2-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great info people....thanks. My one question is, if we have a hubble telescope
that can photo space millions of miles away in great detail and in color,

Why are photos of the moon still blurry and in black and white. Surely
the indian probes have better ability than that.

The rovers sent better pix than that.

This causes me to question the whole thing altogether.

I wonder if the hubble can be pointed at the moon and take some pix?

wouldn't that be interesting.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
in the moon roads youtube from p. 1 between 4:30 and 5:00 in the lower left hand corner

is that this pyramid that we're all looking at?

if so - this might provide the size comparison that could be helpful.

And aren't there glass tubes theories about mars, some of these "roads" really look like them.

my question is - why roads? Why have pyramids that channel energy and have hover craft etc. and still need trucking

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I think you are right, in fact, I said the same thing some months ago on another thread about the same photo.

The photos before and after that one show the LRV and the surrounding area.

as17-135-20677

as17-135-20678

as17-135-20679

as17-135-20680

as17-135-20682

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK

Here you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's times like these that I truly LOVE this site. Thanks to OP for video and to others for posting compare and contrast of the pics.

People don't want to believe it so they dont. but it is really there.

And the alien headress thing I had never seen before.

Every pic of the moon i'm going to start flipping "upside down" to see if we can find some more.

( I meant every pic i look at not literally every pic taken. lol )

God work guys

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

i have run into this discussion before Karl 12

i have looked at the photos of the LR and to me they don't exactly match the Pyramid Photo. just my opinion

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Heres some different colour filters of the image:

Of course I could be wrong but the triangular object doesn't appear to be part of the craft but part of the lunar landscape.

As a speculative experiment it would be interesting to see if the angle of inclination is the same as the Giza pyramid -anyone got a protractor?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join