It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial date set for fraud case against Church of Scientology in France

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I know all of this I'm a fan of real history. The thing is, the Church is opening up. Christianity is not the same as it was 50 years ago let alone 500 or 1000. They are much more open to facts now and even the Catholic church says its' ok to believe in evolution. Scientology is NOT A RELIGION. If they were there would be at least some moderates and secrecy would not be needed. It is an organized crime syndicate with a cult mentality.

Christianity started in secrecy because they could be killed for following a rebellious message like that of Jesus. You know, love your neighbor and your enemy and all that other good stuff that Scientology does not teach. Scientology teaches you to reject the world not embrace it. What kind of religion does that? Not even Islam does that barring some radicals.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm not saying I agree with Scientology, but every religion has to start somewhere and people say they're worse than other religions for doing things that other religions did. Ok some religions are opening up...but they didn't start that way.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

No they didn't start that way, but intent is important here. Christianity start in secrecy because they could be killed for believing in a man who preached cooperation and tolerance. Judaism was practice word of mouth and in secret for 1000 years before anyone wrote anything down, because they were slaves and they could be killed just for writing let alone believing in something their slave-masters didn't want them to believe.

Scientology is secretive because they want power and money. Period.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

So what? It's still a stupid belief system that people subscribe to and there's nothing we can do to change that. We shouldn't be telling anyone what they can and can not believe, even if what they believe is stupid. They can't be punished for believing in Scientology now, but it could happen that way.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Its a witch hunt...

"how do you know she's a witch?"

just kidding....as a french resident this doesn't surprise me at all.

These nuts may be able to tell their story around the world but, as the saying goes...."you can't fool all the people all the time.."

I hate their intimidating, meglomaniac ways and if I met one here they'd have a hard time.

The French can smell "bull" from a mile off not to mention their traditionalistic religious stature...

Damn Hubbard worshipping Freaks....

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

It isn't about telling people what to believe. It is about uncovering fraudulent institution that commit crimes. We're doing it to the Catholic church over the child molestation cases. If an institution is keeping quiet about such things and even actively facilitating such activities then the people responsible should be brought to justice. And if that means shutting down their front(i.e. the Church of Scientology) then so be it. If the Vatican had a pro-child molestation policy then they should also be shut down.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You people really should do some research before making half arsed comments. They are not a religion in any way shape or form. If you want to join their "church" you have to pay for the religious texts, they start at about $50 - $100 and increase as you get to the higher levels and I don't mean by a few $, people mortgage their houses to pay for this crap. L Ron Hubbard was a Sci-Fi writer not a religious profit. And please name me one church that has it's own navy (Sea Org) and intelligence agency (Office of Special Affairs). I could go on for hours about all the murders and human rights violations carried out by this corrupt business but I'll let you research it for yourselves.

[edit on 2/2/09 by SG-1-9er]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I don't believe that the U.S. has the authority to outlaw the church of scientology (freedom of religion and all that), people should be allowed to believe what they want, even if it is crazy. best we could do is strip it of its tax free status and attempt to raise awareness about the corruption and evil-doings of the church.

that being said, the church of scientology is an evil institution that brings only harm and false hope to its members. if I woke up tomorrow and the church of scientology had been wiped off the face of the planet, we would all be better off for it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
reply to post by projectvxn

We shouldn't be telling anyone what they can and can not believe, even if what they believe is stupid. They can't be punished for believing in Scientology now, but it could happen that way.

It's not about the followers it's about the leaders who are making huge profits from these people, the texts that CoS is selling is now freely available on the internet thanks to anon.

We fully support freedom of religion. There is a breakaway faction of the CoS known as the ‘Free Zone’ who follow Hubbard’s works but see the CoS for what it really is. We support these people. If someone wishes to believe in evil galactic warlords firing aliens into volcanoes (this is what Scientologists believe), we have no issue with that. We simply wish to prevent further suffering. Join us.

Anon

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join