It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fight for Global Dominance begins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks yeah I know there is a lot to go through. I just hope people have the patience to read and listen so they can get the big picture.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow..lol...
Thumbs up, excellent job. It must have taken you awhile to find those videos, excellent detective work.
Starred and Flagged

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I thought you might enjoy it let me know what you think later after digesting it all

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Violent clashes in Russia as angry protesters call for Putin to resign over economy

Russia was rocked today by some of its strongest protests yet as thousands rallied across the vast country to attack the Kremlin's response to the global economic crisis.

The marches, complete with Soviet-style red flags and banners, pose a challenge to a government which has faced little threat from the fragmented opposition and politically apathetic population during the boom years fuelled by oil.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Davos divided on how to fix Wall Street

DAVOS, Switzerland (Fortune) -- One of the more repeated comments heard in the after hours chatter in the salons of Davos was that no one from the financial industry has actually apologized for the mess they've created in the global financial system.

It is true that many of Wall Street's whipping-boys decided not to attend this year's World Economic Forum. Merrill's John Thain and Barclay president Robert Diamond, Jr. didn't show up for a session titled "Scenarios for the Future of the Global Financial System." Those bankers who did make an appearance argued we shouldn't play the blame game. As one put it with some bitterness: "What we call greed now, we called success a year ago."

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't know what time zone or what country your from but CNN is doing a good report right now regarding the challenge to western powers by the Russians and Chinese right now
If you watched it lets discuss it here right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Speaking right now

Calderon Mexico President
Brown UK prime minister
Han Seung Soo South Korea

Great stuff here not much love for the US

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Man looking forward to what Calderon has to say.

wonder if the subject of the CIA report on his country being on verge of collapse comes up. Or the rampant corruption.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Well they are speaking in general terms but you can tell that they are not happy campers with the US but the mood seems to be good towards the US under Obama

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm watching this right now and what keeps going through my mind as I see all the major global leaders speaking "prime ministers and presidents" and right now we are in a major global crises and why isn't our new President there?

I mean this is the big economic taco so to speak and we are the worlds largest economy and yet we don't have our President rubbing elbows with the rest of the world leaders now why is that?

this is the kind of inaction that may lead to our loosing global influence by not rolling up our sleeves and getting into the mix.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Davos ministers look to free trade for solutions - 1 Feb 09

On the last day of the World Economic Forum, key trade ministers have vowed to push forward international free trade talks and fight protectionism. They say it is the way out of the global economic crisis that has dominated four days of meetings. But other issues were also raised. Al Jazeera's Stephen Cole takes a look at what has been said and achieved.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well that's it this has been SLAYER69 Reporting on the World economic summit signing off. I tried to grab all the information from various sources let me know what you think.

I'll stop posting and let this sit for a few hours or days then come back to read the replies if there are any.

PEACE

SLAY

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's time to judge the contenders and this is tough.

With so many nations involved, I am going to break it down into priorities.

China speaks of a global monitary system that is stable, fair, easily accessible for trade and to prioritize the less developed countries to achieve prosperity in a world economy.

The (Formerly) USSR....
Make no bones about it. Total frustration that this crisis was allowed to occur as "unexpectedly as the coming Russian Winter.

I must agree that pointing out the incompetence that suggested up until the drain was pulled on the tub of water we blindly let overflow until it could sustain no more volume of finance. A finance as translucent in it's depreciated value as that of the water and it's tendency to follow gravity, establishing a vortex effect that attracts every drop to it's ultimate demise down the drain of the debt plumbing installed by the Central Bankers, Corrupt Gov't and Corporate illusion.

The speech to introduce the US new administration to the world economic forum was indeed a typical melodramatic prewritten script.

Concern of all economic classes, business and Gov't world wide, and "hope" to resolve the Gaza/Emerate/OPEC contraversy and death toll was expected as well.

The Global Warming carbon tax precurser? If indeed a priority with belief in it's real existence, spikes my interest regarding the need for renewable or commodity saving power sources may actually be the key to solve the entire enigmatic puzzle.

In proven repetition, the change card was played to the hilt as expected.

Ron Paul, well, I must agree that a US currency backed by either Silver or Gold, (but not both) would serve our Countries best interests hands down.

After much thought and weighing all of the retoric out and focusing on the meat and potatoes,

I have my decision to cast judgement on My belief as the winning contender is:

The MTY (massive yet tiny) Engine.

This could make transportation 1000% more efficient, both in community and freight transportation. whether by road, rail or air.

As a by product of this new technology, we could increase cost of power savings by ten fold. Imagine the implication of this savings. Oil imports reduced 90% or more. A fraction of emissions released into the atmosphere.

Factories could use this or other technology to exhaust clean elements as well.

This covers global warming, import of oil, efficient power and much much more.

Although MTY Engine was (as Ron Paul during presidential campaigning) not invited to the match,
I have no choice but to cast my vote to MTY Engine as the overwhelming winner.

edit to add:
S & F
[edit on 1-2-2009 by imd12c4funn]

[edit on 1-2-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Excellent observation.

Lets see what the masses come up with I feel have a better understanding of whats going on and how we can get out of this situation without all the gloom and doomers it's nice to get a clear perspective on the situation there was a lot that went on that I still need to read up on to get a better handle on what was discussed.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Easy about putting all your eggs in one basket. As far as i know the engine has not been installed in a real automobile or shown real road results.

So though it does look promising with high potential it can turn out to be a SCAM. Either way its not going to bring trust back into the banking system which is the core of the global downturn.

One the matter of this thread though Awesome job Slayer. My thoughts I took away were the world feels it got screwed over by the US (perhaps true but also scapegoat mentality). The leaders want to use this to expand on more integrated globalization which is music to my ears and makes me jubilant.

Further in regards to the US it may lose its hegemony over the dominant currency for something else.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Thats a fair obveservation
time will tell I want to hear whatObama will have to say from world reaction from Davvos

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
SLAY you've done a helluva job on this one Brotha! Top kudos and respect!

This will take so much time for my mind to digest, but one of the things that caught me was quoted in one of your sources stating that no one was saying they were sorry for starting this worldwide economic mess. MAN! I gotta have that job... It's like the CEOs of industries that continue to loose 40+ billions of dollars a year and STILL HAVE A JOB!

I will keep as good an eye on this thread as I can.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

I thought you would like it

Yeah I'm sorry for all my posts but there was so much to cover I tried to cram it all here

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Great post!! I really kind of missed it and only major news media shows from Davos is our president vs Turkish prime minister fight but they both are light weight and it lasted only one round anyway. So it real main part of the show.
As for global outcome - i think that it is both important because we simple people are getting tiny bits of info of what sides want and it is not important since real decisions will be made behind closed doors.

US was not represented by its top guns as was noted, and it shows that it is not the real thing.Only warm up to real hidden mutual international agreements and back-stabbings, if you may.

All in all - i do not see Russia gaining from this crisis , diplomatically or economically. It might loose less then the West, but it has little to begin with.
China - yes, it is interesting. China will be also hit but majority of its population will probably not feel any difference so as far as regime goes they will be safer then the Western countries. In my opinion. So China might loose less then all the others, and since everyone will loose, world can really become bipolar again - for good and bad.
How supposedly Chinese curse goes - May we live in interesting times? Well, times get more and more interesting. Which is discouraging.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

yeah things are interesting to say the least but at least it's not boring

I wonder what will happen when they really do get together and plan disaster II?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join