It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fight for Global Dominance begins

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen

In this corner we have the challengers:

The People's Republic of China

Weighing in with just over 1.3 billion people (1,330,044,605 as of mid-2008), China is one of the world's largest and most populous country. The economy of the People's Republic of China is the second largest in the world after that of the United States with a GDP of $7.1 trillion(2007) when measured on a purchasing power parity (PPP) basis.

Russian Federation

Weighing in with just over 145 million (145,166,731 2002 Russian Census) As of April 2008, the International Monetary Fund estimates that Russia's gross domestic product (nominal) will grow from its 2007 value of $1,289,582 million to $3,462,998 million by 2013, a 168% increase. Its GDP PPP is estimated to grow from $2,087,815 to $3,330,623 in the same time, which would make it the second largest economy in Europe in terms of purchasing power.

And in this corner we have the defending Champions:

The United States of America

Weighing in with just over 305 million people (305,715,377) A capitalist mixed economy, which is fueled by abundant natural resources, a well-developed infrastructure, and high productivity.[61] According to the International Monetary Fund, the U.S. GDP of $14.3 trillion constitutes 23% of the gross world product at market exchange rates and almost 21% of the gross world product at purchasing power parity (PPP).[4] The largest national GDP in the world.

The European Union

Weighing in with just over 500 million people The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union of 27 member states, located primarily in Europe. It was established by the Treaty of Maastricht on 1 November 1993[5] upon the foundations of the pre-existing European Economic Community. With almost 500 million citizens, the EU combined generates an estimated 30% share (US$16.8 trillion in 2007) of the world's nominal gross world product.[6]

Lets get ready to rumble.

Chinese Premier Blasts Protectionism, Inefficient Financial System in Davos

Will China Slow To 0% Growth?

I like how He mentions a New World Order. But if this pans out he'll have to wait a bit.

Vladimir Putin In Davos Crisis Is A Perfect Storm

Trade war?

Round one begins with a blistering left and right combo from the challengers, Stuns the champions for but a brief moment.

Davos Annual Meeting 2009 - The New US Agenda

Special Session: The New US Agenda The US election captured the attention of the world. With new leadership in both the White House and Congress, what are the priorities for the United States in 2009

Can the US get it's house in order in time?

President Obama reacted strongly to a report citing 2008's Wall Street bonuses were the sixth-highest ever following taxpayer bailouts of failing banking institutions

The fighters Square off once again Stay tuned for round 2

Ron Paul Can you say NWO?

I'll take the red pill what about you?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow

No replies?
Now that is a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
thanks mystery person for the S/F

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow!

WONDERFUL THREAD!

Those vids just took some time to watch!

I confess I skipped over the media analysis and stuck with the Major Hitters here - but for the first time in a long time I feel strangely optimistic.

Thank you for presenting these videos.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Well I found them educational and an eye opener
I hope others will see how things are headed

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Your the man this post is awesome love this stuff.

One of the best series on PBS Battle for the economic high ground. I look forward to keeping in tune with this thread.

My thinking is that the world will either create a NWO peacefully out of this crisis or it will do so after a large scale third world war happens, my hope is for the prior.

I really think that creating a NWO or One world government will greatly advance the human cause and help bring us a huge step towards achieving a type 1 civilization status

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
On paper with rulers displaying the Wisdom of Soloman yes it could be a cool thing.
With the bunch of clowns in charge who want control and dominance NWO is not utopia its painted out to be.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Good thread SLAYER69.

More people should be paying attention to Davos. The WEF is THE public meeting place of the Bilderbergers et al. This is the one real conference every year where the people whom we suspect are the real leaders of this world get together in a public(of sorts) setting. The discussions are always of particular interest. The press releases from this meeting give the blue print of a sort of what they have in store for the coming years.

One video that was of particular interest is this one.

Rising to the challenge of Copenhagen., the discussion about what is upcoming at the end of the year at the next major global climate conference. In the moderators own word's...

To advance the Kyoto agenda to the next stage.

The consensus from that panel, from the people who will be there deciding policy, is a price on carbon.

I.e. a Global Carbon Tax.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

My thinking is that the world will either create a NWO peacefully out of this crisis or it will do so after a large scale third world war happens, my hope is for the prior.

I really think that creating a NWO or One world government will greatly advance the human cause and help bring us a huge step towards achieving a type 1 civilization status

there is no way of telling at this point how this will play out stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
On paper with rulers displaying the Wisdom of Soloman yes it could be a cool thing.
With the bunch of clowns in charge who want control and dominance NWO is not utopia its painted out to be.

I just like watching the powers that be try to make since of all this.

You know the only real power they have is what we the people give them right?

[edit on 31-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Round 2

The defending Champions bring out a ringer.

World Economic Forum A Conversation with Bill Clinton

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
China seems to be on the ropes

Crisis 'has hit China's economy'
Source

The global financial crisis has had "a rather big impact" on China's economy, the country's Premier Wen Jiabao said in a major World Economic Forum speech.

Speaking in Davos in Switzerland, he said the crisis had placed the world economy in the most difficult situation since the Great Depression.

In China, he said, there was rising unemployment in rural areas and "downward pressure on economic growth".

But he added that China's economy was in good shape "on the whole".

It seems they may also be loosing influence on their communist cousins
N. Korea ups ante in standoff with S. Korea

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Friday it has nullified all political and military agreements with South Korea, an extreme move that could raise tensions between the neighbors and lead to a military clash, South Korean state-run media reported.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Possible chink in the Russian stance in stand off

U.S. can't confirm report on Russia easing missile stance

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States cannot confirm a media report that Russia will not follow through on its threat to deploy missiles near Poland in response to a U.S. plan to place a missile defense system in the eastern European country, a state department spokesman said Wednesday.

"If it is true it's a positive step," spokesman Robert Wood said at a news briefing.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

But the defending Champion is showing some fatigue
The EU may have taken some hits this week.

France Huge crowds join French strikes

Huge crowds have taken to the streets in France to protest over the handling of the economic crisis, causing disruption to rail and air services.

Riots break out.

The UK Action urged over energy strikes

The government is coming under increasing pressure to intervene in the growing industrial unrest over imported labour affecting oil and energy plants.

Hundreds of UK workers have gone on "sympathy strikes" to support a walkout by energy workers in Lincolnshire angry at the use of foreign workers.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Brother you are doing an awesome job hosting this thread and announcing for it, know that there are people who are very much appreciative and loving every new post.

In regards to China, having business ties there I can tell you that they are having huge problems with unemployment. They have had to put their plans for shutting down certain polluting factories on hold, so as not to exasperate the unemployment problem.

China's economy is to heavily reliant on manufacturing it needs to develop its service and knowledge sectors more. I personally think that the best thing they can do, is to use the huge reserves of cash the govt has, for environmental cleanup activities and to retrofit the heavily polluting factories so they aren't as much.

Just like the US wants to spend MONEY it DOES NOT HAVE on infrastructure, so to should China spend money it does have on its infrastructure and enviro cleanup.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Brother you are doing an awesome job hosting this thread and announcing for it, know that there are people who are very much appreciative and loving every new post.

In regards to China, having business ties there I can tell you that they are having huge problems with unemployment. They have had to put their plans for shutting down certain polluting factories on hold, so as not to exasperate the unemployment problem.

China's economy is to heavily reliant on manufacturing it needs to develop its service and knowledge sectors more. I personally think that the best thing they can do, is to use the huge reserves of cash the govt has, for environmental cleanup activities and to retrofit the heavily polluting factories so they aren't as much.

Just like the US wants to spend MONEY it DOES NOT HAVE on infrastructure, so to should China spend money it does have on its infrastructure and enviro cleanup.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

I know its considered bad form to quote an entire post and right underneath but there is so much of what you said that is right on the money.

They will have to move huge amounts of people back to the rural areas unless they can turn their millions and millions of people into American type of consumers.

The way the model worked where they would buy our dept then we would turn around and buy their products and keep their people working/fed/clothed/sheltered.. all of that done by providing them a paycheck worked and will work again if Obama and his band of untouchables can get our banking system and the fed and big business inline.

They will have to work on their infrastructure to accomplish a lot of turning the rural areas into large consumer areas there will be lots of money to be made by foreign investors if you know where to look.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Good thread SLAYER69.

Rising to the challenge of Copenhagen., the discussion about what is upcoming at the end of the year at the next major global climate conference. In the moderators own word's...

To advance the Kyoto agenda to the next stage.

The consensus from that panel, from the people who will be there deciding policy, is a price on carbon.

I.e. a Global Carbon Tax.

Thanks for providing that link and snippet.
I'm trying to play catch up with the whole carbon tax thingy. I'll be doing some more reading and most likely will be posting on the subject later thanks again.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

In a stunning move the Defending champions pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Iran: Ready to work with Obama

DAVOS, Switzerland (CNN) -- Tehran stood ready to work with U.S. President Barack Obama to establish better relations with Washington, Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told a CNN-hosted panel at the World Economic Forum.

And

"The U.S. needs to change because the world has changed drastically. Therefore a new framework should be realistic. President Obama has courage and he must tell us which aspects of the Bush administration he is against."

In an earlier session at the five-day meeting of political and business leaders, Mottaki said that the U.S. would find "a creative and cooperative reaction, including from Iran" if it changed its policies in the Middle East.

Mottaki was speaking alongside Kenyan President Raila Odinga, senior ministers from France, Iraq and Afghanistan and Nobel peace laureate and nuclear weapons inspector Mohamed ElBaradei at a session hosted by CNN's Christiane Amanpour.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So where do we stand?
I think it will take people a while to figure out what is happening and time to digest all of the changes here in the States and abroad.

So it apears things will be tight for the next 12 to 16 months but I'm looking forward to the outcome if it infact pans out the way I think most hope it will.

say tuned and check back often I'll post any major events

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And I thought I'd be watching an old video and munching popcorn tonight!
No way!
Thanks for the great thread - now I'm back to go through it bit by bit - it looks juicier than a good novel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join