It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two suns in Devon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Would like your thoughts on this, the person who has posted it on youtube is not the guy who filmed it, so im told.

The only reason i have an interest is because i have a family member in the same area who also saw 'two suns' in the sky.

Could it possibly be the moon?

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Merkabah]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I can explain it.

Glass window.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
But i have filmed the sun through a glass window and not gotten the same effect... plus wouldnt there be a stretching of light effect through a window?

Im all for debunking it, but i dont feel thats a result just from filming through a window..

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

Reflection within a double glazed window.

Not to mention the fact that everyone on the planet might have noticed.

[edit on 1/30/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
At sunset you can get some very unusual things happen to the sun its called Atmospheric refraction it is the deviation of light from a straight line as it passes through the atmosphere due to the variation in air density as a function of altitude. Atmospheric refraction near the ground produces mirages and can make distant objects appear to shimmer or ripple. In this instance it had a similar effect as a desert mirage where it can seem like there is 2 objects in the distance I have seen this one in Iraq there were 2 cities.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't think this image was the result of a glass window, because both Suns' were different colours. It reminds me of the ending of "2010: The Year we made contact"

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You really think that everyone on the planet managed to miss an extra star in our solar system?

Really? Really now. Come on. Everyone MISSED seeing a GIGANTIC NUCLEAR BALL OF FIRE, that happens to be really close.

Really....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Of course i dont, the only reason why im interested in the video, is because a family member of mine had said he had seen the same thing, he also said it wasnt there long, like the guy in the video stated... so i am simply looking for an explanation for it...

Im still not on board with it being a reflection though..

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkabah
reply to post by Aeons

Of course i dont, the only reason why im interested in the video, is because a family member of mine had said he had seen the same thing, he also said it wasnt there long, like the guy in the video stated... so i am simply looking for an explanation for it...

Im still not on board with it being a reflection though..

Ive tried to explain it once all ready but i will attempt again.

The four basic properties of light are reflection, refraction, diffraction, and interference. The law of reflection states that when light rays are reflected, they always bounce off the reflecting surface at the same angle (the angle of reflection) at which they meet that surface (the angle of incidence). Internal reflection occurs when light that is traveling through a transparent material, such as water, reaches the opposite surface and reflects back into the transparent material. Internal reflection is an important factor in the formation of optical phenomena, such as rainbows. Refraction is the bending of light due to a change in velocity as it passes obliquely from one transparent medium to another. Furthermore, light will also gradually bend as it traverses a material of varying density. The bending of light by refraction is responsible for such common optical illusions as the apparent displacement of the position of the stars, Moon, and Sun. In this particular incident i would say there was an inversion layer in the atmosphere causing light rays to bend giving you the second image of the sun. Its rare but there is incidences of this happening in history. Strangest one is where the sun will actually set then rise again.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Merkabah

Reflection within a double glazed window.

Not to mention the fact that everyone on the planet might have noticed.

[edit on 1/30/2009 by Phage]

I took a picture several months ago that looks very much like this one execpt the suns where further apart and more level.

My picture was taken outside and not near any glass or other refractive material.

I thought at the time that it was probably a reflection bouncing off the clouds or something.

I don't know enough about this stuff to make a definitive call on why it happened but it was a neat picture. If I can find it I will post it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Looks like a reflection from window, the clouds replicate as well.

Other explanation:

Sun Dogs

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You really think that everyone on the planet managed to miss an extra star in our solar system?

Really? Really now. Come on. Everyone MISSED seeing a GIGANTIC NUCLEAR BALL OF FIRE, that happens to be really close.

Really....

You act like the majority of the people actually pay attention to what is going on up in the sky.I assure you, sir or mam, they do not. Hell, most people aren't even very lucid in regards to what is occurring right in front of them.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
For many such reports, you really only need one thing. You don't need logic, proof, or anything else.

You just need common sense.

If more people employed this mystical ability, there would be less silly stuff like this floating around.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If they're really was 2 suns that close together, don't you think the earth would be striken with an intense heatwave?

Im sure it'd be all over CNN, this is so fake...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
If they're really was 2 suns that close together, don't you think the earth would be striken with an intense heatwave?

Im sure it'd be all over CNN, this is so fake...

I don't think the OP is saying that it "was" two suns just that it "looked" like two suns.

I have seen this phenomena and my first thought was that it had to be a reflection but a reflection from what.

There have been reports of stealth aircraft belonging to our country and to others and from other places. I thought that maybe the one I saw was a reflection from a cloud.

Could it be a reflection from a stealth aircraft? Who knows but it is still a neat thing to see.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Of course, there is also the question of where did the second sun go, and how did it get here in the first place?

A second sun in our solar system is impossible. The only possibility would be Jupiter, and even that has been scientifically proven to be too small to become a star.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by bronco73]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I myself had see the red sun, way back in 1988. About around November or December. It was late in the afternoon,and a clear day,and the red sun was mostly by itself. At first I thought it was our sun. I stare at it. Wondering, why I'm was able look at it? So I look around to find the sun itself. It was far to the right at ground level. The red sun was high in the sky at that time. That wasn't the first time I had seen the red sun. It always is in the late afternoon. Sometimes it is clouding, and sometime it is not.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock

Well, that could explain what it's like here at the moment!

But that effect is double glass.

new topics

top topics

join