It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Account Emails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I recently changed my account email but am still recieving emails to the original address.
I made the change through the MemberCentre "Change Account Email" option. I have checked and it is showing the current email as the new one I want.
Is there something else I need to do or anyone I need to notify?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think I remember reading that the ATS newsletter email addresses are actually stored on a completely separate server from the ATS member information. So you probably will need to unsubscribe your old address (I think there's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every newsletter) and then subscribe again with the new one if you want to keep receiving it.

Here's a link to the page about the E-mail newsletter: link

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Thanks Dingbat!
That explains alot. One thing that concerns me on this is what email does the password reminder go to?
If for example I had cancelled this email can I still get the prompt? How does that work? I have never had to do it, but you never know...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I think that if you forget the password and have deleted the email address from your MemCenter, you're out of luck and have to start a new ATS membership with a new name and a new password.

I remember SkepticOverlord explaining it once when someone asked about personal information held on ATS' servers – he said that although you need an email account to register, if you subsequently erase it they will have no record of it on the ATS servers.

But that the email newsletter servers were separate, and to wipe your email address off those you had to unsubscribe from the newsletter.

new topics

top topics

join