It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a moral force guiding the Law of Attraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Because I've wanted only 1 thing for about 2 years now. I've focused on it with all my being, I've believed that it is possible (because I know it is is) and everything else that is needed for the Law of Attraction to work.

And yet, I'm still alive. Honestly, I don't mean for this to be a sympathy-fest, but really - if the Law of Attraction actually worked with no kind of arbitration, then I would be dead. So is there a greater moral force that decides what request will be fulfilled and what won't?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't think that there is a human moral force that guides the Law of Attraction – that is, I don't think that any of our specific rules about what is "good" and what is "bad" have anything to do with it.

I do think that sometimes even when we're truly suicidal, some part of ourselves still wants to live. At least, that's the only way I can explain that I'm still alive after the years that I spent wishing I weren't.

I don't really have an answer to your question – I'm going to have to spend some time trying to figure out what feels right. I believe the LoA can be used to heal our bodies; do I think it can be used to kill them? I don't know.

Please feel free to u2u me also if you want to talk with someone who's been there and isn't any more.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ok, the way I see it is, if you want something in life, you go out and get it. You don't sit at home wishing for things to happen or waiting for things to come to you. It just doesn't happen that way.

How about concentrating on making your life better and then going out and actually doing it. We tend to get more returns in life from acting positively than negatively.

You should try it!

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Ok, the way I see it is, if you want something in life, you go out and get it. You don't sit at home wishing for things to happen or waiting for things to come to you. It just doesn't happen that way.

How about concentrating on making your life better and then going out and actually doing it. We tend to get more returns in life from acting positively than negatively.

You should try it!

IRM

While I appreciate your sentiments, and honestly I do, I tried that for a couple of years and all I got in return was a hint of what might be, but never any actual results.

In all honesty, I've posted this thread while drunk and probably shouldn't have even hit 'Post Thread'. Since I have, though, I'll be interested to see what the results are.

I really did focus on nothing else than finding a partner for no less than 3 years. All I got was an experience that brought me to the threshold of finding a partner before everything turned to crap.

The result is that I believe that there must be some kind of moral force guiding the Law of Attraction. Because I gave up on hope years ago, and have been hoping for death for literally years. If the Law of Attraction worked without any kind of moral guidance then I would be dead.

PS - I'm still drunk. I'm an idiot and shouldn't be posting. Definitely shouldn't be driving...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Did you consider that your internal 'mind talk' may have been working against you when looking for a partner. i.e. You may have been actively looking for one but deep down inside, some part of you never really thought it would happen.

One of the biggest attractants to the opposite sex is confidence (not cockiness) and the opposite sex does seem to pick up on any chinks in that armor.

When you're out at a night club or whatever, and feeling good/positive about yourself, your life and so on, it does tend to draw people towards you. They all want a part of what you have, hence the saying, "I want whatever it is that he's drinking". lol!

People want 'in' on good karma etc. It's easy for our subconscious to betray us if we have underlying issues we haven't resolved.

Good Luck!!!

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I know thats happened to me before. I wanted a car, and then I got it for free. Then I wanted a new car a couple years down the road but never got it because I knew that I didnt need it.

As far as a moral force, I believe there is one. If you are a giving person you tend to recieve without even asking sometimes which can fall under the karma catagory but the strength of LoA can be increased if you are 'deserving'. Kinda like a wish you have to work for, but then again it could just be my perception on things...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Kinda frustrating, because I honestly feel that I am deserving. I grew up Christian, and servitude has been one thing I have kept from my upbringing despite having rejected the faith as a whole. I always try to give to others and serve others and I truly feel I should've built up quite a reserve of karma in this way. Not that I did it to build up karma or anything of the sort, I did it because I felt it was the right thing to do and because it was what I would want others to do in the same situation.

And yet, here I am. I've always known that confidence is my biggest problem, and unfortunately I do think it is the biggest factor when it comes to spiritual attraction between two people. I think perhaps when I was Christian I was more confident because I was cocooned in that world and I fit into it. When my beliefs drifted from those of Christianity, I found myself outside of their world.

Unfortunately, I don't quite seem to fit in this world either. Try to spark up a conversation in a nightclub about UFOlogy or cryptozoology or even metaphysics and philosophical psychology. At best you'll get a blank look, at worst a mocking laugh. If you don't watch Idol and/or follow a sports team then you're going to struggle.

I guess I just haven't found the 'world' that I fit into yet. Part of the problem is that the internet offers so many 'worlds' that don't really give the full social experience that life should be about. It's easy to find a world on here that you fit in to, it's much harder to get everything you need for a fulfilling life out of such a world.

I'm rambling now. Thank you for taking the time to reply, your thoughts are appreciated.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

Unfortunately, I don't quite seem to fit in this world either. Try to spark up a conversation in a nightclub about UFOlogy or cryptozoology or even metaphysics and philosophical psychology. At best you'll get a blank look, at worst a mocking laugh. If you don't watch Idol and/or follow a sports team then you're going to struggle.

Night clubs aren't known for their big thinkers. Don't take it to heart man! You will find the right crowd... you just have to find the right places where similarly minded people or similar interests go.

My mate just found a beautiful girl by going to dance classes. Give it a try! Worked a charm for him

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well, that Law of attraction works when you already act like having what you want. In the case of death that's a little hard i guess. Maybe buy a coffin and sleep in it every night, have people over for coffee and cake for the ambiance. I really don't know. When you really want something the universe only says 'ok, you want it'.

And there are sources that say that when you are still alive you did not do what you came here for. So instead of trying to die without killing yourself try to look for that thing you missed and look for something (anything!) that makes you happy. You already foregone the fear of dying so just have fun.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Harman]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
First off, if you didnt want to live you would not be here. So I doubt thats your goal.

Secondly, wanting = lacking and is the opposite of having/creating/attracting.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
theStev...

I'm not going to go over all that "think postitive, not negative stuff..." cos I know you know all of that. Sometimes it's just about accepting that we are different, and creating the space that nourishes us, including the people who will be good for us. It's ok to be wildy different from the norm, whatever in any universe that is, and the only true struggle surfaces when we try to fit a way of life that isn't true for us.

My new mantra? This is my chance to show how strange I really am....! (And it does work...). Won't bore you with the details, but u2u me if you want to blether.

If the Universe hasn't delivered up your dose of mortality on cue as you desired, then there is clearly a whole other plan that it would like you to have a look at first, and see what you can do with it . Take the hint, darlin!

Cait

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Confidence is the biggest issue, but there are plenty of people who portray a fake confidence which can be worse then none. These people tend to be very cocky and a majority can see right through it. But like what Caitlen said works. If you surround yourself with that space that you feel comfortable in your confidence will take a huge boost but step out of that and into a night club then you may look like you dont belong and people will take notice.

Emphasize on things you know you already have. Things you feel confident about. Go star bucks and talk philosophy with someone, for example.

Unfortuntatly sports is my suggestion, but dance class works very well too. Friend got engaged to a girl he met at a dance class.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
I really did focus on nothing else than finding a partner for no less than 3 years. All I got was an experience that brought me to the threshold of finding a partner before everything turned to crap.

The result is that I believe that there must be some kind of moral force guiding the Law of Attraction. Because I gave up on hope years ago, and have been hoping for death for literally years. If the Law of Attraction worked without any kind of moral guidance then I would be dead.

If you look at what you wrote...

I really did focus on nothing else than finding a partner [i.e. not having]

All I got was: an experience that brought me to the threshold of finding a partner

and

I gave up on hope years ago [but despite that I] have been hoping for death for literally years.

...it seems like you got exactly what you focused on and believed. You focused on finding rather than having a partner, and you apparently got exactly that: a never ending search for a partner, but no actual partner. And what you really want is to be loved, not death. If you truly wanted death, you would be either be dead or under psychiatric supervision because you would have done something more than hoping for death since you had given up on hope.

And no, I don't think there's a moral force guiding the law of attraction. If there was, it wouldn't be a "law" (which I think is a dubious distinction anyway) - is there a moral force guiding the law of gravity? No. Nor would there be so many seemingly selfish jerks out there who get exactly what they want if there was some kind of guiding moral force. No, whatever "force" or "energy" powers attraction is neutral and has more to do with certainty of belief and attention. It's just that most people have all sorts of twisted and often contradictory beliefs about so many things - especially love, money, life & death - that they think they're creating one thing but in reality their subconscious beliefs and their focus is on something else, and it's this "something else" that manifests.

join