It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***Babylon 1932 & UFO's***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I'd like to contribute my first posting on ATS and that is a rather old picture taken in Iraq, 1932 at the Babylon ruins. I'm sure many of your members will find it as interesting to them as it is to me.
My interest was sparked off when I zoomed into the photo for a closer inspection of the ruins ( I have this habit of looking for the details sometimes), when I realised that one could clearly see another object in the top right hand corner towards the center. The object to me appears to be some sort of first generation type of flying craft, which is fascinating to think about! Did we have such technology ourselves to come up with flying saucers in 1932 and if so what on earth would they be doing hovering over Babylon!
I now wonder, what is so special about Babylon- not the ruins for sure, but maybe it's what lies beneath the ruins of this truly astounding place? The picture does not have any restrictions on usage so here are the actual details taken from the web site and the photo link.
The photo comes in the original form only.
Interestingly there are other anomalies in many other pictures taken by the same photographers especially the shots of the Basalt Lion of Babylon.
All were taken in 1932.

community.webshots.com...

PHOTO IS PART OF: G. Eric and Edith Matson Photograph CollectionREPOSITORY: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington , D.C. 20540 USA
Taken between Sept. 26 and Oct. 12, 19 32

Best regards,

Gabbas

Kingdom of Bahrain - Land of the Living

[edit on 29-1-2009 by gabbas]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Your image link doesn't work

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /763/6/5/46/2018605460104296618fobglt_fs.jpg on this server.

[edit on 29/1/09 by vonspurter]

MODS - PLEASE DELETE - NO LONGER VALID

[edit on 29/1/09 by vonspurter]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i can't view the image, it says...

You don't have permission to access /763/6/5/46/2018605460104296618fobglt_fs.jpg on this server.

this does however fit in with the theories of UFO's and E.T in the bible, mabey their just coming for a bit of a check up?

EDIT: oops you beat me to it, vonspurter

[edit on 29-1-2009 by iced_blue]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The image is at the following link

image63.webshots.com...

He is indicating a cigar like white shape that is inclined at almost 45 deg ....can be anything. there is nothing that distinguishes it to be a flying craft or a areoplane or anything. might be a tent flying in the air. or a white bed sheet....oooh..a cigar shaped flying bed sheet ghost..

[edit on 29/1/09 by coredrill]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well if it's not a speck of dirt or a bug on the camera lens then it's surely a UATCO - Unidentified About To Crash Object

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Oh yes.....can everyone see the "tent" flying in the air????
Is it a sheet? No it must be that cigar shaped flying bed sheet ghost from Babylon!! Sarcasm is truly the lowest form of wit, however I really do appreciate it. At the end of the day I'm only posting in a half hearted attempt to pump some life into this message board!
Just remember that when one gives any feedback, it's wise to avoid sarcasm or highly negative remarks...

Close up of UFO

"He is indicating a cigar like white shape that is inclined at almost 45 deg ....can be anything. there is nothing that distinguishes it to be a flying craft or a areoplane or anything. might be a tent flying in the air. or a white bed sheet....oooh..a cigar shaped flying bed sheet ghost.."

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gabbas

You posted a pic or attempted to post a pic. i looked up the link and viewed the pic (actually downloaded the pic and zoomed it).

You wanted an opinion. Everyone has an opinion..I gave my opinion.

I saw white object. It looked cigar shaped.
Now, something that goes flying around in a desert or a archaeological excavation site could be a loose tent.

There is nothing that distinguishes a white smudge in the photograph. It could be anything.

Dude, Sarcasm and Humor are two different things.

May be... you have a low sense of humor!

Or maybe you are worked up because it was your first post on this forum and you start getting "sarcasm"...sorry, its not sarcasm.

I am also a newbie in this forum , but not a newbie at forums..have been on many forums..been there done that.....!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This might read like the response of a blinkered disbeliever, it isn't intended to be. All I can see is a large beach umbrella/shade. To my eyes (I'm awfully tired) the upright pole support is just visible. My attempts to see anything different fail; it remains an umbrella.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
First generation flying craft? Why not 3rd generation frisbee?

new topics

top topics

join