It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disfocus? What are we fighting about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been fighting and speaking about what I think is right in politics for as long as I can remember.

But what are we fighting exactly? Along the disinformation trail I now think that maybe we have been pushed issues of passion in order for our anger or outrage to have specific places to go.

- Racial issues
- Abortion
- Taxation

to name a few.

Is it that we are to focus on the minor problems of specifics while the main problem goes unchecked?

I'm not even sure what the main problem is (and don't say Bush unless you are a dolt). There is something bigger going on.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Whats the fight ever about?

Who gets to live their life in their vision of comfort.
99% of the electorate use their vote for their own personal gain.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i guess just the government having control. People want to be free.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"Is it that we are to focus on the minor problems of specifics while the main problem goes unchecked?"

In a word Jethro, yes. Those in power, not the gov.t, they are put there by the real ones in power, big corp. etc, that use the media to get us to continually bicker and argue about trivial things so that they can maintain power. Do you think that they concern themselves with things like race, sex, etc.?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
But it seems to be intensifying, and I am wondering if maybe Bush is nothing more than a button pusher to piss people off.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hey KJ, abortion is an excellent example.

You are either for or against it. (pro choice, anti abortion)

And you have two parties that will make it the talk of the town,..

Basically just using the topic to pull the voter back and forth between two parties, two parties that know the voter has other issues to discuss with them if they let him bring his own issues to the table. (which they wont)

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
But what are we fighting exactly? Along the disinformation trail I now think that maybe we have been pushed issues of passion in order for our anger or outrage to have specific places to go.

Is it that we are to focus on the minor problems of specifics while the main problem goes unchecked?

I'm not even sure what the main problem is (and don't say Bush unless you are a dolt). There is something bigger going on.

Interesting question. You know, the average person on the street has little or no knowledge of the state of events in their own city or state, much less the nation or the world. Their main focus is their extended families and their jobs. I'm not knocking them, I'm just making an observation.

But take ATS. Forget politics. You realize that people here are more aware of historical and current events than probably 80% of the populace. And there are other forums out there with participants similar to those in ATS.

Now, interpretations of events, and proposed solutions to problems are bound to clash among such groups. That's OK.

If we accept your premise, KJ, there is a whole lot of energy and resources being expended to keep a very small portion of the populace in check. Keep them busy so they don't unveil...what?

As I said, interesting question.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's called political warfare.

We are taught that class matters, hence why we have class warfare.

This a perfect example of politicians using social issues to further their agendas so that they can control.

They need people to be angry at eachother so that the angry people have a leader to turn to ...

When we should really be angry at the politicians for running such a well put together mirage.

People will never get to the point where they lash out at politicians it's been beat into our brains enough where we're now conidioned to lash out at the opposite party, and that politician has nothing to gain but lot's of money and power.

All we have to gain is an ulcer or a heart attack from the stress.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think everyone is fighting for control. Control, and to show that they are the "right one" and better than everyone else.

A little immature, actually

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
I think everyone is fighting for control. Control, and to show that they are the "right one" and better than everyone else.

A little immature, actually

Yup, control the "stupid" people.... Both sides think the masses are stupid, and they are half right...
But for people like me and you.. We don't buy it...

That's why I despise both parties and want one that puts the power back to the people and decentralizes government.

But then you have the masses that believe they "need a leader" because they've been brainwashed to believe they need help or handouts.. Lots of programs, and the need to be babysat...

The comment about "fending for yourself" has gone out the millenium window...

the new motto is now " stick out your hand and we'll give you what you want as long as you vote for us"

new topics

top topics

join