It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Rules Genetically Engineered Milk (Most Dairy in US for 15 yrs)UNSAFE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
> Monsanto's Genetically Modified Milk Ruled Unsafe by the United Nations
>
> CHICAGO, Aug. 18, 1999 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The following
> was released today by Samuel S. Epstein, M.D., Professor of
> Environmental Medicine, University of Illinois School of Public
> Health, Chicago:

UN Rules Genetically Engineered Milk (Most Dairy in US for 15 yrs)UNSAFE

If this is Old News forgive me for Posting this but i feel its important to remind ourselves of the effects that genetically altered food can have on our survival as a Race.

No Milk

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This figures .....it doesnt surprise me at all ...the fda is a load of crap and have been running away from the truth...there controlled by big money like everything else

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Don't worry about the survival of the race, the rest of the world will be OK, as we don't use monstersantos milk

However if its personally concerning, then look to your society that promotes such dangerous goods for human cnsumption under the guise of "maximised profits".

You might want to look at the rest of your food as well, GE goods are creeping into everything...

Originally posted by Sapphire
If this is Old News forgive me for Posting this but i feel its important to remind ourselves of the effects that genetically altered food can have on our survival as a Race.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Sapphire]

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Some info on the company and the process they use in the production of the hormone:

The growth hormone is a normal product of a cow's pituitary gland. To synthesize it, a tiny fraction of cow DNA carrying the hormone coding is snipped out, inserted into a culture of e. coli bacteria DNA, and grown in vats. When injected into cows, the growth hormone stimulates milk production by 10 to 20 percent.

The dairy cow's metabolism is spurred -- about one-third more blood is pumped through the hearts of injected cows, and key organs, glands and the udders are enlarged.

The bovine growth hormone is thought to be used in about a quarter to one-third of this country's nine million dairy cows.

The only approved seller of the growth hormone is the controversial mega-giant chemical and biotech firm Monsanto.

Monsanto enjoyed about $300 million in annual sales of the growth hormone in recent years, but there is some evidence recipient cows are more susceptible to disease and experience negative side effects. The FDA's own mandatory warning labels, which Monsanto must insert with shipments, list almost two dozen potential bovine health problems associated with use: uterine disorders, cystic ovaries, decrease in calf birth weight, retained placentas, premature calving and, maybe the most serious, increased risk of mastitis, a serious inflammation of the udder.

Dairy farmers dread mastitis because it means milk with pus in it, lost revenue because dairies won't accept it, and expensive treatment with healing antibiotics, which leave a residue in the milk suspected by many health experts of causing health problems in humans.

www.niagarafallsreporter.com...

Using e. Coli in the production?
Pus in the milk?
eeww.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I will be eating my breakfast cereal dry from now on.

new topics

top topics

join