It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark Follows USA, England and France. Opens up their UFO archive.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Today the national television of Denmark reports that Danish Military Airforce opens up the UFO archive.

Link to news is in Danish

I will after i have done my daily deeds try to translate the article to english, also the reports which are released in PDF format are in Danish to. But if that still tease your interest the report can be found Here (warning 30mb file)

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here is the translation of the article to English.

Bell was a 04.30 early morning in the summer of 1982. Observers - a 15-year-old - was cycling on the road to his work as a summer holiday on a successor horticulture. Approximately 15 minutes later he spotted something very illuminating 50-60 meters inside the field.

He rose to the bike and went to the bright object, he wondered about the strange phenomenon. The subject is described as two deep plates placed on top of each other around. 2 meters high and 2 meters in diameter. There was no detail visible on the surface, apart from something that resembled a "member" of one side.

10-15 meters from the object the observer could see five figures. They saw human, but was not higher than 60 cm (!)., had big heads and chest and small hips and legs.

To start one of the observations in Denmark's past secret ufoarkiv, which today has been put online.

Danish security has nothing to do with ufoer
Thus, Denmark has followed the U.S., England and France, have already made public the archives of ufoobservationer.

One of those who have been closest to the previously confidential files of Thomas Pedersen, who is Captain in the Air Force. He has had the Danish ufoarkiv lying on his office for many years.

- We have decided to publish it because there is nothing secret in it as such. We have continually received requests from journalists who want to see this archive. And when we told them that they like, because there is nothing secret in it, then lose interest, he says in Go 'Morgen P3.

- Air Force has no interest in maintaining secrecy on ufoer. Our mission is to ensure that Danish security in peacetime. So we have no interest in investigating ufoer.

Snake Danish defense against gays ufoer
The archive from the Air Force is in no fewer than 329 pages and spans from 1978 to 2002. Since then, the association Skandinavisk UFO Information taken care of all reports of ufoer.

Most of the reports are due the Air Force has never been solved. But by observations that have been precise and detailed enough to investigate and clarify the ufoen typically shown to be either a military or civilian aircraft, a weather phenomenon, "Lamps of China", a bright planet or something else fairly natural.

Today, the Air Force only tasked to deliver pieces of the investigative work in the form of information about where and when, there have been military aircraft in Danish airspace

Captain Thomas Pedersen rejects, moreover, that defense has ever shot at a UFO:

- If you did, I would personally think it was one of the stupidest one could do. For if now we see a movie as Independence Day, they are of course highly sophisticated with their equipment. When we come to our small catapult against a superior unit - so I think it would be a defeat, he says with a grin.

article

Still a bit rough but best Google can do.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I was just about to post this

At the top of the Air Force form it says "Questionnaire for use by the military and civilian authorities in interrogations regarding observed "rockets", and the likes"

An interesting paragraph says: "Has anybody removed parts of the object? ... Crash site guarded by:"

I'll be providing translations of some of the most interesting files and post them in this thread the next couple of days

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Krollspell]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The danish air force is writing on they´re official website (Google translate):

Over the years is part Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO'er) been sighted over Denmark. Reports of these observations are now available on this page so that interested parties can get a glimpse of the observations made through time. The answer to the natural question of what it is that we have seen is in large part, has never been solved.

For observations that have been precise and detailed enough to investigate and clarify the "UFO'en" typically shown to be either a military or civilian aircraft, a weather phenomenon, "China lamps, a bright planet or something else quite naturally occurring .
Some reports, however, also witnessed more curious phenomena like. "The flying gople" that only after thorough investigation by the civil organi station Skandinavisk UFO Information, most likely turned out to be the result of a boiler that was blown over in a heat generation.

The historical-UFO sightings, which now can be downloaded from this page, is reported to the Air Force Tactical Command and also the very thorough investigation reports from Scandinavian UFO Information and some newspaper articles - including the story of then frozen toilet waste fell from the sky and gave rise entitled to wonder.

Today Skandinavisk UFO Information completely taken over the task to collect and investigate UFO-sightings, then the Air Force only provide pieces of the investigative work in the form of information about where and when, there have been military aircraft in Danish airspace.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by DanishATS]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Heh, I was going to post this too.

Quite uninteresting reports if you ask me.. Mostly just a few standard details, but no pictures or any juicy stuff..

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is good news. Hopefully this came as the result of the UK's and France's efforts and a sign of a "disclose inertia" thing going on. (disclose as in disclosure of documents, not Disclosure of aliens).

Let's hope it motivates other countries to follow suit.

It'd be great if our Danish members could translate some of these documents. Google translation is great, but I'm sure a lot is lost in (literal and robotic) translations.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I skimmed over some pages. While the questionaires make it quite structured, it seems like the persons in charge didn't care too much about the whole thing, most of them aren't filled out completely.
For the most part the answers are short and uninteresting, ie. no in-depth information etc. Fx:

Information that could give an idea about altitude: Above treetop height

I mean.... ???

Also they contain a great deal of "natural" sightings such as shooting stars, and misinterpreted objects.

The Danish army isn't that secretive and all that. We have an army of toy soldiers and doubtfully they have the time or man power rumaging around asking questions about something that someone might think is something.

I have never ever seen any military sealing of any area in relations to any sightings. If a meteor goes down here the first people to go look for it is hobby scientists and geologists x)

But yeah... cool that they did it. Maybe it will spawn some more countries to do the same.

[edit on 28/1/09 by flice]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good to see another country releasing ufo information.

I am a bit perplexed by your listing in the title of the USA having done so.

Have I missed something?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Aw man... I misclicked something and lost an entire translation of an account x(

I might get on it later.

Although the first part which contains the questionaires, the latter part has some quite interesting stories. The most in-depth ones are accounts from residents, police force and/or military personel stationed on Greenland in the 80s.
There are quite detailed accounts, and some even mentione having taken photos and put the negatives by the written report which was sent to command.

I suggest translators to look at pages at least beyond page 150. The ones I read was around 240 and onwards.

Some other enticing things are accounts that talk about sightings following earthquakes.
Other is a statement that says something about accounts being kept quite about since things that aren't supposed to be there often are referred to as "glitch in the radar". Goes on to say that radar sightings like these are as common as every 2 or 3 weeks.

[edit on 28/1/09 by flice]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
LOL, i made a thread about this too, but i was too slow..

its here, but closed.. so i'm not the only danish guy in here, or?

and can anyone email me the file? i cant open it with adobe reader 8..

[edit on 29-1-2009 by makkerskilap]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
makkerskilap your not the only dane in here you can be sure of that.

And as for the topic its nice to see denmark opening their archives. Lets hope more countries follow this wave of openmindedness.

Its quite a task to read all those documents, since most is hand written.. I wish there had been more photos though.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have translated a few:

12th of August, 1991 in Ordrup, Denmark

2:30 in the morning, two police officers from the Copenhagen Police Department spotted an object from their patrol car. The object appeared to be moving slowly to the east, about 75 - 150 meters above the ground. Blue, white and yellow light was emitted from the back of the object. The object passed the patrol car, and affected their radio communications system by tilting the display.

According to the report, the 500th and 602nd squadron was contacted, presumably to obtain radar confirmation, but "nothing out of the ordinary was observed".

7th of January, 1991 in Agernæs, Denmark.

A man saw a round and orange object with a constant, dimmed light. The object had no tail, and the man stated that it wasn't a comet nor a shooting star, as he'd previously seen both. The object appeared on the southern sky approximately 20 degrees above the horizon and moved from the west towards the east in 45 seconds, when it suddenly disappeared.

The investigator, a lieutenant of the danish air force, reported that the witness of the sighting had knowledge in astronomy, and that an
airplane could be sighted within the proximity of the object, ruling out a conventional airplane as the explanation for the sighting. There were 3 witnesses to the event.

21st of February, 1990

A elongated teardrop shaped UFO emitting a blue light was spotted 45 degrees above the horizon to the north. It was moving very quickly across
the sky, and disappeared at about 20 degrees above the horizon after 10 seconds. The witness was found reliable by the investigators.

March 1989 (some months before the Belgian UFO Wave - a connection?) in Viborg, Denmark

A triangular UFO emitting white / yellow and red light was observed flying in a low altitude. It was flying very quickly from the northeast to the southwest, and made a humming noise.

A couple of months later, another triangular craft was spotted in another area, again flying in low altitude, emitting black smoke.

5th of January 1981, Greenland.

A 56-year-old engineer spotted a square object in flames, appearing about 45 degrees above the horizon, near Thule Air Base.

The strange, square object flew towards the southeast and suddenly disappeared 30 degrees above the ground. The object was completely silent. The americans at the nearby military base confirmed the object on the radar at exactly the same time.

Many more to come...

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Krollspell]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder if governments are opening up their UFO's files or reportedly their UFO's files as a way to get people's mind off the economy and the governments' incompetence.

I just find it strange that suddenly they are all releasing their files or so it seems.

Just a curious thought.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
Good to see another country releasing ufo information.

I am a bit perplexed by your listing in the title of the USA having done so.

Have I missed something?

Im with you on this one mate, i dont recall the usa opening up there UFO files.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I totally agree with you! I think most countries are starting to disclose files to distract. On a lighter but serious note, I wish the others would get their butts down here and help us out! Just take all those who know and take them to their planet for a while.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
its all a lie nobodys goverments are going to release any true information about ufos who could trust a goverment that has kept secrets about ufo's for so many years i know i wouldnt

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thecsb

haha fedt.

as for my request is there anyone who can send me the file as i can't download
it myself? Adobe Reader says the file is broken... have no idea why.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Pretty softcore disclosures from all the governments so far. Not liking what they call releasing information on ufos. This is like a slap in the face to those waiting for the truth to be revealed, those who are experiencers in various programs, some involving ets, some black ops, some both, and who feel like mushrooms being kept in the dark and fed BS.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by makkerskilap
reply to post by thecsb

haha fedt.

as for my request is there anyone who can send me the file as i can't download
it myself? Adobe Reader says the file is broken... have no idea why.

There is a back up Here right click and save as...

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

takker

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join