It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury in your Food and the FDA knew all about it!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Mercury is known to be toxic in all of it's forms, yet the FDA has known for years that Mercury is present in many foods that we consume on a regular basis.
Mercury in our food. The Melamine of the US and what the FDA knew

What makes this news truly shocking is not just that the manufacturers of high fructose corn syrup would put consumers' health at risk, but that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) knew about the mercury in the syrup, and has been sitting on this information since 2005.

The FDA is charged with making sure our food supply is safe, yet for years they hid the fact that High Fructose Corn Syrup is often contaminated with Mercury. As often as 50%.

Many blame Mercury for Autism and several other health issues that seem to have mysterious origins.

Here, have a Pepsi and some Mercury, The choice of a new Generation.

[edit on 27/1/09 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I saw that this morning and sent it to eveyrone I know via email.

I suggest that everyone here do the same.

Know what really frosts my backside?
Those dang pro high-fructose corn syrup commercials. The ones where they make the people complaining about it look stupid.

Every time they come on tv, we all end up talking to the tv and answering the question 'no, what do they say about high fructose corn syrup' and when the person says 'it's the same as sugar and can be taken in moderation' .. we always add .. and it causes diabetes and weight gain and health issues ...

Those stupid commercials have us talking to the tv.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the post on this! I did a little digging (expecting it to be up lots of places) but really only found two mainstream sources with the same story:

MSN news

the Washington Post

OK, I probably shouldn't be surprised it's getting such light coverage...but dammit, I still am. Even NPR let me down on this one. (Though they did have a story only two weeks ago titled Weighing The Risks And Benefits Of Eating Fish.)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You know, it amazes me how you hear all of those studies talking about mercury content in fish (one of the healthiest foods on the planet) and nothing about the fact that the same stuff is in high fructose corn syrup.

That stuff is in EVERYTHING you consume, damned near. If I weren't such a level-headed American, I would almost assume that they are trying to kill us.

top topics

join