It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First President to skip Heroes Ball in 56Yrs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
As has been pointed out already, he did attend the Commander in Chief ball, where he and Michelle danced with service personnel as well as with each other and spoke with soldiers in Iraq.

Obama was on the Senate committee for veterans' affairs and has drafted legislation to improve services at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well as other legislation for veterans. He has always cared about veterans.

There were at least 100 balls that night and the Obamas just couldn't attend all of them. As you may remember, they had had kind of a long day

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Neo-cons are going to have a tough time trashing Obama if this is all they can come up with. The busiest president in history doesn't show up to a party...And this is news?

Common sense is not common it seems.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

Forgive me for being blunt, but you scare me dear.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
OK, I was just going to let the article speak for itself, but it seems that a lot of you either don't get it, or have been absolutley barinwashed by this man already.

Firstly, the the ball took place on the 20th of Janruary, well after all the other inaguration balls. So saying he had too many balls to go to, just does not cut it.

Secondly, this ball is to respect and honor our national heroes. Every president has attended this ball since it's inception. It is a sign of respect, and a thank you from our new commander. Missing it is not a "its no big deal" thing. It is an outright statement of disrespect. Attending the Commanders Ball is not the same thing.

He was able to attend all of the other balls, filled with the rich, and famous, but he could not take 5 minutes out of his 'busy' scedule to stop and say thank you to war heroes.

He could take the time to suck up to the arab world by doing his very first interview on an arab television station, but could not take the time to say thank you to home grown American heroes.

Maybe by the time the first one hundred days are up, some of you will begin to wake up out of this hypnotic stooper that he has you all under, and you will begin to say "why the heck did I vote for this guy?".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join