It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War By Next Thursday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My prediction is that after Powell presents the evidence of Iraqi connection with Al-Qeada, ect. to the UN Security Council, the next morning, Thursday (Feb 6) we'll all wake up and hear about American Warplanes bombing Iraqi compounds. That night the US President is supposed to address the nation, I feel it will be to tell us we are officially at war with Iraq. We can only wait and see....

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My vote is Feb 15th....

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree with around mid-Feb....since that would go with the closeout of my OPR.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I just realized, I'll be on a plane on the 16th for a business trip! Long, cross-country flight too, and a 4 segment flight. Oh well, hope everything runs on time... My bet is still for the 15th, but now I really hope I'm wrong, hehe...

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just hope they wait until March 1st.. I'm off to Jamaica on the 17th so I really don't want to deal with wartime airport security...
"please arrive at the airport two days early for security clearance"

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

"please arrive at the airport two days early for security clearance"

isn't that how early you're supposed to be there anyway?? if not it sure seems like it. remeber the days that you could walk into the airport 5 min before you were supposed to leave. will those days ever come back??? as much as i'd like it to i am afraid it won't. but that's the price you pay for being the big dog, everyone is out to get you.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
One way to ease security measures on the general public is to force the airlines to put bomb proof crates on the planes to carry luggage.

Studies have shown that these crates prevent an explosion escaping to the rest of the plane from inside the crate. Scanning luggage would still take place, but the bomb proof crate is the final stage of defense against a bomb in someone's luggage.

The airlines haven't used these crates because of cost to buy them and the time they add with getting luggage on/off airlines. Pretty much they're putting their $$$ above safety and convenience for the passengers.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have a feeling war will be sometime in Feburay.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
read carefully...

He said
two DAYS, hehe..

Standard time is two HOURS. In fact, I've had my seat taken away on an overbooked flight, because I got there an hour before, not two hours (damn LIMO!!!)

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This board is falling appart.

I might have said today, but Bush didn't use the State of the Union to offically announce his decision, even though he edged what his plans were. I will be leaving for South Asia on the 7th and be returning on the 22nd. Talk about bad timing to be traveling to the region.

I predict it will come, first off.
Sometime after the 22nd (after I get back)
I'd don't want to predict anytime before that as to head off jinxing it.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
And they were wrong, but I feel like its just around the corner.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Clarify terms: We've been running 100's of sorties including strikes between the 33rd & 36th P's in stark contradiction to 'just enforcing a no-fly zone', and we've had a running blockade.....*Psst, that is being at war*

Let's call it ground troop deployment, ok?

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Bout Time, yes we have been enforcing the No Fly Zone for years, bombing dozens of Iraqi SAM sites, but I wouldn't exactly consider that the beginning of the war. The beginning of the war will be when hundreds of American warplanes start bombing countless targets in and out of the NFZ in Iraq. Then the ground forces will move in shortly after. Lets not forget that the President will most likely announce it as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Clarify terms, that is to say what time frame has the 100's of sorties occured? Are you saying per week, month, what?
Regardless, I believe you are correct in saying that some preperation is being done with airstrikes, knocking out C&C and radar, but nothing as it will be shortly.
The fact that Hussein had no intentions of cooperating was not missed by anyone but the slowest of slow-witted.
But still, will there be war, or will Hussein flee to the sanctuary of some third world nation, taking with him millions of Iraqi bucks to live out his life in comfort, albeit without the throne?

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i think that there will be war within the month. but for a date like the rest of us i say valentine's day. the war of love. no i am crazy, but that's not the point

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Close to full moon in Feb.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This is gonna start sometime soon after 5th Feb when Mr Powell makes his announcement to everyone about what Iraq is really hiding

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
probably going to be the 23rd of febuary!

Everyone will have their orders by 3rd march!

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
either the 16th or the 23rd but we will be waking up a sunday morning hearing about how the war has started.

top topics

join