It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's unforgettable statement to Rabbi Lookstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Don't know where to put this, it's a couple days old now, but I can't find it here at ATS.

Obama to Rabbi Lookstein

If anybody would shoot rockets into my house while my daughters were sleeping, I would do anything in my power to make sure they wouldn't do it again.

Here is an article, and letter to collegues, and co-members of the RCA, from Rabbi Haskel Lookstein of the Rabbinical Council of America explaining his motives and reasoning for participating in the National Prayer Service at the National Cathedral - Obama's inauguration on Wednesday.

Chief Rabbi's being summoned by King and Queen

Garments of gentiles and Torah prohibition

Tzitz Eliezer

Interesting letter for sure, I thought I would post it here in hopes that it's useful to someone. It was for me I think, but for reasons I don't know. I will look into it when I have time though.

Your views are welcome.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Do you have a link.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oh... Yes I do. Sorry I didn't give it to you the first time.
Obama statements/letter from Rabbi

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think this may be the link you were trying to post Rabbi's Explanation Here
though there are many more covering the letter.

I think the Rabbi made a smart decision to attend. It's also very interesting that Obama reaffirmed his quote originally made in Sderot. Here is a full article on that visit in July 2008. Article Here

Some quotes from that speech....

"I don't think any country would find it acceptable to have missiles raining down on its citizens,"

"If someone was sending rockets on my house where my daughters were sleeping at night, I would do everything to stop it," added the US senator from Illinois, who spoke in front of book shelves filled with mangled Kassam rockets that had been fired into the area.

"And I encourage Israel to do the same."

Lets see what Obama says about Netanyahu's plan to expand Israeli settlements deeper into Palestinian territory if he is elected. There is no pull out plan. The new $2 Billion Rail system is planned to be built into existing Palestinian territory. Once that is built there will never be a withdraw from that territory.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
After being in the rabbinate for more than fifty years, I find it strange that they would criticize him in the first place. I would think he would know based on experience what would be wise or not. I am glad he pointed out the hypocrisy. It was an historic event and he saw the opportunity to represent his country.

Very interesting. Now it has me thinking what other motives besides interfaith cautious exist for not wanting this Rabbi to attend.

I notice what Obama said. Interesting but only time will tell how sincere he was about it.

Starred and Flagged

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Obama wouldn't need to do anything in his power to make sure it wouldn't happen again because he would be dead
. Anyway, thats all I had

Cheers!

top topics

join