It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA should remove RUSH LIMBAUGH from Armed Forces Radio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's an insult to our soldiers to have this draft-dodger preaching to
them. Esp since his deferment was for a silly thing like boils on his rear
end!!! HAHAHA

Nobody likes a hypocrite and that's what this pill-popping pig is. He's a
big warmonger now that he's old and can't fight, but when young, he ran
from the military.

Butt-Boils Limbaugh Butt-Boils Limbaugh Butt-Boils Limbaugh

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I love it when liberals rail against the 1st Amendment. Out of all the freedoms Americans enjoy, speech has got to be the one liberals hate most.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh great, here it comes.
Get ready for the Fairness Doctrine to be re-enacted.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the fairness
Doctine also.

My advice is when it is certain it is going down, try to find out which Satellite Radio service will sign Rush, and buy as much stock in it as you can!

$$$$$$$

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The only legitimate reason to remove him from armed forces radio would be for the sake of national security. If he is being a Toyko Rose. If he is causing our troops to hate their commander and chief and the effect is putting any of our troops in harms way because it divides the men and negatively impacts moral and the cause, then he should be charged with treason.
The first amendment does not protect all forms of speech. Damn, if there is at least one thing people should know about the 1st amendment is that.
I hate Rush as a former dittohead myself...but if he isn't causing dissent amongst the ranks then let him be. If he is, then dump him like networks dump people....must have an example don't I.....ok....thinking.....
......Bill Maher! He got the boot didn't he? (didn't want to use Lenny Bruce since that would be counter to my point)

(RR Conservative, I would be interested on your defending someone that would put our troops in harms way by having a negative impact on troop cohesion and moral.)

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Res Ipsa]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

I find it hard to bring myself to debate anyone who would close their post with something like this. You didn't provide any links or a coherent argument for that matter...what a complete waste of a post.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Seriously?

Edit to add: I agree with the above poster. Rush Limbaugh may be an ass....but this is just immature.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Once I realized he was doing comedy and he didn't take himself seriously then I could almost listen to him. On the other hand I prefer to think for myself so I haven't heard his voice in years.

mikell

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
The only legitimate reason to remove him from armed forces radio would be for the sake of national security. If he is being a Toyko Rose. If he is causing our troops to hate their commander and chief and the effect is putting any of our troops in harms way because it divides the men and negatively impacts moral and the cause, then he should be charged with treason.
The first amendment does not protect all forms of speech. Damn, if there is at least one thing people should know about the 1st amendment is that.

(RR Conservative, I would be interested on your defending someone that would put our troops in harms way by having a negative impact on troop cohesion and moral.)

You do know that the troops do get a daily dose of NPR? And there was no talk about treason or being a "Tokyo Rose" when they criticized President Bush. There is a thing known as a double standard.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

and liberals like Dingy Harry saying "the serge has failed" and all the other liberals putting down W. and the war attempting to undermine our efforts in the middle east are ok to you? there are tons of liberal politicians, talk show personalities and celebrities who have said far worse than Rush. just google code pink for a quick example. talk about a selective memory.

giving the government the power to silence a private citizen? that's just scary...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

There is a thing known as a double standard.

Isn't this the standard that almost all Democrats and Republicans live by?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

I find it hard to bring myself to debate anyone who would close their post with something like this. You didn't provide any links or a coherent argument for that matter...what a complete waste of a post.

Are you saying you don't now about this??? I didn't supply a link because it's common knowledge that Limbaugh got a deferment for "anal cysts".

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Once I realized he was doing comedy and he didn't take himself seriously then I could almost listen to him.
mikell

Limbaugh admits that. He's said for years that he's an entertainer not a journalist.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Look, I dissagree with most anything Rush Limbaugh says but,Im not willing to deface the first ammendment over it.

You failed to present yourself very well with that repeated "butt boil" thing.

If you want to talk about something as serious as impedding on anothers first ammendment right you might want to take a more mature approach next time.

The way you went about this only serves to make you look silly.

write a letter to Obama in the manner you wrote the OP, suggesting he impede on a US citizens first ammendment and watch how fast it gets thrown in the trash.

Your OP only makes you and other liberals (yes I tend to lean left) look bad.

If you expect to be taken seriously about this I suggest you dont stoop to such a low level next time.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Once I realized he was doing comedy and he didn't take himself seriously then I could almost listen to him.
mikell

Limbaugh admits that. He's said for years that he's an entertainer not a journalist.

there's nothing entertaining about a guy who acts like a child on the playground, whining, and name calling, and saying "i hope he fails" and when the president responds by saying people should not listen to him, he whines louder saying "see? he's afraid of me, he wants ME to fail. "
I miss the days when treason was dealt with quickly and swiftly.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
-

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Treason?? Really?!?

Treason n. - Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Can you please explain how Rush Limbaugh committed treason by disagreeing with and/or not liking the sitting President?

If you actually manage to provide a sufficient explanation for that, can you explain how the entire political left didn't also committ treason when they did the same thing to Bush every day for the last 8 years?

I'm flabbergasted by the way the word "treason" gets thrown around nowadays.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are you saying you don't now about this??? I didn't supply a link because it's common knowledge that Limbaugh got a deferment for "anal cysts".

You seem to have completely missed the point of my post and I'm not even slightly surprised.

First of all, it's really irrelevant, but it's not common knowledge that Mr. Limbaugh had "anal cysts". This is the first I've heard of it and frankly, it has nothing to do with my post.

The title of your thread relates to President Obama removing Rush Limbaugh from AFR. You didn't provide any links to regarding the issue at hand, so normally this would mean that the substance of the argument is an idea directly from you and is included in the post. However, your post doesn't contain anything useful either. That makes it a complete waste of tim for anybody that clicked on the thread.

Your offensive tagline just cemented the complete lack of any useful information in the post. It's childish and completely out of place in any mature conversation. Strangely enough, it fit right in with the rest of your post.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

over react much?
this is bts...chill out.
there is political debate on ats if you so choose.
i stated my opinion, on the subject of the thread.
and for the record, you answered your own question.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

over react much?
this is bts...chill out.
there is political debate on ats if you so choose.
i stated my opinion, on the subject of the thread.
and for the record, you answered your own question.

I don't think I overreacted. I asked you to explain your statement, which you didn't do. If it was meant as humor, a simple statement of such would suffice.

For the record, this post was originally on ATS and was moved here after my initial post for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

mikell

there's nothing entertaining about a guy who acts like a child on the playground, whining, and name calling, and saying "i hope he fails" and when the president responds by saying people should not listen to him, he whines louder saying "see? he's afraid of me, he wants ME to fail. "

Response to the above poster:

Do you really want to bring 'treason' into this? Read the article in the link below and watch Obama fall from grace!

This is our new President and your shouting about Rush!

Link(www.aim.org...)

I bet if you were to ask the men and women serving in the armed forces today, who is and always has been more of a support Rush or Obama? The overall majority will choose Rush hands down!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join