It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Afghanistan is Obama's war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ron Paul: Don't Expect a Real Change in Foreign Policy

Ron Paul is right again. We are going to escalate the "war on terror" in Afghanistan. Obama's foreign policy is not that much different than GB's other than the fact he wants to focus elsewhere.

We'll just ignore the fact that we are still broke as a country. People are losing their jobs all over the place, losing their homes, yet we are still financing a war that is most likely unwinnable.

We need to GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST AND EVERYWHERE ELSE!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Do you recommend we just get up and run or do we stabilize the mess we helped to create before we leave Dodge City?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I'm guessing you would rather have us stay there till the job is done judging by your response. So tell me, when do you think that will happen?

We seem to be unable to kill a "terrorist" without killing civilians along with them. We have lost thousands of lives ourselves.

Is this all worth the cost? It was a mess before we got there and it will be a mess when we leave regardless of the situation. With each attack we do it only backfires on us as even more begin to hate us. It's a cycle that won't end. We'll never get them all. How long have we been at it now? Do you see an end in sight? How many countries will we have to attack to kill terrorists? How many is it now?

We can't do this forever.

What would I do? Get out ASAP. How exactly? I'd make the order (if i could). Pull em out. If they hate us for what we are doing anyway then why stay there? We need to defend this country by "defending" not "attacking to defend."

And once more...WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. We can't continue to finance wars we can no longer afford nor all the crazy spending plans Congress and Obama keep coming up with.

Nothing changes...Democrats/Republicans...same story...same BS.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually David, I want them to stabilize the place ASAP(not talking years) and get our troops home for some R&R. Rest that they have danged well earned. I always thought that we should have never went in there in the first place. The US should have just got the CIA to do its thing. We are fighting a group not a country and chasing them all over the place is getting old. Instead let the CIA set traps and once they got them in the trap, they can get rid of them.

I support the troops 100% and really want them home where they belong.

I was just curious to see what your opinion would be.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I support the troops 100% and really want them home where they belong.

I do as well, but that is why i want them home. I don't want to see any American blood shed, nor do I want to see innocents die as well. It's not just Iraq/Afghanistan, i want them all home. We don't need to have troops all over the world. Let's take care of our own country and the people within. We should defend and build up our coasts and borders if we are to keep spending on this kind of thing. We are spread to thin.

IMO our country has lost it's way and it's going to take a very long time to get back on track, that is if our so called "leaders" would get their heads out of their butts and start doing things that make sense.

I do agree with you, we should have never went there in the first place, we just gotta get outta there.

Also, do you think it's even attainable, beating al queda?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Hell yea. However, not within the scenario we are using currently. Too many restrictions are in place on what can and can't be done.It has to be done secretly like in the good days. The CIA knows how to make problems disappear. Why the government chose not to let the CIA handle this problem is beyond me? Would have saved us bloodshed and money.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Afghanistan will never be "stabilized" unless Hamid Karzai's administration starts taking the same actions against the warlords and heroin producers that the Taliban used (ie: kill them).

Aside from that, Al Qaida will never be beaten inside Afghanistan because their base of operations isn't in Afghanistan. They're headquartered in Pakistan and outside of striking up a war with the Pakis (and their nukes, thus drawing in India as well) we will never eliminate them. In my opinion, if the day ever arrives when we start actively hunting Al Qaida inside Pakistan's borders, we will be watching the beginning of a certain world war. Personally, I don't think Afghanistan is worth giving India and Pakistan an excuse to test their nuclear ordinance on each other, but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I know that this will be off topic and I love RP but he's looking a bit rough. Almost like he suffered from a stroke. The left side(our right looking at the vid) of his face looks droopy. I hope that's not the case. We need this guy for at least another 4 years being the watch dog that he is.

Anyways, yea I think it's safe to say that for the most part, foreign policy will virtually stay the same. There may be shuffling around of the troops but nothing drastic. Not until we get ready for pakistan at least.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Hell yea. However, not within the scenario we are using currently. Too many restrictions are in place on what can and can't be done.It has to be done secretly like in the good days. The CIA knows how to make problems disappear. Why the government chose not to let the CIA handle this problem is beyond me? Would have saved us bloodshed and money.

Yes, it would have saved us money but there lies the problem. Nothing is ever intended to save us money. Here is why: Congress is in the pockets of the people who dictate America's foreign policy. Who dictates America's foreign policy? Mostly Zionists who also own a good majority of America's military industrial complex and construction companies.

I am not against Orthodox Jews. In the same sense that it does not require a Nazi to be a German, Zionism does not require a Zionist to be a Jew. It is more an ideology than a religion.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It will never stabilize. How many times in the last 50 years do we have to hear that excuse for staying.

top topics

join