It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama throwing crap at the wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Is anyone else tired of our government's policy of throwing S*** at the wall and hoping it sticks. When will our government stop throwing money into CEO pockets hoping that it stimulates the economy.

Let me break it down. $825 billion dollars is about to be thrown at corporate america (again). Does corporate america stimulate the economy? Are the CEOs going to single handedly be able to put enough money into thier mansons, lcd screens and expensive cars to bail us out? NO!!

You know what will stimulate the economy? Throw some money at me! Throw money at the little guy. Isn't the little guy the consumer? Isn't the economy based on how much the little guy can spend on these overpriced goods? Isn't it based on whether I can afford a house or not? How many jobs is Obama willing to part with?

Obama plz stop throwing crap at the wall, because in the end whether its on the wall or on the floor its still just a pile of crap buddy.

Heres a tally:

Caterpillar: 5,000 Jobs
General Motors Corp. - 2,000 Jobs
Sprint Nextel Corp - 8,000 Jobs
Home Depot - 7,000 Jobs

Thats just a start.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I feel sorry for anyone who expected anything spectacular out of Obama, I really do.

It's politics as usual. Same game, different face.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Same ol song and dance. But then.... why would they change a winning formula?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It all depends on the writing of the bill that Congress passes. Hopefully this time they will put more limitations on what the money can be used for. Otherwise, it would serve them best by passing nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
USA has a population of ~300 million.

Out of that, 90% of the citizens make less than 100k a year.

Given that, probably about 30% own house, out of which 20% can probably barely afford the mortgage and taxes, out of which probably 15% are getting forclosed.

With saying that, rest assured, the other 60% are screwed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
This thread was misleading.
I expected to see Obama throwing crap at a wall.
Oh well.

It was in "Breaking Political News" so I can see how you would be confused. Apparently this was ment to be put in the creative titled threads forum that show "I am still mad and paranoid about a black Democrat in the White House" but can't come up with anything concrete.

WHO is really throwing crap at the wall here?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
"I am still mad and paranoid about a black Democrat in the White House"

Really?

Sometimes I forget that we're all ignorant racists. Thanks for reminded me.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Now that it's been put into political I have no problem with anything said here. Lob dookie at will.

and yes the continued bailouts suck. Calling state reps and senators offices today.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

"I am still mad and paranoid about a black Democrat in the White House"

Really?

Sometimes I forget that we're all ignorant racists. Thanks for reminded me.

Heh. I never said anyone or everyone was an ignorant racist. You are not welcome for my "reminded" you.

Ranting is fun I guess and Obama has the number one spot so he will of course get the crap flung at him. I would suggest that in the zeal to take down number one you not forget all the legislature that is part of the game too. Give them a call and tell them your what fer.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You're right, but unfortunately, it appears that neither of our major political parties realizes that we can't just spend our way out of this mess. In fact, they're just digging the hole deeper. But why not? Its not their money, afterall, so they may as well try to look like they're doing something, even if its the opposite tack of what they should do. Adding more debt to the mountain of it we already have will merely serve to accelerate the devaluation of the dollar and worsen our overall economic state.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I would suggest that in the zeal to take down number one you not forget all the legislature that is part of the game too.

The same way people did for Bush? I seem to recall everything being his fault.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I posted this thread because of an article i read this morning on MSN. It made me angry, I needed to rant.

Here is the Article

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If anyone watched Barry's news briefing this morning you saw him throw plenty of snip at the wall. Environmental this...energy that... new car fuel consumption regulations by 2011....blah blah blah...new blah...

How is all of this going to help the economy right now?? It won't. Everything he blabbered about in this conference will take years,if ever, to implement at an untold cost. He spewed about new clean forms of energy without mentioning any specifics. Nuclear? Solar? Wind? I don't think we'll be able to power up the NYC metro area with wind farms. Will he build new nuclear power plants? Who knows..

He blew more smoke today than in recent conferences.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

I would suggest that in the zeal to take down number one you not forget all the legislature that is part of the game too.

The same way people did for Bush? I seem to recall everything being his fault.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by nyk537]

What is this with all or nothing? I CALLED my reps and senators multiple times. I don't see how you could take what I said and think it is a bad thing because of some faulty idea of past precedent. Everybody that didn't like Bush did not feel the same way in their dislike.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure why job losses (that we have all known were coming) maps to Obama throwing feces at the wall... Or anything about Obama at all...

The $825 Billion Stimulus package is not going in Corporate America's pockets.

Video

For a look at where the money is being spent, we'll be able to go to Recovery.gov

Originally posted by DaMod
It made me angry, I needed to rant.

Just FYI, there is a Rant Forum.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The problem isn't where the stimulus is going to go, so much as the fact that there is a stimulus at all.

Nothing makes me feel better than borrowing money from my children and grandchildren so the government can fix all our problems.

Especially when they use it for writing welfare checks to people who don't even pay taxes.

Makes me feel all warm inside.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The stimulus package is nothing but a crock pot full of pulled pork. This is Obama's big thank you to all of those who helped him win the election. He is just going to spread it around.

His plan will take years people. Especially when it comes to his infrastructure rebuilding plans. New jobs in 3 years maybe. Think about the red tape involved with awarding govt contracts. The designing and engineering process, the bidding process, procurement etc. It will take years. This will have no immediate impact on the economy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join