It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And on the fifth day, subpoenas were served to Obama's senior staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

David Axelrod, Obama's "Karl Rove" and the biggest surprise on the list. Obama's team issued a report in December that said his staff had no "inappropriate contact" with Blago, so the inclusion of Axelrod is a bit of a shock.

Valerie Jarrett, Blago's "Senate Candidate 1", a real estate management executive and political hack of the first order. Her ties to failed and fraudulent real estate deals in Chicago were the subject of numerous investigations and should have instantly disqualified her for any public office.

Rahm Emanuel was already deeply involved in the case with some reports describing as many as 21 conversations with Blago's office during the period in question.

Tony Rezko, Obama's first advocate, fundraiser and adviser, was convicted last year on numerous charges related to kickbacks, and is now awaiting sentencing. Rezko is "cooperating with authorities, FBI Agent Daniel Cain said in an affidavit."

directorblue.blogspot.com...

This could get interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Historic impeachment trial to begin today

www.sj-r.com...

The alleged acts
www.sj-r.com...

And, it should be pointed out, Mr. Obama has a relationship with Mr. Blagojevich, having not only endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006, but having served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house. In the Democratic gubernatorial primary that year, then-state sen. Obama endorsed former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris. But after Blagojevich won, Obama came around enthusiastically. At the same time, meanwhile, Axelrod had such serious concerns about whether Blagojevich was ready for governing he refused to work for his one-time client.

According to Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., Mr. Obama's incoming White House chief of staff, Emanuel, then-state senator Obama, a third Blagojevich aide, and Blagojevich's campaign co-chair, David Wilhelm, were the top strategists of Blagojevich's 2002 gubernatorial victory.

Emanuel told the New Yorker earlier this year that he and Obama "participated in a small group that met weekly when Rod was running for governor.

We basically laid out the general election, Barack and I and these two."

blogs.abcnews.com...

[edit on 093131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
AP Newsbreak: Top Obama aides subject of subpoenas

It is so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

www.iht.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Seeing as how they were subpoenaed to appear in Blogovitch's trial I wouldn't make too big a deal out of it. Isn't it common to be subpoenaed as a witness? I do believe so.

So Obama's team said that the Obama administration's investigation cleared its members of wrong doing, so for the moment that still seems plausible. Until they start CHARGING these people with wrong doing calling this out as a sign that the in fact did wrong is reaching.

I am not saying I would be surprised is one or more did get indited, but this and inditment are two very different things.

It is quite because it is not much of a story.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Animal]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Obama's team said that the Obama administration's investigation cleared its members of wrong doing,

yeah.
that was funny.
They probed themselves and found themselves clean.

ATS thread - Surprise, obama's team clears obama

THIS is actually what I want the world to see ... and to keep an eye on ...
it's Cheney-Halliburton-esque

Eric Holder is a senior partner at this law firm.

Covington and Burling LLP

The firm represents 17 Yemeni nationals and one Pakistani citizen held at Guantanamo Bay. The Supreme Court will soon review the D.C. Circuit’s ruling that ordered the dismissal of a number of habeas petitions filed by Guantanamo detainees; some of our clients are petitioners in the Supreme Court Case. We expect to play a substantial role in the briefing. We also plan to petition the Supreme Court to hear our Pakistani client’s appeal from the D.C. Circuit’s order dismissing his case.

Gee .. no conflict of interest there, eh?

Obama pushes to get the GITMO people trials and look who is getting the business – the law firm of his buddy (and appointee) Eric Holder. The same Eric Holder who helped Clinton give pardons to 16 FALN terrorists.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They aren't being charged with anything, they are being called as witnesses against Blago. You make sound like they are being charged with something.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes. The impeachment of Rod Blagojevich. I fail to see how a relationship between Obama and his state's governor is impeachable. You Republicans are acting really pathetically. Trying to point out associations as a means to discredit a candidate. Saying that just because a candidate has a so called association with a corrupt governor then he must be corrupt. Then, you allege that it is an impeachable offense to have a relationship with your own governor of your own state. Also, I should mention how silly it is to presume that Obama talked to Blagojevich. What makes you think that they are stupid enough to talk to someone as corrupt as Blagojevich? Rahm Emmanual only talked to him once... and... what makes you think since Blagojevich said something that they're automatically guilty here? I sense a double standard since Obama has a D next to his name.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Some of these people just will try to make a story out of anything to try to discredit Obama. I do not worship Obama but I just think no one in their right mind would talk to the governor, and, if they did, they would only do it once, like in the case of Rahm Emmanuel.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
You Republicans are acting really pathetically.

A lot of people can see through Obama and they all aren't 'republicans'

Rahm Emmanual only talked to him once

Maybe. If you believe what he said.
Considering he's a politician .. I don't.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Originally posted by Frankidealist35
You Republicans are acting really pathetically.

A lot of people can see through Obama and they all aren't 'republicans'

I am giving him a chance. He says he is for change. Well, I'm waiting for him to show me the change. So far his change has been to reverse the Bush43 policies with the executive orders. I see through his rhetoric. I judge someone by their actions not what they say. I don't think he is stupid enough to actually talk to someone like Rod Blagojevich.

Rahm Emmanual only talked to him once

Maybe. If you believe what he said.
Considering he's a politician .. I don't.

I don't think even politicians are stupid enough to do talk to someone like Blagjoevich more than once.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It is really ironic. Just 4 and 8 years ago, some were doing the very same thing to Bush and the Bush worshipers would say the same things on his behalf. Here we are and its the same song and dances all over again, only thing changed is the party in the white house.

Buisness as usual in the good ol US of A.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
It is really ironic. Just 4 and 8 years ago, some were doing the very same thing to Bush and the Bush worshipers would say the same things on his behalf. Here we are and its the same song and dances all over again, only thing changed is the party in the white house.

Buisness as usual in the good ol US of A.

Cheers!!!!

So far comparing Obama admin vs. Bush admin is like comparing peanuts to geese. Bush started with the stolen election of 2000 and Cheney Rove et al. behaved like complete jerks.

Maybe in time the Obama admin will be proven to be just as bad as the Bush admin but I don't have evidence for that yet. The law is the law and Blagovichs trial will require witnesses. Obamas staff nor any political will not jump at the chance to get their name associated with Blogovitch so subpeonas are the method of choice.

Did we ever get to the bottom of the whole Illinois vs. Bank of America and the subsequent castration of Blogovitch?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Can you ever recall a Presidency where there wasn't any kind of scandal?

This one is no different. In due time, Obama and gang will be full of scandals or controversy as previous administrations. Government is just too big to keep everyone in check.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Obama's team said that the Obama administration's investigation cleared its members of wrong doing,

yeah.
that was funny.
They probed themselves and found themselves clean.

Mock me all you want, of course it always helps to leave out the part where I agree with where you are coming from (IE):

I am not saying I would be surprised is one or more did get indited, but this and inditment are two very different things.

My point is that this thread is trash. The members of Obama's administration who were subpoenaed where called in as witnesses...

Sure there very well could be guilty persons in the administration but at the moment there also, and IMHO more likely so, could not be...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Mock me all you want, of course it always helps to leave out the part where I agree with where you are coming from

Where the hell do you get that I'm mocking you? I'm laughing WITH you on this. The reason I posted it was because I agreed with you. RELAX.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Blago: Emanuel a 'co-conspirator'

www.americanthinker.com...

Governor Rod Blagojevich placed responsibility for one key impeachment charge just a door away from the Oval Office. Blagojevich said before the Senate vote that, if he's impeached, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel should be a "co-conspirator."

"If you're impeaching me," Blagojevich told lawmakers," ... let's demand that President Obama fire Rahm Emanuel, because Rahm Emanuel is the one who gave me this idea."

Blagojevich was referring to a charge based upon the I-SaveRx Program, an effort to import prescription drugs from Canada. He reminded lawmakers of concerns that senior citizens have about being able to afford both food and medicine.

"How many of us talked about those things in speeches? How many of us who were familiar with how Congress operates actually had talking points from the Democratic National Campaign Committee and they had that line: Food or medicine, food or medicine? How many of us said all that? And how many of us kept railing against the FDA because they wouldn't allow ... American seniors to go to Canada and get the same prescription drugs, the same medicines made by the exact same companies... for forty to fifty per cent less?"

Blagojevich insisted that the controversial program for which he was being impeached was the brainchild of Emanuel, who inherited Blagojevich's congressional seat before being named Obama's Chief of Staff.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What you won't hear on TV,

Fitzgerald, refused to turn over to lawmakers most of the recordings his office has made that includes the recording of Blago trying to sell the office of senator Obama

Transcripts show they were heavily edited before they were turned over.

Ill. St.Journal

Of course, a thorough examination of Emanuel might also shed light on the political cesspool that also produced his new boss.

www.americanthinker.com...

new topics

top topics

join