It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Defends Soldiers Against War-Crimes Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Israel Defends Soldiers Against War-Crimes Charges

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Sunday that special legal teams would be appointed for soldiers, who he promised would receive the full support of the Israeli government.

"The state of Israel will fully back those who acted on its behalf," Olmert said. "The soldiers and commanders who were sent on missions in Gaza must know that they are safe from various tribunals."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Not a suprise, but newsworthy.
Israel is on the defensive again saying that their soldiers were just doing their jobs. I don't think they were paid to kill civilians, but maybe they know something I don't.

"In another move, Israel's military censor aimed to protect the identities of battlefield officers by barring the publication of their names or pictures."
And again, censorship of the media, not allowing regular citizens to even know WHOM to blame directly. If only we had been allowed reporters to film them beforehand.

HAMAS also pledged $52 million in aid to the Palestinian people for their losses, both material and human. They're not high in my books, to say the least, but thats a hell of a lot more than Israel's pledged!

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think there are very few countries that wouldn't support their soldiers. To not do so would be disastrous. Troops would lose confidence in their high command and would feel betrayed. Each case would have to be investigated on an individual basis to find out if any soldier acted out of line and that soldier should be dealt with personally.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The USA has allready passed legislation in its own country granting immunity to soldiers from war crimes - meaning that if the nazi crimes were repeated by the USA , technically nothing would come about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Israeli lawyers to address war crimes of israeli soldiers??

They are afraid of what might happen outside of the country, that is why officers now have to ask the government before they can travel abroad.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The soldiers were only doing what they were told.

The government needs to be tried by an international court.

Though israel feels they are above international law and do not listen to the UN.

So they will have israeli lawyers pretending to charge grunts, while the leaders pretend they are better then their enemy.

After all, they are a pretend nation.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ironic how the US and other countries will pursue and hunt down people to the ends of this planet to bring them to justice for crimes that effected their citizens or countries which has some sort of ploitical agenda with it.

we got Saddam hussain
Nazi war criminals
and so on

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
All great posts!

jam,
I agree entirely, but when there are reports of civilians deliberately being killed, WP used on some, and moreover when the WORLD is calling for their justice, the government should give in. Even the US charged a few of its soldiers for the gang-raping of the young girl and killing of her family, the incident where something like 20 civilians were levelled, Abu Ghraib tortures, and a couple others I barely remember. They may have just been to protect those who ordered them (patsies), but there was still some form of punishment.

Harlequin,
Thats scary. The strong protect the strong.

breakingdradles,
You can see the future! Yes the government should be tried, but thats a much more difficult process than individual cases. At least the soldiers should be tried, then after move onto the government. I mean, you can refuse orders not to shoot civilians!

Just to clarify Im not saying they made a wrong move as a nation (in this respect), technically they should protect their citizens, but where does it end? When the criminals aren't punished they will never stop.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Does no one know why the Israelis were airbursting WP so very high in the sky, and not lower where it would actually be effective?

This measure was only mentioned over the BS threats of wannabes who suggest war crimes. When none exist.

Why waste WP so high up when most of it's burned out before it hits the ground?

You get people looking at the pretty fireworks up north, and this allows you to pursue your actual military objective in the south.

Gawd!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"I was only obeying orders"

Yep, that one worked real well at Nuremburg.

If this was any other country, the US would be leading the pack in pursuing the guilty parties.

Quote from A. Burg - Ex World Zionist Leader:
"All is compared to the Shoah, dwarfed by the Shoah and therefore all is allowed – be it fences , sieges ... curfews, food and water deprivation or unexplained killings. All is permitted because we have been through the Shoah and you will not tell us how to behave."

Shoah = Holocaust, this is the zionists or extremists excuse for everything that Israel does.

And this is just one of the images that proves guilt - note the medic in the bottom right hand corner.

new topics

top topics

join