It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Violence Mars Australia Day Celebrations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Racist Violence Mars Australia Day Celebrations

www.news.com.au

In Manly hundreds of youths draped in "Aussie pride" livery wore slogans declaring "f--k off we're full" as they smashed car windows and ran up the famous Corso targeting non-white shop keepers.

A 18-year-old Asian female in one of the cars was showered with shattered glass, giving her numerous cuts to her arms. She was treated on the scene by ambulance officers.

A taxi driven by a Sikh Indian was also targeted while an Asian shopkeeper was reportedly assaulted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well, here we go again. The morons are at it again. Once again Australia sends a message to the World that we are no more than a bunch of racist idiots. "Invasion Day," as Australia Day is known among our indigenous population should be a day where we Anglo Aussies reflect on a time in history when we were the foreign scourge.

I know that the issue of immigration is a very touchy subject in this country. But, we should be proud of the fact that we are able to take in people from all cultures and allow them to take advantage of our usually beautiful Australian way of life.

Was Greg Proops right? Is Australia "Arkansas with a beach?"

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/1/2009 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The racist violence is unacceptable.
but if the continuing of a false, debased ideology "multiculturalism” continues then these scenes will be more numerous and of far greater intensity
I ask simply what defines a nation but its culture? Race is not the problem its culture
And the social engineers are importing Islamic, Buddhist and Hindu peoples into a Western Christian nation

What a perverse irrational mentality this is.

Why import people that hate, despise and seek to destroy our culture?
Look no further than the UN, NWO agenda.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I would like to say that i am not shocked by this at all....This happens year after year and shows the world that we are still full of convicts in the land down under.... As for the bs about changing the date of Australia day..That is total crap....I have never heard it called an invasion day and i have spent many years around Aboriginals

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is the 2nd incident of racial violence in a very short time. Just the other day at the Australian open tennis Serbs and Bosnians had an altercation. Are some cultures simply unreconcilable with others? This is going to be an important question going forward. Australia has the highest immigration rate per capita in the world according to the cia world fact book (6.34/1000 compared to 2.92/1000 in the USA) and maybe the rapid rate they are trying to bring cultures together is causing these increasing tensions.

www.cia.gov...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The fact that nobody was arrested at the ethnic violence that erupted at the tennis the other day probably made these hoons feel braver than they normally would have.
The police were way too soft the other day which in my opinion, was a mistake.

Australian yobbos always do this days after ethnic trouble.
Cronulla was also done in response to ethnic trouble a few days earlier.

It's all a shame.

With unemployment rising and the recession kicking in, I'm expecting more of it unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacob08

Australia has the highest immigration per capita in the world according to the cia world fact book (6.34/1000 compared to 2.92/1000 in the USA) and maybe the rapid rate they are trying to bring cultures together is causing these increasing tensions.

And why not? Australia is a new immigrant country in Asia and predominantly empty. The only people who appear to riot regularly are poor, uneducated and ignorant white youth after drunken binges.

If I was an Australian ethnic minority and this happened in my neighbourhood I know what I would do with these drunks and you not what, it wouldn't end there with a night of drunken mayhem.

Interesting to note, it's not the 'Lebs' this time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Sad incident but....

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the Aussie's and Brits have been slamming America for years for having a racist culture as if it just doesn't happen there.
There was an article recently about similar violence happening in the UK.

Meanwhile we elected a black president, when was the last time the Aussie's or Brits did that?

PS I'm tired of being called fat too. Austrailia is the fattest country in the world, not America. Also the Aussie's reputation for being able to drink a lot is completely overblown. Yeah I can drink a lot too when all the beer is only 4.5%! People in glass countries should not throw stones.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
well i had an absolutely brilliant australia day.

i got an invite from Cricket Australia to get some guys from my club (radio controlled nitro offroad racing monster trucks + buggies) to go and have a thrash during half-time of the Australia Vs south africa match.

there was a big citizenship ceremony with about 50 ppl becoming citizens in front of 40,000 ppl at the cricket.

we thrashed our monster trucks and buggies on the presigious Adelaide oval in front of 40,000.

i circled a boundary security guy slowly, like an indian circling a cowboy.
he stopped and i bumped him going slowly.
he grabs teh truck, crowd goes BOOOOOOOO
then proceeds to lecture me, everytime i reached for truck he jerked it away and crowd would again BOOOOOO!!!!!!
one dude who had a few beers in him stands up and yells
LET THE DUDE HAVE HIS TRUCK BACK!!!

security put my truck down and the crowd went YYEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

man it was funny.. what a great time we had too

[edit on 26/1/09 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Masonwatcher....

The Serbs and Croats were rioting at the tennis the other day.
Lebonese have rioted.
Aboriginals have rioted.

To say only white youth have rioted is inflammatory and not true.

It's just that its only when whites riot that it catches the world headlines.

What happened was absolutely appalling but to say that we've only experienced rioting with whites is laughable.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

If anything we'd probably elect an Australian of Asian descent as our first non-white Prime Minister as it's more relative to our region.
But I can't see that happening for a long time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

If I was an Australian ethnic minority and this happened in my neighbourhood I know what I would do with these drunks and you not what, it wouldn't end there with a night of drunken mayhem.

I can see this kind of attitude being real constructive and it certainly wouldn't lead to the kind of escalation we see in the other parts of the world that people are fleeing to come here. No one wants our own little Israel and Palestine or Balkans in our back yard. So perhaps keeping a cool head would be a better way to solve our differences so mistakes of the old countries aren't repeated.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Heck, last time I checked Serbs and Bosnians were white. Anyway their rioting stems from a 3 year war back home.

I described the recent Australians rioters as the ‘poor, uneducated and ignorant’ drunks. The skin colour was merely incidental. Nevertheless, the issue you fail to recognise is that Australian riots follow this pattern;

poor, uneducated and ignorant drunk whites vs. Aboriginals
poor, uneducated and ignorant drunk whites vs. Lebanese
poor, uneducated and ignorant drunk whites vs. Asians and Sikhs.

There appears to be a consistent problem, no?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
A country that was primarily built upon immigration and a land that was stolen from the aboriginals, this news is shocking and indeed shows the ignorance and lack of class by the Australians.

I am asian-Canadian and in Canada, we do not get that type of racial discrimmination because we realize that without immigrants, Canada would not flourish, economically as a country... the chinese are pouring money into the economy by means of purchasing real estate, starting up businesses etc....people need to realize that immigration/migration is mandatory for any country to flourish. putting restrictions on who should and should not be let in the country should be considered as means of preventing crime.... but everyone is entitled freewill and abiltity to have the freedom like every living organism on this planet regardless of race. from being here for a month, my general assumption of Australians are that they are obnoxious drunks, uneducated, lack class and have a superiority complex.

As far as I am aware, australia has no culture. Its culture is based upon getting smashed in the weekend, random hook ups (Australia tops as the most promiscuis country for one night stands), a prominent gay scene and crocidile dundee..... oh and women...lack class. expecially after couple drinks... ive seen women in sydney sprawled out buck naked in the streets while puking thier ass off in the middle of the streets.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
They ddient attack the Lebanese because they were Lebanese, they attacked them because the Lebanese went to a beach and made lewd comments towards a girl for wearing a bikini and then assaulted a beach lifeguard when he told them to bug off and take their religious beliefs someplace else.

If the same thing happened here and as usual the police and the government did the usual pander to the minorities then I would riot too. Notice how the NSW Police confronted the White mobs but totally ignored the "convoys" of Lebanese?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The Lebanese and Muslims here are nothing but trouble, they are car hoons and complete losers, they got nothing better to do than drive up and down chapel street like lunatics playing irritatingly loud and crap music in the cars their daddies bought them.

You know what ?

I've not seen one "skinny" or black/sudanese guy cause any kinda trouble, they mind their own business, they aren;t loud, they are friendly enough as far as I am concerned and for that reason I do not mind them at all.

But these lebs and muslims, ugh, they are all up in their own arses and need to be kicked out of this country, they DO NOT deserve to be in this country, they don't bring anything good towards the australian life

loud stinky arragont losers is what they are

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Frankly, I have no sympathy for immigrants. Fix the problems in your own #hole country before coming over to mine and infecting it with your stupid backwards dark-ages mentalities, and then we can talk. If you wish to flee from your problems, good for you, but you are only putting pressure on the country to which you have fled.

However:

Most Sikhs and Orientals I have met have been entirely law-abiding, non-demanding and quite easily fit into Western societies because they don't make ridiculous and offensive demands - they just get on with it the way the host country says that they should.

It's a shame for them there are other immigrant groups who ruin it for the rest by blathering about whatever primitive ideals they can't let go of, and therefore increasing the xenophobia of the indigenous population towards any foreign people, and not just the trouble-makers.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
As a white Australian, it seems the bearing of flags can easily start violence these days. As soon as people get their hands on "their" flag in public, too often it results in violence.

Just the other day there were two groups at the tennis waving their flags around in support of players from their home countries, and, you guessed it...

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the Aussie's and Brits have been slamming America for years for having a racist culture as if it just doesn't happen there.

Racism is, unfortunately, very bad here. The people who think otherwise have simply been watching too much Government propaganda on TV about how we're such a wonderful multicultural society.

We have a lot of Indian people now working in our service stations here (because everyday Aussies just don't want to do it) and I always smile and be polite and courteous to them and they sort of seem a bit shocked by it sometimes. They then become extremely friendly and when I leave, we both feel happier than what we did beforehand.

I recommend it to anyone.

[edit on 26/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Good onya mate.

That's how the day should be spent. Out in the sun, having fun with your mates and hassling those no good umpires.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Frankly, I have no sympathy for immigrants. Fix the problems in your own #hole country before coming over to mine and infecting it with your stupid backwards dark-ages mentalities, and then we can talk. If you wish to flee from your problems, good for you, but you are only putting pressure on the country to which you have fled.

This kind of mentality towards immigrant or anybody for that matter is dangeous and the reason why there is so much racial tension in the world. First of all, in the country of their origin, they have no freedom, no choices, no education, health or have the luxuries that makes life pleasurable. They are being ruled by a dictatorship who does not care for thier wellbeing and livelihood. They live in a shadow, darkness where they need to succumb to do certain acts because they have been deprived from it thier whole life.

In my opinion, Australians are just as worse as any immigrant with a cave man mentality. Ive seen countless bar fights at night clubs where Australians (white men) smashing beer towards another Australian. Ive seen a teenager haggle me or $2 bucks at McDonalds and threatened me when I told her to "get a job".. then shortly after i witnessed her stealing a muffin from the counter. I've heard of Australians slacking off thier jobs, meanwhile still getting paid... basically cheating the employer. Ive also heard of racial comments made by australians which were inappropriate and offensive... these type of behaviour is far more dangerous than an immigrant seeking for a better life.

Crime will exist regardless of who or where that person is from. It is inevitable. Who built Sydney back in th 1800's? CONVICTS... from Europe, asia, india etc. So for you to say "immigrants" putting pressure in the country is hypocritical and irrational. In my opinion, you are the one with the dark aged mentality

====
Mod Edit: fixed quote tags

[edit on 1/26/2009 by Badge01]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join