It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Angels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
ok. so if "Angels" came down and bred with Man and bore children with them...

What I want to know....

Were all the "Angels" men?

I mean, if I were a man living back then...it would have been cool to sleep with an "Angel."

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
According to the bible, angels do not have a sex.
According to the nephilem alien theory, it describes them coming down to mate with the "daughters of eve".

If you are refering to the second line then no, no female "angels" mated with males, for they would bare children not on earth.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The Bible defines a Giant as offspring between Angel and Man.
Angels thought human females to be 'comely' and 'attractive'....

Remember, God gathers all the tribes together to fight and exterminate the Giants.

There are (were) entire cities of Giants...entire peoples...the Bible has over 14 NAMED Giants....

'Nephilim' was just a generalized descriptive name towards the Giants. They had many names. Though it was not the Nephilim who had sex with man, it was Angels. The Nephilim were 'Giants'...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have never read of a female angel in the Bible. They were all men. I am not saying that there were no female angels...just that none were ever mentioned.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Then what was the point of "Angels" breeding with man?

It is a Noble thing to propogate one's own species. Especially if there are only 600 of your race left.

One-Third of Angels came to Earth, numbering around 200. (says the bible fable)

Out of a race of 600 individuals, there were no FEMALES???

Hmmm...my Hopi/Zuni tell me God is Female...the Sumerians say this as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I take it that this is the passage in question:

"Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. Then the Lord said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

I suggest that angels did not come down from heaven and mate with our women. The reason I say that is because I don't think that "sons of God" here means angels, it may refer to a certain group of men, offspring of Adam, who were particularly devoted to God and perhaps kept themselves as virgins.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I see the god of the bible as two different entities. A true loving God is one. The other is a false god pawning himself off as a being of light who is in reality SATAN. This is the god whose sons came down and had offspring with the females of mankind. The bible is a corrupted book of writings. Corrupted by Satan. An all loving god would not have man kill fellow man in god's name. That is what Satan the false god teaches man...to hate, be jealous, have envy, to covet, lie, steal, murder and all the negative traits.
The world has been blinded by the false god, Satan.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tesla401

You tread on dangerous ground. Your arguements make it seem as if what you believe is fact and then you base it on that. Keep in mind that we are discussing two theories and not just one. This thread does not have to turn into a religiouse issue.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What a great question!

It certainly seems like the angels we hear about have male names and are represented as males. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael. Male personalities that is.

Maybe we just haven't heard about the female angels because they have no reason to involve themselves in our issues. We're forever needing warriors and defenders and such but if there is a cooking angel or mothering angel or homemaking angel she is probably too busy to visit.

Another problem is what would we talk about with them? We call on Michael to smite the enemy but what would we say to a female angel? Could you help me cook dinner? Could you watch the kids for an hour? What color should I paint the living room? These are all good questions but it has never occurred to me to ask them of an angel.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Angels don't have sex! Period.

Originally posted by Tesla401
Then what was the point of "Angels" breeding with man?

It is a Noble thing to propogate one's own species. Especially if there are only 600 of your race left.

One-Third of Angels came to Earth, numbering around 200. (says the bible fable)

Out of a race of 600 individuals, there were no FEMALES???

Can you quote this?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
I take it that this is the passage in question:

"... I don't think that "sons of God" here means angels,.

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."

Man is always referred to as man.
"Sons of God" always refers to Angels.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
...When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God....he created them both...When Adam...became the father of a son in his own likeness, after his image...Gen 5.1-3

God created man (men) that looks like my neighbor.
Adam had a son that looks like my neighbor.

If I look like my neighbor, and my neighbor looks like God, then I can only assume God looks like me.

What is the big problem with this ????

The big problem is that makes God a MAN.

So, my next question is : Under what scenario can a day seem like a thousand years and a thousand years seem like a day? (the abscance of gravity...would be the correct answer)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Genesis 15:5
...Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them...
Genesis 22:17
...as the stars of the heaven...
Genesis 26:4
...to multiply as the stars of heaven...
Exodus 32:13
...as the stars of heaven...
Deuteronomy 1:10
The LORD your God hath multiplied you, and, behold, ye [are] this day as the stars of heaven for multitude.
Deuteronomy 4:19
And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven...
Deuteronomy 10:22
...the LORD thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.
Deuteronomy 28:62
...whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude...
Judges 5:20
They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
1 Chronicles 27:23
...to the stars of the heavens....
Nehemiah 9:23
Job 22:12
[Is] not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are?
Psalms 8:3
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars...
Isaiah 13:10
For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
Isaiah 14:13
...I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God...
Ezekiel 32:7
And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.
Daniel 8:10
And it waxed great, [even] to the host of heaven; and it cast down [some] of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
Joel 2:10
The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
Nahum 3:16
...above the stars of heaven...
Matthew 24:29
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mark 13:25
And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Revelation 6:13
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Revelation 12:1
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars...
Revelation 12:4
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth...
Ecclesiasticus 43:9
The beauty of heaven, the glory of the stars, an ornament giving light...
2 Maccabees 9:10
And the man, that thought a little afore he could reach to the stars of heaven
Wisdom of Solomon 13:2
But deemed either fire, or wind, or the swift air, or the circle of the stars, or the violent water, or the lights of heaven, to be the gods which govern the world.
Prayer of Azariah 1:13
Prayer of Azariah 1:41
O ye stars of heaven, bless ye the Lord: praise and exalt him above all for ever.
Jeremiah 4:16
...watchers come from a far country...
Daniel 4:17
This matter [is] by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men

Boogyman and Santa are not real people.

God and Heaven....hehehe.

God is a MAN !
Heaven is Space.
Not some invisible fantasy land where there are rivers of chocolate.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Specifically it says the "Sons of God" came in unto the "daughters of man." I mean.. I don't know how else they were supposed to break this down in the Bible.. Son and daughter, ok obviously that's man and woman. The Bible talks about angels and like someone said, they were all men. (Personally I believe all angels are.) Um, but more to the point, the "Sons of God" mentioned in Genesis and so on were fallen angels. They had saw a human females beauty and lusted after her causing them to "fall from grace." This mating spawned off the Nephilim or "Giants." God saw this as wicked and flooded the earth but evil was already in the world, evil was in mans heart or something along those lines.

Vojvoda - I don't know if it's the same 1/3 he's talking about. When Lucifer was cast out of Heaven he swiped his tail and took 1/3 of the angels with him. But in the sumerian texts or maybe even enoch where they mention the number 200.. I'd have to recheck but.. I can post more when I get off work at 6, haha. Later!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I would think even a high-school level understanding of genetics and heredity would reveal the entire concept of angels mating with humans to produce giants as bogus and ludicrous. Throw bible verses back and forth as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that the reality of genetics would have prohibited such stories as being true. Even if you assume that angels and man are the same species, you don't cross breed the two to produce giants. It's about as dumb as saying you can breed an African man with an Asian woman to reliably produce midgets.

Maybe we just haven't heard about the female angels because they have no reason to involve themselves in our issues.

Or maybe it's because the value of a woman as defined in the OT as basically being property, being only of slightly higher value than that of cattle. There's no place in biblical society for female angels, because they would be worthless compared to male angels.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well, I think when they refer to mating.
They don't mean "sex".
They mean on a genetic level.
This is where religion and the other closed minded people start to mess things up.

Don't you find it strange, that they call it "mating"?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The scriptures are borrowed, and plaguerized from a variety of different cultures, many much older. In this case, what is being depicted is various groups of ets, each with differing opinions as to what plans should occur for the planet, and the offspring are actually inter-species offspring or hybrids, human to et. The book of enoch depicts a war between groups of ets, some with the idea of progressing mankind into the future, and possibly the cosmos, some wishing to keep us dumbed down tools, possibly a slave race, possibly as a genetic dna harvesting garden. The wrong guys won that one, and another reset button was pushed and what was depicted was a massive flood and depopulation of the human race.

What we don't want to see happen again is another one.

edit to add: no one knows what an angel is actually, and the scriptures don't explain them, most of what is written doesn't even mean what Christian Churches have been teaching for centuries. Modern Church concepts of angels were decided upon during the last 1000 years, previous to that many differing ideas existed. Therefore ideas of angels as sexless or otherwise are merely speculations and only true for those who do not believe in God as both male and female and a couple, like gnostics teach. To me, they are proxies of God.
[edit on 26-1-2009 by mystiq]

[edit on 26-1-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Even if on the genetic level, they wouldn't be able to produce viable offspring. At best, they might be able to take a few compatible genes and transplant them - but then, that wouldn't really be offspring - or anything even close to "mating". That would just be genetic modification. It would be far easier, not to cross breed, but to modify the parent DNA strain exclusively to produce the traits you want - rather than to take the steps necessary to ensure compatibility of two very different and variable genetic structures AND express the traits you desire.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
yeah they'll give ya sex if you ask, but im sure ther' not fond of playing with your junk ehhe, use the time rather to be healed, and put past these filthy things

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Tesla, your quote brings to light the key issue: "sons of God" typically refers to angels in the Old Testament. You may be right, certainly your view has alot of support from early rabbinical and christian sources. Personally, I'm not against the idea it just doesn't make sense to me.

Especially when I read things like "...they (isrealites) will be called sons of the Living God." Hosea 1:10.

Who can be called sons of God? I submit that anyone who follows God can be called a son of God, including angels.

But looking at the passage in question, it uses the term marriage. Now I'm not a scholar, I don't know what the original hebrew is or anything but marriage is what two humans do. The notion has deep theological meaning, when two people of flesh become one.

Not only that but right after the sons of God take wives, the passage seems to indicate that God was grieved enough to proclaim:

"And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years"

It seems to me that God is talking about the "sons of God" here (that he is also flesh). If they were in fact devout men, consecrated to God (perhaps virginal) it makes sense that God would be disappointed with their decision to leave their holy life and take wives like common men. If the sons of God were angels in this case, then why were all men punished, so-to-speak, with a limit of 120 years of life?

I've found an old source that states this view rather well. It's the Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan, from around the 6th century A.D. and it puts it this way:

Certain wise men of old wrote concerning them, and say in their [sacred] books, that angels came down from heaven, and mingled with the daughters of Cain, who bare unto them these giants. But these [wise men] err in what they say. God forbid such a thing, that angels who are spirits, should be found committing sin with human beings. Never, that cannot be. And if such a thing were of the nature of angels, or Satans, that fell, they would not leave one woman on earth, undefiled... But many men say, that angels came down from heaven, and joined themselves to women, and had children by them. This cannot be true. But they were children of Seth, who were of the children of Adam, that dwelt on the mountain, high up, while they preserved their virginity, their innocence and their glory like angels; and were then called 'angels of God.' But when they transgressed and mingled with the children of Cain, and begat children, ill-informed men said, that angels had come down from heaven, and mingled with the daughters of men, who bare them giants.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join