It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I have de ja vu all the time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Everything just seems so familiar all the time. I just seem to be able to know what happens when it will happen... I am not saying I'm psychic or anything but like when I read something like I'll read about something I knew before which I had no idea how I knew-- it's like I'm like "oh where did I see that before? How did I know that?" All of the environments that I've been in have been way too similar for me. Even when I've been in new environments-- the place seemed similar to me. I mean I'll still have to do things in the environment but it's like when something happens it seems like I knew what would happen or I remembered what happened with something similar in some past time or something like that. I hope I'm not the only one with this special ability. Why do I feel this way? Whenever I go into a place I'll be like "ooh, there is this one person that does X, and then this person will do X, and then that person does X, and after this that person does X", and, like, it's like my brain processes the data of the event before it happens, or, that, what's happened actually has happened before or I am becoming a bit too familiar with the other people. I just feel a bit weird. May I ask if anyone else has similar feelings? Why do we feel like this?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have been wondering about similar things. I have already been able to predict events several seconds before they happened. My take is that the brain is able to evaluate situations and predicts possibles outcomes. Sometimes those predictions happen to be a match which results in the deja-vu effect. From what I had researched on that topic it might have something to do with desynchronization of brain hemispheres which can happen when you are tired.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hi FrankIdealist,

Yes, I too have experienced an extra amount of deja vu especially over the last 2 years. They say that in 2012 a galactic alignment will happen or something like that in which the human brain will be 100% active. I still don't personally completely buy into that stuff, but I'm from my own experiences that ESP(extra sensory perception) is real.

What you've described sounds very familiar to me; that sensation that you've seen something happen before it happens, or feeling like you've done this or that before. Fascinating.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It could be useful....have you seen any winning lotto numbers lately per chance???

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think it is even stranger when three or more people experience deja vu at the same time. Years ago a group of my friends were sitting on the school oval - there would of been about 20 of us - all of a sudden - out of nowhere I got this really strong sense of Deja Vu - then one of the guys in the group - a good friend of mine piped up and said " That's really weird I just had this really strange feeling I have done this before" - two others, then acknowledged they also had a deja vu experience as well.

I have dreamt of three or four lotto numbers quite a few times in the past just not enough to hit the jackpot - still working on that lol

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate
I think it is even stranger when three or more people experience deja vu at the same time. Years ago a group of my friends were sitting on the school oval - there would of been about 20 of us - all of a sudden - out of nowhere I got this really strong sense of Deja Vu - then one of the guys in the group - a good friend of mine piped up and said " That's really weird I just had this really strange feeling I have done this before" - two others, then acknowledged they also had a deja vu experience as well.

I have dreamt of three or four lotto numbers quite a few times in the past just not enough to hit the jackpot - still working on that lol

Darn on the lotto numbers...that would be so cool! Although, there was Bruce Almighty....where everyone that day won the lotto...I would still prefer to win more than one dollar of a jackpot amount.....

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

lol Yes I have dreamt about the numbers quite a few times - recently I had a dream where I saw all the numbers - I woke up or thought I woke up and wrote them down on a piece of paper. The next morning I searched everywhere for that piece of paper but to no avail ( so I figured my writing them down must of been part of the dream ) - but I remembered three of the numbers so I added those three to every box and sure enough all three came up.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I experienced deja vu once this week. I'm an oblivious person so deja vu for me isn't common so i was surprised just by the fact that i had it. But the odd thing was was that right after the deja vu feeling came and went i immediately remember where and when i was there before.

It was 2 years ago in hs sleeping in math class, i had a quick pointless dream of a second long scene. I don't remember my dreams often, so i was pleased i got to be there as i was dreaming but that's all i thought of it and brushed it off. Now i see it as really weird though but that's about all i can say about it without ruling anything that is even possible to a fraction

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Deja-vu?

They're just adjustments being made to The Matrix..

fixing glitches.

. pay them no mind.

-

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am both sad and happy then for you...sad that you forget the other numbers, but glad you remembered the 3 that helped you win something.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
lol Yes I was pretty depressed too believe me - Que sera sera.. Whatever will be, will be

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
ive also had some dejavu feelings. once i was in the car with my grandmother and greatgrandmother and they were talking about something. i was in the back seat just listening and realized i already new what she was going to say and every reaction that they made. anouther is when my cuzins friend killed himself. i had a dream about the way he did it but didnt know who it was. ive had many many more and all of them seem to relate to dreams that ive had previousely.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yes you experience deja vu because everything has happened already and will happen again (I know this is also a quote from some movie , but thats not it). This universe with all our decisions and actions is predefined and is going in circles (kind of hard to explain on a quick note , but you have to look at this theory in a very very macro way) , or at least that is my theory , which I am formulating for some time now(will post when its completed ).

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Some scientists have explained that when you remember something, your brain puts out/experiences a certain bio/neuro-chemical. It is associated with the "wow this is totally familar" feeling.

They theorize that if some unknown thing goes wrong and the brain intermittantly releases some of that biochemical (for no-apparent-reason), then it would randomly give people "the feeling of memory" -- that they had experienced before whatever situation they were in at the moment of the chemical experience.

This is how they explain Deja Vu.

However, this explanation fails entirely in two areas, for me;

1) There is no reason for suspecting that this is happening, or why it would, and

2) If a GENUINE 'remembering' were taking place, it would make sense that this chemical came about.

There is no way to prove 1 is true or prove 2 is not true at this time; doing so solely because some people don't want to believe that there is any way to perceive information prior to its 'physical consensus reality experience' is IMO its own kind of irrational thinking.

Seth (via Jane Roberts) suggested that Deja Vu was a side effect of precognition. Essentially that one was subconsciously exposed to a future experience, and when that experience then happened, the recognition factors triggers the memory chemical which leads to the powerful sense of "wow this has happened before."

I had a real problem with deja vu most of my life. It was nearly chronic. Sometimes it shifted a little back and forth in time; I would get it a few seconds after an experience, anywhere up to a few seconds before an experience (definitely predictive); even as a child on the playground I remember this. I used to assume, for years, that I'd dreamed it, as I often did stuff that later happened, and that I just didn't remember the dream.

I had a period where it got so powerful, in the early 90's, it could completely take over my relationship to reality: it was so disturbing to feel like every smallest detail of reality was known and predictable that I would do something to try and "break the chain" of it to make it go away. At limited levels, Deja Vu is fascinating and fun. At really major levels it's almost frightening.

Best,
PJ

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I forgot to add that due to my chronic Deja Vu problem as a kid I eventually developed a theory. I'd heard some story in Sunday school that spawned this. It was about this guy who basically went to hell and begged God to let him come back and tell his family about God, or something like that, and God relented.

So I thought that probably, I had already lived this life. I had profoundly screwed it up. And in my despair I'd begged God to let me come back and do it again, sure that I would do it better this time. But as it turned out, as the memory proved, I was just making the same choices.

I told my dad about that when I was about 18 and he said, Ye gods! What a horrible idea! I hadn't realized until then that it WAS horrible!

I was glad when reading Seth brought me a new framework to put the experience into.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Would be interested in your ethnic background or anyone who experiences such a thing.

Have had it all my life and it is like a plant you give it water and keep it fed it will grow past more than just deja vu, or at least mine has.

As for changing things to alter the outcome I seem to only have succeeded once and it was a pretty trivial thing.

The big things I have never been able to change the outcome as if they were all meant to be.

I guess Einstein said it best when he said god leaves nothing to chance, he was referencing quantum physics with that quote but it still seems to apply.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I love that cat with rubik's cube avatar! Adorable.

I'm about 14 nationalities. 15 if I believe my aunt. 11 if I disbelieve a couple others. Dominantly Scott, Black Irish, German, Native American (Cherokee), maybe Polish, with one of every semi-white-euro blend thrown in. Depending on tan, hair and makeup and weight, I could 'pass' in nearly every culture on earth that isn't black/eastIndian/asian -- generic plainwrap (the race of tan?) seems to be the result.

So it'd be pretty hard to track genetically for me... since I'm a mutt.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To me Deja Vu is that I have dreamed it and then down the road it happens even though I don't remember dreaming it until it actually happens...I have a lot of deja vu moments, my grandma use to tell me that they were insights into the future and it is my job to try to recall the dreams BEFORE they become reality so that I may be able to do something about it, such as give warning, as most of my deja vu involves someone dying or getting hurt, or something that can be prevented...I also have a great sixth sense, I always seem to get a feeling if something bad is going to happen...I haven't figured out how to train my brain to remember more of my dreams yet though

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I like the idea (and explanation) of bio chemicals and De Ja Vu. From a more physiological perspective, DE ja vu is actually a form of temporal lobe epilepsy. Quite an interesting phenomenon. Experiments have been conducted previously (I've seen it on NatGeo or a similar channel) whereby they used electro stimulation of the temporal lobes which produced visions which are very similar to de ja vu.

And despite the fact that I am not a staunch Bible believer, a lot of interesting things are mentioned there... for instance: what has been before will be again.
Ties in nicely with the believe that we are :

1. in a matrix
2. reincarnated
3. parallel universes.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Deja Vu is the actualization of a prior premonition.

2nd line.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join