It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in movies always left-handed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

My mom was originally left-handed, but they wouldn't let children write with the left hand at school these days, so she learnt to do it with the right hand as well, so i guess all people become ambidextrous like that, but can it be learnt effectively at the latter age?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Disobey

I don't know.
Try it.

Go shoot some hoops with your left hand. Or if you don't play basketball, try something else with our opposite hand. I wouldn't start with writing though. It is too tedious. Try darts. But make sure nobody is standing in close proximity to the board!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I didn't know that he was a composer, though.

And yes, that is a left-handed thumbsup

I did not know he was a composer either.. With ATS,
you really do learn something new everyday.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I'm right handed, but apparently im creatively left-handed.
Heh. I'm going to practice using my left hand writing. So I can use both equally.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
so being the curious lefty that I am...I decided to find a list of left handed actors and actresses....check it out

a lot of good ones in here, and Im sure there are more out there...

list of famous left handers

Dan Aykroyd
Eddie Albert
Tim Allen
June Allyson
Harry Anderson
Amitabh Bachchan, Indian actor
Herschel Bernardi
Robert Blake
Matthew Broderick
Bruce Boxleitner
Carol Burnett
George Burns, comedian
Ruth Buzzi, comedienne
Sid Caesar, comedian
Keith Carradine
Khaled Chahrour, Egyptian actor
Charlie Chaplin
George Gobel, comedian
Chuck Conners
Hans Conreid
James Cromwell
Tom Cruise
Quinn Cummings
Daniel Davis
Bruce Davison
Matt Dillon
Marty Engles, comedian
Olivia de Havilland
Robert DeNiro
Michael Dorn
Fran Drescher, comedian
Richard Dreyfuss
W.C. Fields
Larry Fine ? (of the Three Stooges)
Peter Fonda
Greta Garbo
Terri Garr
Paul Michael Glaser
Whoopie Goldberg
Betty Grable
Cary Grant
Peter Graves
Mark Hamill
Rex Harrison
Goldie Hawn
Jim Henson, puppetteer
Kermit the Frog
Rock Hudson
Angelina Jolie
Diane Keaton
George Kennedy
Nicole Kidman
Lisa Kudrow
Michael Landon
Hope Lange
Joey Lawrence
Shirley MacLaine
Andrew McCarthy
Kristy McNichol
Steve McQueen
Howie Mandel, comedian
Marcel Marceau, mime
Harpo Marx
Marsha Mason
Mary Stuart Masterson
Anne Meara, comedian
Sasha Mitchell
Marilyn Monroe
Robert Morse
Anthony Newley
Kim Novak
Ryan O'Neal
Sarah Jessica Parker
Estelle Parsons
Anthony Perkins
Ron Perlman
Luke Perry
Bronson Pinchot
Joe Piscopo, comedian
Robert Preston
Michael J. Pollard
Richard Pryor, comedian
Robert Redford
Keanu Reeves
Don Rickles, comedian
Julia Roberts
Mickey Rourke
Eva Marie Saint
Telly Savalas
Jerry Seinfeld, comedian
Christian Slater
Slyvester Stallone ?
Terence Stamp
Jessica Steen
Rod Steiger
Alan Thicke
Terry Thomas, comedian
Emma Thompson
Rip Torn
Dick Van Dyke
Graham Walker a.k.a. Grumbleweeds, English comedian
Wil Wheaton
James Whitmore
Treat Williams
Bruce Willis
William Windom
Oprah Winfrey

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disobey
Well, like almost everyone i guess, i like watching movies on my free time. And if it's an action/thriller movie, my mom often likes to watch too.

For quite some time now, she's been always pointing out that whenever there is writing going on in the scene, people are always using the left hand.

Then those movies has to be left-wing movies. *ducks*

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have never noticed that manye writers in movies and television are lefties. i will keep a lookout for this. My dad and mom are both left-handed. My dad, however, learned to use his right hand as well for writing since his left hand was usually sore from the whacks he got on it with a ruler from his teachers. I am left-handed, as are two of my three sisters. I have 3 daughters and just one is left-handed. She throws baseballs with her left hand because I used to play catch with her often. But she bats right-handed because one of her sisters taught her how to swing a baseball bat. Oh, yes, I used to be made fun of often for being left-handed and also because my left hand was always so dirty looking from the graphite after a day spent at school.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I was going to say it looked like a bull or another large animal taking a drink from a lake.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I read a very interesting article upon research into lefthandedness a few years ago, but can't provide a link. As a leftie myself, the essential points stayed with me:

Everyone knows lefties are more creative and artistic, and that was confirmed statistically, but it also mentioned lefties were also more clumsy, prone to madness, and that we die at a younger age.

The reasons given for all the basic traits were the brain is essentially doing everything backwards: the creativity is a by-product of this extra work, as is the clumsiness and madness. The mortality is explained by it being a right-handed world and by accidents righties would not necessarily have.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

Cool post..
Kermit the Frog though?!
Interesting, I always thought he was a righty.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Crank- Jason Statham
Batman-Christian Bale
Superman- New movie
The Punisher
Blade

Here's just a few, I didn't want to spend all day doing this.
I think, you should re-think this.
There's no bias towards lefties.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Dewm0nster]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Disobey

I am not sure about Obama but models and actors when being schooled are taught to LEAD with the left .Sooner or later after years of doing it you can and most times do become left handed. I am ambidextrous due to a few years in the Modeling biz.
(Yeah yeah I got bored with studying all the time and took a break. Was a lot of fun though
..but had a lot of weird people with out of this world quirks.)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disobey

My mom was originally left-handed, but they wouldn't let children write with the left hand at school these days, so she learnt to do it with the right hand as well, so i guess all people become ambidextrous like that, but can it be learnt effectively at the latter age?

I would have to say that I, myself, am familiar with this practice. For a variety of reasons, children would be dissuaded from using their left hand if an inclination towards left-handedness was indicated.

At one time, being left-handed was considered to be "evil" or having some sort of sinister portent. I am certain that many many "lefties" were prevented from using their left hand for reasons such as these. Of course, there might have also been a well-meaning intent behind this practice. Some might have considered that being left handed was some sort of "handicap" in a society that is designed for right-handed people. After all, if you can't use scissors or a can opener, that would probably mean that you "doomed" to failure?

Of course, I certainly don't condone any reason for attempting to alter someone's innate tendency towards "handed-ness" -- right or left. But it is interesting to note how superstition or, ironically, good intentions might have played a role in trying to alter what might be a genetic predisposition. Surely, trying to prevent this sort of behavior -- left-handedness -- must be tantamount to trying to "rewire" the brain.

(Interesting thread).

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

No problem, it isn't excactly the end of the world!

Or "2012" as it is called here at ATS...

Ziggy, that last comment is ace

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was always of the understanding that the reason 80%, or whatever it is, of people are right-handed stems from the days when people would use their hand to wipe their butt. Then, naturally, they would have to eat their food with their right.

I don't know how much of that is true, but it makes a weird amount of sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Im surprised that people havent realized that at least SOME of this is do to image inversion in a camera. A lot of the time, if you watch "deleted scenes" and whatnot, you notice that the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car, or that something reads backwards on a sign. Thats because they havent fixed the inversion yet.

Image inversion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm right-handed, but was able to pick out the dog in the image, the triangle, and see which hands were left. Then again, I'm also a pretty creative person, artist, etc. I used to be ambidextrous, but when I broke my left arm as a kid, I didn't use it for a while, and depended more on the right.

I still use both hands fairly interchangeably, except for writing and drawing (which I do with my right).

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Watch CBS' "The Good Wife" series. I have never seen more 'left-handed' actors in one place! Yes, I am left-handed,
so I do notice such irregularities. You will also notice that when one is simultaneously standing and writing; whether it be in a film, TV series, or commercial,b the actors stand to the left and write with their left hand so that what is being written upon takes precedence. Of course, this is only my presumption.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Nothing like that happens by accident in film. Its symbolizes the Left Hand Path. The left hand meaning goes to the roots of the occult, Aliester crowley etc etc.
The left path are choosing to live a materialistic type of life where you place your fleshly desires above your spiritual pursuits. Them who take this path choose the dark side which roots go back to Babylon; a civilisation that rose from the survivors of Atlantis who were all Luciferians.

Left hand symbology is similar to covering left eye, even having black left eye. To not show you outwardly their true nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join