It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit crossbred cat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Imperatriz, MA, Brazil. In a house where lives a male rabbit and a female cat, two strange kittens were born. They have characteristics of both species.

heres a link www.liveleak.com...
is this even possible ? judging from the video it looks like a cat\rabbit cross

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Rofl! As if cats weren't like rabbits enough! Thats cute, but I wonder what they eat, or are they omnivores? I would NOT mind owning one of those, it would be interesting, or rather, have it own me.. being a cat and all.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I knew someone who had one of these. It was totally cat like, ate cat food, but had the back legs of a rabbit, and half ran/half hopped around.
They are called "Cabbits".

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It looks like a Cabbit.

While reading up on this I found this following article

The most researched community of cabbits lives behind the Canadian Parliament buildings in Ottawa, Canada alongside a thriving population of wild cats which, it is presumed, has been mating with the few wild rabbits and hares in the area. Some local politicians called for a cull of the clowder-herd following an incident where a Japanese schoolgirl was killed in an attack by several cabbits while touring the Parliamentary grounds as part of a school trip.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: NationMaster.com

Haven't found any more about the schoolgirl attack, perhaps someone else will have better luck than me. Maybe that answers the question as to what they eat.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Looks like deformed cats to me.

Cross-breeding between such different species is impossible.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-1-2009 by spaznational]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
its casued by the back legs bieng longer then the fornt the cat adopts a rabbit like gate

this is breed into manx so they all have a hoppy gait with some bieng more prenounced then others

radial hypoplasia causes the hoppity hop effect

cabbits like jackalopes are not real hybrids its just a deformed cat and a jackalope is a rabit with a disease

and this storys bout as real as the cat that gave birth to puppies, if this were genetically possible then we would have shuman's running around from everytime some crazy fool went molesting sheep

[edit on 24/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

ok god, i guess thats done and dusted (morning sarcasam)

sorry.

that video is either an expose or cat mutiation, or they exist.

i go with the latter, although it doesnt look like a cross that benefits the offspring, the poor thing was very cute but doesnt look like it will a good lif (from back pain from being all out of proportion)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Caturday is now Cabbit Day
This is a second line
and this is a third one that explains it is a third line.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
i saw my first "cabbit" 10 years ago at least, this is nothing new at all.
2nd line

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Haha, these things are spot on. I've always thought about breeding mad animals. Ok so these are not crazy crossbreeds but imagine...
A mouse crossed with a sparrow or a dog crossed with a rhino!! This is the stuff dreams are made of.

Edit: Camelephantelopelicanarhinocerous.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
learn something new everyday.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

the stuff dreams are made of?

more like the stuff creationists arguments are made off, long live the crocoduck !!!

doodoodoodoodoo.ytmnd.com...

someone really should make crocoducks to go with the darwin fish badges

and no this isnt a parody some idiot actually thinks we should find these other wise evolution is a lie

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What i notice from the "Wiki" page is this......

A cabbit is supposedly a cat-rabbit hybrid creature. It is a rare but true occurance

Then further down the page under the heading "Hybrid" you see this.......

It is impossible to actually produce cat-rabbit hybrids as they are genetically incompatible despite their similar number of chromosomes. Additionally, cats and rabbits have different mating habits. Female cats are induced to ovulate by the tomcat's barbed penis, which scratches the female's vagina as he withdraws. Male rabbits have smooth penises and are not able to cause a female cat to ovulate. Thus, even when copulation takes place, there would be no egg to fertilize.[

So i'm still none the wiser

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I suppose the later part is true if a male rabbit mates with a female cat. But if a male cat mates with the female rabbit it could be true..

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

why would that have ANY bearing which way around they mate on how different thier genetics are which prevent fertilisation?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I agree but IF it could happen the female cat needs the barbed penis of the male cat. Perhaps for the female rabbit it doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Sorry folks, that vid is fake. They are Manx cat kittens.

www.catfacts.org...

[edit on 073131p://am3144 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
ahh my bad thought you were posing it as a really real possable not just musing on how an impossible could happen if genetics were broken

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I had a female dwarf rabbit about 10 years ago and she was in heat and the neighbors cat came in while we were moving and did breed with her. She did have catbits. But there life expetency is less then 1 year.

But yes it can happen, That is why rabbits are so easily litter box trainable. they are more cat like then you think, therefor when a cat gets an urge when a bunny is in heat they will breed.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
While I agree that genetically this could not happen,
I would not put it past a rabbit to mount a cat. Rabbits
will hump just about anything! The only side effect would
be a distraught cat.

Here is a video of a cat tormenting a bunny. The bunny
gets him back in the end.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join