It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DANIEL and the Destruction of Rome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notroh est
“In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus: quibus transactis civitas septicollis diruetur, & Judex tremêdus judicabit populum suum. Finis.
(In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.)”

BTW, you do realize that this quote about Peter the Roman, was possibly added after the fact by the church, and the original list supposedly ended with our current pope, right? There has been dispute over not only the authenticity of the list, but especially this last entry on it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

assume you are asking me this, so I'll answer you.

The temple on Zion ceased to be Gods dwelling on earth in 70AD, and this shows up in Jewish tradition and writings:

According to Eusebius the "Shekinah" Glory left the Temple and hovered over the Mount of Olives during "the siege of Jerusalem" (66 A.D. to 70). However, Eusebius was not the only observer who mentioned that the "Shekinah" Glory left the Temple before the destruction of the Temple and hovered over the Mount of Olives. A Jewish rabbi named Jonathan -- who was an eyewitness to the destruction of Jerusalem -- said the "Shekinah" Glory left the Temple and for three and a half years
"abode on the MOUNT OF OLIVES hoping that Israel would repent, but they did not; while a Bet Kol [a supernatural voice from heaven] issued forth announcing, Return, O backsliding children [Jer. 3:14]. Return unto Me, and I will return unto you [Mal. 3:7], when they did not repent, it said, I WILL RETURN TO MY PLACE [Hosea 5:15]" (Midrash Rabbah, Lamentations 2:11). -- Secrets of Golgotha, by Ernest L. Martin. 84.

God gave the Jewish people many chances to repent, and throughout the Bible we see this conflict between God and his people constantly. When they rejected the Messiah that he had sent them, that was another big mistake, and resulted in their being destroyed again in 70AD. When they were destroyed this time, it was the “End of an Age” as mentioned by Christ on mount Olives, that “Age” being the “Age of the Jews”. The next “Age” was the “Age of the Church”, or the “Age of the Gentiles”. So at this time there is no significant temple in Jerusalem.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Vatican....the seat of the HARCChurch (holy-apostolic-roman-catholic)is independent of Rome..

the Vatican is an independent state, totally soverign from Italy and Rome...

the older prophecies that pertained to 'Rome' should not be intermingled
with the 'Vatican' of today or the Papal state sometime after Constantine.

the western militaristic empire of Rome,
the eastern empire of the New-City, (Constantinople, nee Byzantium)
the later Papal Rome Empire,
~were all tax levying beasts~

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The issue is that the current RCC comes from the Old Roman Empire. The Governance of Italy was returned to the people of Italy in 1793 by Napoleon, during his Italian Campaign. As a matter of fact, that is considered by those who follow Historicism as the “wounding of the beast”. The 1260 days is from the time Justinian codified the law and gave power to the Pope, to the time that Napoleon took the Pope out of office (533-1793). This happened shortly after John Wesley wrote his exploitory notes, and he stated:

Out of Asia. But he is not yet come, though he cannot be far off for he is to appear at the end of the forty-two months of the first beast

So Wesley knew that the end of the 42 weeks (1260days) was not far off when he wrote that in 1760, and that the second beast would be coming up around that time. He was looking at the wrong country to come up and be the last superpower though. He certainly did not expect it to be a little colony across the ocean who was still under British rule in 1760, and who would win and declare their independence a short time later in 1776.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notroh est
The KJV is shortened leaving out key words and actually places its own description of the “anointed leader” as “Messiah” in its version of the prophecy

Well, as far as I know, the original Hebrew text actually use "the annointed one", and Messiah means the annointed one, so...

We know when Christ walked the earth 0-33 AD (aprox) so the question is when were the Jews formed?

We don't hear the word Jew until at the time of Daniel. A Jew is a member of the part of Judah tribe who unlike their brothers went back to the cursed Land. The rest of Israel's tribes went North mostly it seems. I believe Northern Europe, which explains the revolution within knowledge and myth etc. that was spawned around that time here north.

It was the Romans who called the UK Brittannia, but looking into the word it may be understood in Hebrew meaning Land of the Covenant, Berit or Brit meaning Covenant. Another interesting thing is the name Harald, the name of the first king of a united Norway: In Hebrew it means Uncircumcised. And we have the nation Danmarkor in Eg. Denmark: "Dan's field". Dan was a Hebrew or Israeli tribe. And so on.

The story goes that when the Israelites were given leave by Cyrus there was a schism, where the kingdom of Israel parted with the kingdom of Judah. Israel moved out into the world to find new spots to camp, while the kingdom of Judah wanted to revive the Land and rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple. Here we meet Cyrus as the false Messiah (he is even referred to as Messiah in the bible) and his two horns Media and Persia or for that matter Josva and Serubabel. The Catholic Church and UN often refer to Cyrus as an ideal world leader who puts end to slavery and occupation. Reknown for his religious freedom act he has become a building block for the Western civilisation.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So you want to understand the timelilne of Daniel 9 eh?

In order to understand the timeline you have to take Daniel 9 and combine it with a different prophecy in order to complete it.

That prophecy is the book of Hosea.

And while it helps to know the entire book I'm going to give you the Cliff Notes version.

To start with the first couple of chapters the point is that in the future there will be whats called the day of Jezreel.

Then the prophecy moves on and declares that Israel and Judah has been violating their covenant with God and he was quite irritated. And then in chap 5 thru Hosea He declares his punishment upon them and the timeframe.

Here is the declaration.
Hosea 5
12 Therefore will I be unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

If you look at this and compare it to the language of Leviticus 26 you see that it's roughly the same...This is nothing less that a declaration of a top level Leviticus 26 curse.

And this is the timeframe of it.
Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

The trick here is to understand what the meaning is behind the days. For those are days in the presence of God. And the rule of thumb given for that is in Psalms 90 or 2nd Peter 3-8.

THe point is? Those days are thousand year periods of time. The point of this prophecy? That the Jews and Israelites were to suffer through a 2000 year curse followed by a thousand year day of Jezreel.

So to finish the timeline of Daniel 9 you do this. At the end of the 69th week this curse takes over. And my guess is that the 70th week occurs at the end of the 2000 years. Followed by the day of Jezreel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join