It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you know about old mobile phones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I had dinner with Intel’s chief technology offer Justin Rattner not long back

have you noticed loads of tv adds offering to buy up all you old mobile phones
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Dr virus]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If anyone would like to know why there so keen to snap up any old mobile is so thay can recall evry word ever spoken thro it evry phone since 1993 has a has this capabilitie if you'd like to now more on this then you know what to do post and ask me the rest also i know 5 companies global which are multi million dollar industries there realy not going to like this but this must be known in my opinion

cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thats so rediculous. None of the older phones, including the new ones, have enough memory capacity to store even the lowest bitrate digital audio.

Some common sense is warranted here.

They want the old mobile phones so they can get at the gold inside the IC chips and recycle the material.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

well i can see you dont get the biggier picker its not gold there after its your memorys this chip is linked to a biger system that dose have evry word you'v ever spoken evry call you ever made

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr virus
reply to post by RFBurns

well i can see you dont get the biggier picker its not gold there after its your memorys this chip is linked to a biger system that dose have evry word you'v ever spoken evry call you ever made

Since I was involved with the telecom systems from 1997 thru 2004 I know for a FACT that there isnt any "bigger" system that stored everyone's phone calls.

Even if there was, they wouldnt need the old phones. If you download a file from the internet and store it on your pc..does that mean that you need the original web server where the file was downloaded from to access that downloaded file that is now on your pc locally?????

Think about it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

If it was truly linked to a "bigger system" as you said, then why would they even need the phones? If this was true, they'd have been recording everything from the get go and wouldn't need the phones to access the data, big brother's computer would already have recorded every word you've ever said, even when you weren't actually on the cell, just carrying it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
link don't work..
i think the new phones are easier to bug or come with bugs already built in...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Not breaking news and not logical.

As almost everyone said, why would they need the phones? That would have been the most stupid way (if possible, which is not) of getting the conversations.

You have a phone that connects to a central distribution centre, and instead of saving the conversation there you rely on the phone owner to keep it in good shape and to return it for you to have access to the conversation. Not the best way.

And no, it's not possible for the old phones to have hundreds or thousands of conversations saved in them, just make some calculations and you will see that the data would be much more that the capacity of today's memories, and five years ago, for example, those capacities were much smaller.

Silly thread, I hope it gets the "404" treatment.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

the phones/chip are needed to correspond with the stream of data that phone has done in its life have to remove this chip and plug it in to the the "biger brother unit" that cant be access with out one of the corasponding chips

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr virus

BUT, why do it like that? For every phone that is sent back, thousands wont be. Its an absolutely terrible way of trying to get at our conversations... entirely useless.

If you were going to record it onto some sort of system, you wouldn't do it in a way that meant you needed the exact chip from the phone.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So, what you are saying is that they need the chip to identify the phone?

Why couldn't they send the ID along the conversation? As far as I know (and if it's not true I suppose someone will correct me) cell phone communications are digital, so they could send other data along with the digitised conversation.

Still not breaking news and still not logical.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Are you talking about the sim card?

regardless - this is nonsense, it's not breaking news and should be 404'd.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well they are so far behind in going through all the flagged conversations. Maybe the imei's are registered, and then if something does come up like an old terrorist conversation they can trace just who owned the phone and link them to the crime.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If anyone would like to know why there so keen to snap up any old mobile is so thay can recall evry word ever spoken thro it evry phone since 1993 has a has this capabilitie if you'd like to now more on this then you know what to do post and ask me the rest also i know 5 companies global which are multi million dollar industries there realy not going to like this but this must be known in my opinion

cheers

are you pissed man ?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think if there were a real reason other than for the gold,I would go for the companies having had more time to research they did realize the old phones were more damaging to health with its signal output.

Cant help thinking if phones still maybe above a safe level.

Im sure someone abit more knowlegable can explain.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I had dinner with Intel’s chief technology offer Justin Rattner not long back

have you noticed loads of tv adds offering to buy up all you old mobile phones

This is why

www.platinum.matthey.com...

Besides having platinum the old mobile phones contain gold, silver, copper and rhodium. The companies collecting these old phones are going after Rhodium at one time it was bringing $4900 per oz. today I think $1000 per oz. but that is not bad.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OK, so the phone has a tiny memory, the sim has a tiny memory and the imei number is useless unless you are on a contract or if you register the phone in your real name on pay as you go as that is the only way it can be linked back to you.

So, I don't see anywhere for conversations to be recorded on the phone.

They would have to be recorded at the local cell, or via the local cell that the phone connects to, and in that case why would "they" want your old mobile?

It contains zero data - as long as you delete everything before you send it to the RECYCLERS WHO ADVERTISE ON TV.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
People want old phones for a couple of reasons
a)There is valuable recyclable material inside
b)Many parts are universal, and it is a cheap way to gather them
c) The bggest reason is that most countries around the world are on older frequencies than the more developed countries, so the older phones are perfect for those networks.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Thats so rediculous. None of the older phones, including the new ones, have enough memory capacity to store even the lowest bitrate digital audio.

Some common sense is warranted here.

They want the old mobile phones so they can get at the gold inside the IC chips and recycle the material.

Cheers!!!!

This pretty much sums it up. I don't know where the OP got his theory, but it defies common sense.

But please, can you spell ridiculous right? Not trying to be a spelling nazi, I make my fair share. But that word for some reason is a pet peeve of mine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join