It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conundrum of Ecstasy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Many of you may find this discussion vulgar but this question keeps lingering with me and will not go away until I find out what causes it. Sorry if this offends you.

When you get your muscles messaged, it feels good. When you soak in a hot bath, it feels good. When you run cool water over a burn, it feels good.

However; what causes men and women to feel so good when they ejaculate? Why does it feel like the most wonderful feeling in the world when I secrete semen? Is it a psychological reaction that flows all the way back to the caveman days? Is it some sort of primal urge effect that causes me to have such a wonderful feeling to urge me to continue to procreate? Is it my body telling me that this feeling is right and that I should continue to procreate so that the human species grows and thrives? Obviously, if it didn't feel so good, people wouldn't really care all that much to have sex so I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track. or is it simply the body releasing some sort of chemical in the body do to ejaculation?

Or am I reading too much into this?

Thanks for any answers provided.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
When i was a kid, well, just before my teens, i used to think that women didnt like sex because of the noises they made (dont ask how i knew women made noises lol), it just seemed like women "screaming" couldnt have been enjoying sex. But anyway, I would imagine that it feels good as so we continue to reproduce. Im not entirely sure why females can also ejaculate, anyone want to fill me in lol

Also, from my understanding, male cats have small barbs on their penis which cut the inside of the female vagina, the female cat feels pain but it [may] cause ovulation.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
In my opinion it is a biological function we acquire at birth. After raising my children and their children I noticed that very young babies get stimulated and repeat the process all the way to adulthood.

It is for procreation and though it may be difficult for young people to believe it is not a sign of love. It is the need for our species to reproduce ourselves and survive.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by enduser

Thank you for that information about cats.

I always wondered why they made those horrible noises when they got together.

I am amazed about the new things I learn everyday here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It the blood rushing to your bits quickly which casues the sensations. It's a normal PHYSICAL reaction to stimulation.

But....I do believe that there is something more to it..it feels almost spiritual.

I disagree with the poster who said that it isn't a sign of love....

I am deeply in love with my partner and the ecstasy is nothing like it were to be casual.

The intimacy of which I speak can only be obtained within a loving relationship.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

Yes, it is biology - have a lot of fun - but be very careful about your heart.

Take care! (and also be careful about sexually transmitted diseases).

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Lots of endorphins are released during sex.- happy hormones I call them (although this may not be technically correct)

That coupled with the closely packed nerves in the genital area provides the "moment" and this becomes more intense when other factors are involved, such as "love" the length and intensity of intercourse and whether the man has "held back"

There is also the exercise factor - endorphins are also released as a result of the physical exertion, which intensifies the feeling.

As far as I know the chemicals released are oxytocin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and phenylethylamine. as well as the endorphins.

The male also produces a chemical or hormone (can't remember which) that helps to induce sleepyness.

So there you have it.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ok ok I think I have an answer for you. . .

think about Darwin and natural selection. . .

Only the sexuallly active (with easily stimulated sexual parts) kind of cave men went on to make baby's with the same kind of cave women and passed on those genes . . .yadayada you know how natural selection works.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The question for me has always been why does no other animal on earth orgasm like we do? There are very few animals have sex for pleasure. So evolution doesn't come into it, as there's no selection pressure for developing such pleasure from sex. A natural drive to procreate is required, but the pleasure itself is not required for procreation. Look at the cats example above. They have a drive to procreate, but it's actually painful. That doesn't stop them.

The female orgasm is a weird one. Tests have shown that women are more likely to conceive if they orgasm. So there is an evolutionary advantage there. However, that is countered by the fact that they can still concieve without orgasming. So technically there is no selective pressure to drive natural selection in favour of females who orgasm over those that don't. Theoretically, if women that orgasm are more likely to conceive and have an advantage over those that don't, then evolution would drive towards all females orgasming easily every time. We all know that's not the case

So how the hell did it evolve then?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Obviously for humans, the need to procreate to continue on the legacy of humans is non-existent. If it didn't feel like it, then ALOT less people would have sex. Proof of this is when people have sex but don't want to have kids. They just want to have sex for the feeling, not the urge to procreate. So then when did our bodies start "making" it feel good? Or was it always like that? I would have to agree with the endorphans being produced. Isn't that the chemical released when we laugh or smile?

Only on a smaller scale of course....

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
look it up, yo. the brain has an evolutionary incentive to pump dopamine and serotonin into activities that populate the planet. in other words, your orgasms are billions of years in the making. no wonder!

top topics

join