It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some food for thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the days during Martin Luther King? How a black man had a dream that there would be no more violence, segregation, and equality for all. How the whole nation, was prepared to fight to the death to ensure this didn't happen.

Let's skip foward a tiny bit, how did everybody react after Dr. King was assassinated? Riots erupted in the streets, chaos was everywhere, in some places the military was called in to restore order. Shots were fired, people were killed, it was all around anarchy and seemed like it would never end.

Lets skip ahead a few decades.

Barrack Obama has just become the first black president of the United States, and the nation is rejoicing at not only the historical significance, but the fact that the US finally has a strong capable leader.

Let's say hypothetically Obama was assassinated, how do you think the American people would react? I could take a guess and say a good chunk of people would blame this as a racist act, the racists themselves could probably care less. I could imagine alot of people going knocking on the KKK's doors and taking care of business, I could imagine the KKK responding in kind, I could imagine this happening all across the nation.

There would be riots, chaos in the streets, shots would be fired and people would be killed. Some parts of the country would look like a war zone, and local law enforcement would have a very tough time containing the violence, they would have no chance to put an end to it. It would be citizen against citizen, borderline civil war.

Perfect...

Perfect to declare martial law, send in the Army and establish curfews. No traveling without proper clearance, the leaders of these groups would all be rounded up and taken into custody.

Bear in mind this is just my take on what 'could' happen. some food for thought.

I'll let you guys take it from here, what happens next?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by glebo

Interesting you should bring up the parallel to MLK. Since we just celebrated his birthday I thought again for the umpteenth time what the world, or at least the US, might be like had he not been murdered.

I have also thought of Obama and seeing what he has already done in the last two days hope and pray that he will not suffer the same fate.

Just keep up the positive vibes and prayer, and we may turn this world around yet!

join