It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President's Therapist (GW Bush) - Dr. Mark Alter missing? in danger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am putting this in the Political Issues Forum because I do not know if it is true or not . Anyway a new book on Bush's reportedly ongoing and active alcoholism is coming out and the therapist, Dr. Mark Alter, many be missing. video at link below

updates follow momentarily and below

www.thewashingtonwatch.com...

[edit on 1/22/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This may just be a fictional book. As I said I do not know and this is why I did not post this in breaking news. It does qualify as a political issue however.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Good find, I might even buy that book.
Would be really sad if he's truely gone missing.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I guess I am leaning towards fiction. I'll give dubya the benefit of the doubt. I am posting these pictures because the website won't let me copy and paste for a quote.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
OK The author "insists" that this is fiction. so fiction it is but political issue too. I am not a fan of dubya but if this is not true then I say thumbs down to the author. TRUTH reigns - LIES drain.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Author John Wareham and some links to pages about him. This is just breaking to me so I will investigate and post links for others to dig in if they want to.

www.wareham.org...

From the above link:

How to Break Out of Prison

"All prisons are mental prisons.
They lock from the inside.
You lock yourself in,
and you own the key,
so only you can let yourself out."
—John Wareham

Sounds like a thread I read today. hmmmmm

Here's about John Wareham, straight from the horse's mouth:

www.wareham.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
WOW. I thought ATS would be all over this. Two days after Bush leaves office and this book, supposedly fictional or nonfictional, is put out claiming to be about Bush's secret therapist who was fearful of being killed after helping Bush with some mental issues.

After fully reading the website I can see that this is fiction but this is going to confuse some people. The question then is was this the intent?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

This is FICTION. Wake up and bookmark the Associated Press. AFP. BBC. New York Times. Center for Public Integrity. Media Matters. AlterNet.

Take your hands off the mouse and back up slowly. And INFORM YOURSELF.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If true, it is shocking and disturbing, especially considering that Alter's wife and son also died under mysterious circumstances as well.

If fiction, it's not very original. Anyone who has ever seen the classic film "The President's Analyst" (a wonderful comedy spy thriller starring James Coburn, released in 1967 when rumors were starting to openly circulate that LBJ was crazy as a Junebug) will certainly recognize the plot.

Of course, "the President's Analyst" was also couched as a work of fiction, with a hilarious disclaimer in the opening titles stating the film was NOT made with cooperation of the "F.B.R." the "C.E.A.", or any other government agencies. lol.

If you've never seen "The President's Analyst," it's loaded with little gems of truth and the ATS crowd would love it. Links to clips from the film:

Opening titles/credits:
www.youtube.com...

Scene: "The Cerebrum Communicator" (while this technology was sci-fi in 1967, guess what? It's not far fetched at all today. Implantable microchips/transmitters/receivers!)
www.youtube.com...

Scene: "The Squire" (The President's Analyst fears for his life and takes it on the run, all the while being chased by every spy agency on the globe)
www.youtube.com...

Scene: "Total Sound!" (Trying to escape Washington, the President's Analyst cons an average American family touring the White House to shepherd him out of town)
www.youtube.com...

Scene: "This Little Card" (The analyst helps a CIA (CEA) agent who is dealing with the guilt of killing people.)
www.youtube.com...

Whether or not you believe the story about Dr. Mark Alter, ya just GOTTA see this movie! The comedy that's really not a comedy...and still true today, or so we're told.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Probably. Remember that book about the so called Obamanation that claimed that many Obama supporters were brainwashed? Many people actually bought into it. I think there are other political books like that trying to send a message regardless if they were true or not trying to get people to think about a point. While the book may be fiction perhaps it has a different purpose for its existence and the like.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Perhaps it was a double hit. His son died of an apparent over dose just weeks before he disapeared. Sounds like a conspiracy to keep information public, would not be the first time, Marilyn Monroe comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
This may just be a fictional book. As I said I do not know and this is why I did not post this in breaking news. It does qualify as a political issue however.

I don't get why they felt the need to include the video and pretense that this man is real and missing.
He's just a character that is in the book.
As the author explains in this written interview here....

books.lohudblogs.com...

"......Q: You say you had some input from your prison classes. Please explain, this is interesting.

A: “I have run self-development programs in New York prisons for more than ten years now. Many in my class have suffered addiction issues, and I developed some original ideas for helping them (which I included in my book, HOW TO BREAK OUT OF PRISON). One such idea is that “all prisons are mental prisons”, so, as I saw it, W’s rigid mindset, especially concerning Iraq, became his penitentiary. Another idea was that “we only pay attention to the things that we discover for ourselves”—so I chose to lead my class to form an understanding of their predicaments obliquely, by introducing them to conflicting ideas along with some powerful but somewhat ambiguous poems. I had my class study these readings, and then we analyzed them in class. This approach—which I call “constructive confusion”— turned out to be so profoundly life-altering that I felt Dr. Alter should use it to enlighten W.

It seems a fraudulent way to promote a book if you ask me.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It seems to me that John Wareham is playing a successful advertising, obviously catching some buzz. I believe it is fictional. He even makes the claim of it, in the President's Therapist, review by Jess Maghan...The first sentance of text after the headings, "John Wareham staging of a "what if" scenario...

It is an advertisement to get us to by his book. This Washington Watch, has every article about this guys book. It is a lot like Pravda. Propaganda. It's advertising.

He is risking his life though. And his ambiguities with George being an Alcoholic, and then there is missing Dr. Alter. It is a hoax. Also, it has some big money behind it, hence to top web exposure on Google.

top topics

join