It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Phone Service Provider Wants 29 cents...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I received three messages in my voice mail that I urgently needed to contact my phone company over an unpaid bill.

I've been with them for over 5 years and never missed a payment. I haven't even been late with a bill, not even once. I posted an advance payment before Christmas to make sure I didn't have to worry about bills in January, but it was just an estimate based on past bills.

Well damn, I missed my estimate by 29 cents.
Then the calls started coming 2 days ago. "CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY" ....

I haven't even received a bill for January and they are in a panic over the December billing period. So I just gave them a call, 20 minutes on hold listening to their stupid messages that they'll be right with me between some classical "musac", and then I get customer service in the billing department.

"Yes sir, your account is overdue"

By how much I ask, I paid my bill December 20th.

"29 cents sir".
WTF

Well I tore him a new one and asked to speak to his supervisor. I told them if they wanted to bitch about 29 cents after having a solid customer for 5 years I would tell them where they could shove their phone line because I have plenty of other options for home phone, cell, and internet.

Then the apologies started........
I'm sorry sir, it's computer generated.
I'm sorry sir, we have no control over the calls the computer system makes.
I'm sorry sir, can we offer you a credit on one of our services to correct this.

Oddly, I have control over what my computers do. I have control over what messages and information flows in and out of my machines. Why can't a multi-national corporation control the machines under their control.

I bet it cost them more than 29 cents to harass me than it would have cost them to just add the 29 cents to my next bill that I still haven't received.:shk:

End of rant, but I needed to vent..........

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Pay your bills dude! What do you think yhe world owes you something????

Sorry mate, had to type that!

29 cents?? pftt just goes to show you the compempt they have for you, all those sorta big companies have a dedicated retentions department, I would make sure that this little grevence is noted on your account and the next time they treat you like that just point out what you already did, I bet ya I you have been a solid customer all those years they will sweeten your deal to keep you on bord. Maybe a nice handset upgrade or something.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh this kind of thing is so stupid.

Why even bother collecting such a small amount when the collection attempt probably costs more than the debt?

its not worth it at all.

There was a thread recently about a guy who apparently owed 1 penny to the IRS.

They initially wrote him saying he owed 5 cents but then they wrote him again saying they owed him 4, so now he only had to pay a penny.

Thats your tax money hard at work their.

29 cents... I wonder how much money they spent trying to contact you. What a waste

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The saddest part of this is the fact that they admitted that they no longer control their computers. Of course the IT folks know what's going on, but look out Sarah Conner, the machines are on the rise.

I had them note the complaint on my acct.
And I do like the idea of asking them for a new phone or a good deal.

I'll switch companies if they don't at least offer a good long distance package.

Good one though......

Originally posted by Now_Then
Pay your bills dude! What do you think the world owes you something????

I could have avoided all these problems if I would just pay my bills.....

Do I only owe 27 cents now ???

new topics

top topics

join