It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who theorize offhandedly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm getting fed up with the attention whoring involved in the following situation:

*Say there is a thread, about a topic that HAS some evidence

*People respond with their generic "me-too" type attention getting "yes"ing and other supporting articles from self referencing sites.

*Some people even post real evidence, and intelligent thought (it happens, I'm not lying)

*then someone, somewhere in the thread, posts something like this.
Pretend we are talking about some strange rock formation on the moon.

Then someone posts a message in the thread, saying something to the effect of:

Yes, but aliens and nazis have been on the moon for a long time, I can't say anymore than that, but I know it's true.

OR

Yes, but a little known secret is that aliens and nazis have been on the moon forever, I can't tell you how I know.

As you can see, their posts are simply a waste of bytes of hard drive space on the server the forums are hosted on.

Here is my response to them: (That I am posting here, not in their threads, because I don't want to derail threads, or attack them directly and cause their EGOs to dissapear)

Version 1 (polite response)

Stating something like that, while intriguing is not really all that valuable. However if you would be willing to provide some background information or evident to support that claim, then we can form the hypothesis you are presenting with your statement!

Alot of people do exactly what you just did, they "State" something, then never back it up.

Version 2 (sarcastic response)

Great idea for a fantasy novel, let's get together and brainstorm and storyboard and maybe we can write a really good hypothesis together

Mind you, all of these arguments could be made against religious zealots too. What real evidence do they have ? Take one guess.. the most self referencing creation of humans. The holy book, bible, quran, red rover goes to school with timmy, etc. IE they have no evidence.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Davood

It's gonna be alright D.

Don't let'em get to you.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
hehehehe, no! I don't want it to be alright.

actually I have nothing better to do right now with my time, so I have discovered this forum.

ohhhh the many posts that I will post here... someone will rant about me posting here. I have predicted this on january 22, 2009 ! at 12:50AM EST !

ha.

he.
ho
ha.

ok.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Davood

Sweet!

Watch out for the moon nazis though, they're sneaky bastards ...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
oh oh, i just thought of the perfect example

John Titor : his whole time machine hoax and his predictions which all turned out 100% wrong.

He was chock full of information with 0 evidence.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You may think it's a joke. But I have sources that tell me that you will find out soon enough, a GREAT change will come.

I can't tell you where I got this source from, but it's true I tell ya!!

This will be my last message for a long time.

I will be back.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You may think it's a joke. But I have sources that tell me that you will find out soon enough, a GREAT change will come.

I can't tell you where I got this source from, but it's true I tell ya!!

This will be my last message for a long time.

I will be back.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Hah perfect. You captured exactly what I was talking about.

I would like to hypothesize at this time : When a thread gets over 30 posts, it will have at least one post like this.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Davood]

new topics

top topics

join