It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your slant?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
My writing used to slant heavily to the right but lately I've been doing a lot of writing by hand and noticed that my writing is getting more vertical and lighter. At first I was rather vertical and heavy-handed, but pressure is lessening, I guess. My T bars are also relatively high, I guess. How do you judge such a thing? I also don't usually loop anything, lowercase G's, Y's or J's, but do on occasion. Does that mean I am occasionally perverted? I also only cross my I's when it's I as the singular pronoun as opposed to the beginning of capitalized word beginning with I. I don't know what that means, probably just narcissistic

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by 100% Real
Slant right
with squiggles
and a high T bar (
I guess a new term for a healthy ego could be "he's a high T"

You are right on! You must have been doing your studies. I do have a "healty" ego, I just didn't know it showed in my hand writing also. I guess I'll have to look into that.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No, loopy and extra loopy y's are perverted. I cross my I's with bars only when I capitalize. Even in mid sentence. I like bars.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

It's all totally 100% fake, I don't care how much research you have saying otherwise, i still don't buy it.

everything we do leaves tracks

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I believe you could look at some ones handwriting and tell who's it is, but basing some ones personality traits on what direction a few letters slant is insanity.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am one who absolutely believes in handwriting analysis. Its also something studied and used by the FBI. It is considered forensics (my area of study
).

I actually write in various styles. It depends on what I'm writing

I used to be hired to write out wedding invitations even. However, now that I type way more then I write, my handwriting is not as good as it used to be

My main writing has a bit of a right slant to it...However, I also can write very neat with a vertical style. Seriously, it changes all the time!

[edit on 1/21/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

I believe you could look at some ones handwriting and tell who's it is, but basing some ones personality traits on what direction a few letters slant is insanity.
proof no need for a second line.....

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My writing slants left, but I wouldn't have described myself as cold or distant. I think of myself as a generally affable person, and I'm always interested to hear another person's stories, cheerful and warm to strangers, etc. But I have been told on a few occasions that I seem reticent when anyone enquires into my own feelings; I can seem distant if I perceive a threat to my privacy. This may be where the "cold and indifferent" comes in, though I think my persona is generally understood to be that of a writer with a right slant.

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've always been fascinated by this too, seagrass

When I was young I had a Nancy Drew theme book about how to be a detective, with chapters on handwriting analysis, fingerprint analysis, even palm reading

My "relaxed" writing slants gently to the right. Like GEL, my writing's gotten worse over the years as I type more and more stuff, but it used to be almost "good" enough to look like a penmanship manual. One of my two first jobs (the other was babysitting) was writing out presentation charts for a friend of the family who did business consulting workshops (yes kids, there was a time before Excel slide shows).

But I also have a "note-taking" writing that's all stretched out and angular and angry-looking, and totally indecipherable to anyone else. It slants even further forward than my normal handwriting, and the dots for the "i"s and crosses for the "t"s are liable to be a few letters away from where they belong.

I don't think I have perverted "y"s though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
what Tarot cards are those? those are FANTASTIC!! oh and to stay on topic... My I dots are sometimes two even three letters away. and sometimes I even dot other random letters.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Man my handwriting is such crap. It is just disgusting.

Even though I probably fill up 1 notebook a month or more with my notes and stories, I just cannot write neatly.

I have actually considered that I might have a disability. I can't even make my writing consistant; I notice that it slants different ways or the letters look different or are different sizes, sometimes within the same page.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

better write a few more lines...i see no proof in that article.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am one who absolutely believes in handwriting analysis.

I actually write in various styles. It depends on what I'm writing

My main writing has a bit of a right slant to it...However, I also can write very neat with a vertical style. Seriously, it changes all the time!

So you believe in handwriting analysis and yet admit that yours "changes all the time"

I rest my case.

Handwriting analysis proving anything is as crazy as saying just cuz my birthdate ads up to 11 means I must be some kind of leader or great spiritual mind. I'm not I'm a scumbag who wouldn't hesitate to take advantage a buncha fools who actually believe this crap. I'm willing to bet you could never get that from my penmanship.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have a different slant depending on my mood and what I'm writing. I am right handed.

My mother insisted on formal and artistic cursive writing skills -
In school I was all over the map...and I can write perfectly mirrored with my left at the same time I write with my right...I used to play around with it and even failed some assignments because I wrote cursively but backwards ha ha.

Day to day my writing is usually right slanted and mixed with cursive and print.

For work almost always a more straight up writing with very little emotion to it.

I'd love to have an analysis of my styles...wonder how accurate it is?

I'd also like an analysis of the backward writing as well LOL

Edited to add: for me as well the type of pen I am using has a lot to do with it as well...some pens I just cannot cursive with...they feel "wrong". I suspect that's more OCD than anything though hehehehe

[edit on 1/22/2009 by justgeneric]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

what Tarot cards are those? those are FANTASTIC!! oh and to stay on topic... My I dots are sometimes two even three letters away. and sometimes I even dot other random letters.

I made the avatar myself, so thank you!

On topic: My "f"s, "b"s, and "d"s often get crossed. Sometimes I just draw a line across the entire word, because that way anything that needs crossing will get crossed

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

so - you're someone who's skeptical - and isn't easily taken in...

just curious - what's your sign?

:-)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

I made the avatar myself, so thank you!

On topic: My "f"s, "b"s, and "d"s often get crossed. Sometimes I just draw a line across the entire word, because that way anything that needs crossing will get crossed
well, you could make a million with a fun deck like that... very cool.
On topic~ that sounds efficient. I put little curls on the end of words sometimes.. because I just want to dot something....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

am I?

I'm a gemini not that it matters.........does that reveal anything to you?

you guys read waaay too much into this stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

:-)

you're too easy liquidsmoke

but - might as well put my two cents in...

it's not supernatural

everything - every single thing we do - reveals something about us

the words we choose, the clothes we choose - the avatars we choose

even those things that seem out of our control - the way we move - the way speak - we are constantly doing things that give clues to our personality - our temperament

you could argue about whether or not it's been interpreted correctly - but that doesn't mean we aren't constantly giving ourselves away

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm surprised I'm the only one of you with a left slant. Is it less common than a right or vertical slant?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join