It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to media: Leave my kids alone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is going on the offensive against news organizations and bloggers she says are perpetuating malicious gossip about her and her children. But political observers say the former Republican vice presidential candidate can't have it both ways: trotting out the children to showcase her family values, then trying to shield them from scrutiny.

news.yahoo.com...

She complained that her daughter was called a high school drop out because... she dropped out of high school. And she brings them out, parades them for the camera, then cries about it? She needs too learn either don't use her kids as pawns or deal with the criticism of using them as pawns.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Lets be honest the media hounds everyone and kids are no exception, I feel that there should be laws for that sort of thing. First of all I have met Palin and I think she is an awesome person, her kids are probably her pride and joy. But seriously, leave the kids alone, hound the parents but leave out the kids.

Actually she does not parade them like some celebrities do, lets be honest if you could go on television wouldn't you bring your entire family? I know I would, only because its something that they should remember and experience.

She never used her kids as pawns, if anything people who use there kids to get SSI and Welfare need to learn, she loves her kids and does not use them as pawns. I gurantee you that if she was a democrat that these issues would have been much MUCH different... Trust me.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Agreed! The kids should be off limits at all times. The media is going after Palin's family because they hate her and her values. I feel sorry for Obama's girls. They are going to grow up in a fish bowl. I hope Barrack and Michelle firmly tell the press the girls are to be left alone.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Definatley feel sorry for the girls as well. Obama and Michelle need to lay down the rules for the media and perhaps Obama will try to pass a bill that protects children from the aggressive Media..

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you Redneck.

While the media shouldn't outright or insult Palin's children, she put herself in the position to run for the 2nd highest office in the nation.

I feel that I have a right to examine her family background and family, especially if and when her familial situation reflects on a policy she might try to institute nationwide.

I think that Ms. Palin should have considered heow the media would effect her family before deciding to run.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Obama told them to lay off his wife and kids,

Why is it they are still going after Palin?

They want to keep the negative information flowing, so they can make sure she wont have a chance at another run.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think because of the situation with Palin's daughter, and her baby's father's mother.

Some people want to plow that off but I feel it reflects very negatively on her.

And, I think that Palin keeps playing the "Lay Off" card just as much as the media digs into her.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Slow news day?

not a one liner

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

HI, asmeone, I do think Palin needs to ignore them eventually, after that if they keep going after her, then what?

[edit on 063131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Redneck? I am the TheMythLives...thought I would clear that up. Lets be honest now, the media has no business talking negatively about children or anything of that sort. Imagine if there friends read that and made fun of them because of that. The media needs to leave the kids alone. And good for her for wanting to be Vice President, she should have done what she felt was right and did. She made the choice and the media should only talk about the person who made the choice. Leave the kids out of it. I would want the Media away after some crazy person lite her church on fire, who would do that? An idiot and a person with no respect.

I do belieev that you have the right to study her background and everything, but come on false aquisitions and negative remarks about her children should not be allowed or tolerated..

I am surprised Obama's kids have had such a, how do you say it, warm welcome in the media and Palin has a cold welcome from the media. There's that controlled media for ya!

Stay classy media and leave the kids out of it...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The myth the media doesn't like what Palin stands for, it is odd.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well the problem is that the media reports it in the first place. If they don't report it then it's not news and this thread doesn't exist.

Then it all goes away...maybe some just can't let go.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah, its sad that we, as a nation, still cannot accept others for what they believe in and stand for. Unity is so far from being achieved.

[edit on -06002009-01-21T19:10:36-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 21 Jan 2009 19:10:36 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yeah, its sad that we, as a nation, still cannot accept others for what they believe in and stand for. Unity is so far from being achieved.

Couldn't agree more with that statement.

It will be a long long time before the nation makes that leap..although progress has been made.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Prior to Palin, politicians children were always considered off limits. The fact that people won't leave them alone just proves what a lack of character they have. The people spreading this hate are the real scum bags of this world. They sold their souls to a political party.

How many here know that the church she attends was torched? With people inside no less. They don't know yet who or why but it is obvious. Fortunately only one of the multiple accelerant fueled fires they set took or someone could have been killed. Sick pieces of human excrement

We are having no recession. We had 3.5% growth last year. Housing is stable and unemployment is normal for this time of year. We just got the word yesterday that Anchorage is one of the cities expected to do well this year. We have no income tax and no sales tax in Anchorage. Our household income is ten thousand dollars more per year than the national average. Interesting people criticize our leaders considering how poorly theirs are doing in comparison. Hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Very true and yes I did know about her church being lite up. They definatley lack character and decorum.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yep progres has fortunatly been made..lol..but still we let race, sex, and other issues divide us and we have grown to not accept and understand others for who they are.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You guys can rationalize it all you want. Most of us know that if it were a Kennedy or some other Democrat, you would have a dozen reasons why its wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Prior to Palin, politicians children were always considered off limits.

Complete rubbish. Maybe you're not old enough to remember, or maybe it's the fact that in the last decade political commentators have multiplied exponentially while the numbers of actual journalists have dwindled; however, high profile politicians' children have always been in the media.

Bush's little "lush" twins stole headlines for weeks. Before that there were were articles regarding Chelsea's choice of schools, and her fashion sense (or lack thereof); the late night crew (Letterman, Leno, etc.; and yes, they're a form of "media") couldn't help themselves when it came to cracking jokes about how homely she was. Going back even further there were stories regarding what school Amy Carter would attend, and other "special interest" pieces on her. I won't even go into the vast, and unwanted by Jackie, media attention the Kennedy children received.

The fact of the matter is that whenever "kids" have neared/entered the White House there has always been media attention; however, the vast majority of the time, whenever someone nears/enters the WH their kids are usually already grown and out of the house; so it's not as much of an issue.

[edit on 1/23/09 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm very sorry TheMythLives, there is another userTheredeck, who had a similar avatar fora while, I thought you were him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join