It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives/ gun owners - don't worry about your guns because I exist...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have read many members write about the "impending" reversal of the second amendment.

Well as a LIBERAL - far far left - OBAMA supporter I would like to say-

I would not stand for it!

Never, not understand any circumstance.

At the same time, I would like you all to remember that @ many idiots get a hold of fire arms to commit unlawful acts, which cost lives, resources and $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hopefully we can all remember that this is issue is not all or nothing. The "anti gun"
stance does not pertain to you, the responsible gun owner. This point of view comes from a deep concern for our collective safety as it relates to CRIME - not SELF DEFENSE.

From my FAR LEFT perspective I can see both sides of this issue and I will stand with both sides in hope that violent gun crime can be less of an issue in the days ahead.

Fear not, have a good one and make the best of it.

Bust some caps for me!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Awesome! I'm left leaning according to the tests avvailable online and I too would defend the second ammendment.
#1 - it provides for a base line of national defense.
#2 - it provides for self protection
#3 - it is a right of ours. If they take one away which one will be the next to fall?

The gun and ammo companies are loving the business. I hope they are American made.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
if you think you can take guns away from criminals , you are out of your mind

criminals dont listen to laws, they buy guns off the BLACK MARKET

See how well "stopping " heroin or cocain worked??

Great plan, too bad its gonna have an Epic Fail

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion

At the same time, I would like you all to remember that @ many idiots get a hold of fire arms to commit unlawful acts, which cost lives, resources and $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hopefully we can all remember that this is issue is not all or nothing. The "anti gun"
stance does not pertain to you, the responsible gun owner. This point of view comes from a deep concern for our collective safety as it relates to CRIME - not SELF DEFENSE.

You are right, there are those who commit crimes with firearms. There are also people who commit crimes with knives, bats, scrap lumber and ice picks. People have been killing people since history has been recorded. Taking away firearms would do nothing to prevent crime, and I think you know this as well.

I WISH you were right in saying these gun control measures do not involve responsible gun owners. Check out H.R. 45. It would call for mandatory firearms registration. Would criminals register? No. Would law abiding citizens register? Probably.

I commend you for standing up for all rights, even those that may or may not apply to you. You have it right, if they take one they can take them all!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Guns will be in the hands of criminals no matter what the laws are. If you believe otherwise you should try looking beyond your own backyard at other countries that do have gun control, and note that shootings regularly take place in those countries too. Crime in general exists and blaming guns is getting nowhere because you're denying all the social reasons for crime and using guns as the scapegoat.

In Canada a chunk of people seem to have some blame America sentiment about guns, since you hear about guns used in these crimes traced back to the USA. Yeah it is true that they're smuggled in but I don't feel your country and its gun supply is to blame. Guns are smuggled in because that's probably just the easiest option but probably not the only option.

Anyway.. do you really think some guy going to kill someone with a gun is going to be worried about breaking a gun law, when he's already intending to murder someone? It's a minor offence compared.

So yeah I think criminals will get guns no matter what or end up using other methods to achieve the same result. Criminals will do what they want to do because they have no respect for any law. Any control will be on you so called "responsible gun owners", and only you.

I'm starting to feel that Americans need to hold onto their guns to sort of balance things out. I'm not necessarily prepared to wish for guns being legal in my country, but I don't think everyone should be in the same boat. Variety for survival as a whole woo!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Sara1]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst

Originally posted by The Bald Champion

You are right, there are those who commit crimes with firearms. There are also people who commit crimes with knives, bats, scrap lumber and ice picks. People have been killing people since history has been recorded. Taking away firearms would do nothing to prevent crime, and I think you know this as well.

well what I do know is it take a whole lot more nuts to do something with a knife of a bat.

Unfortunately I have not gotten the responses I was hoping to get...

For a gun law - you could hold the last person to legally posses the firearm with the crime committed with the gun... Unfortunately that is to crazy for me... But to just draw the same line in the sand over and over is pointless as well. Anyhow I know the things you have said, I have tried to cross the bridge and I had to go all the way to the other side.

Is this is good as our country gets???

top topics

join