It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I see a ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I will start by saying that I have am still in doubt about ghosts and things like that, but I have had a lot of experiences in my life to make me wonder.
I will only give brief rundown on a few of them. I can go into more detail if I need to.

The earliest experience I ever had was a house we lived in when I was a child. There was often lights going on and off, footsteps up and down a hall way, a dank musty cloud ‘hovered’ into the room where the phenomena was being discussed with friends. (They were scoffing up until that point) and I also had a toy (One of those trains that drives straight until it hit a wall and bounced off) It would go on in the middle of the night and go around in circles……

Later in life, we had moved to a different house. I often saw a shadow move from one room the another, we found military artefacts from time to time and often in places regularly used. Occasionally an item would go missing for weeks at a time with no luck searching the house high and low only to have it appear on a table or an obvious out in the open place.

The event that freaked me out the most however was a hitch hiker I once picked up. I spoke with him all the way to his house and discussed all kinds of things. As we approached the house, I remember him telling me his house was the one up ahead with the lights on. I dropped him off across the road from the house. As he proceeded across the road I looked across at the house to make sure he got in OK and there was no house. Just an empty yard with the remnants of an old brick fireplace where a house once stood this was a rural area and there were no other houses around. I could not see the passenger anywhere either. I even got out of the car to look for him, but nothing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

It is very possible VANT I had a cousin that saw a wrecked car aswell as his house on fire one day when he got off of the bus. Only thing was there was no car and the house wasn't on fire. There is no need to think your crazy it is possible that it was a ghost. I have had a few experiences myself.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Somethings I have seen i just cannot get my head around.
In the second house I mentioned, there was a video camera left switched off over night with no one in the house. The next day we watched the tape and at the end of it around 3 in the Am according to the time stamp it was moving around the lounge room and you can hear a voice say..."Help ME"

I still have a copy of the tape. freaks me out every time I hear it

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My cousin lived in a house where in her daughter’s room a figure was sitting In the floor holding its knees to its chest and would rock back and forth. Was cool as hell because you would feel a cold breeze right before you would see the figure. After you witness things like that it is hard not to believe. The breeze could be explained but four people saw the figure at the same time. It's hard to explain that one away.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There are reports of similar hitch hiker incidents in many places.

My favorite is about a lady that guys will pick up take out dancing and take her home and before getting her to her house she just disappears out of the car. I believe that one is in Chicago somewhere. Was aired on unsolved mysteries one night years ago but always thought that would be one of the coolest things to have happen to you although that has never happened to me yet lol

Easy way to tell if your being haunted. If something is constantly misplaced or moved and you are the only one living there and know you did not move the item to it's current location just say out loud, "OK I don't know who you are but I have no problem with you being here, just please leave (said item) alone because it really irritates me to no end"

If it gets 10x worse or completely stops then you know you must be haunted. If there's no change then there's probably a logical explanation for it.

I just mention it because before I really believed in anything haunting or ghosts as a last resort I did this and the item was never moved again of course after seeing him (a little boy) I either had to admit I was hallucinating and needed medical help or I could believe in ghosts and so I chose the latter.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
around 3 in the Am according to the time stamp it was moving around the lounge room and you can hear a voice say..."Help ME"

I still have a copy of the tape. freaks me out every time I hear it

This is bound to come up so it might aswell be me, you have a copy? Any possibility of uploading it or finding someone who can?. That would freak me out a bit i think.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
When I was little I had an overactive imagination. I remember that when nobody was looking I could look at any window in our house and a laughing screaming demon ghost thing would swing passed the window on a rope suspended from the roof. Even now I can recall the memories and there is no doubt I saw something but I imagined it. With that being said, I think world of a child is a different place.. It cannot be compared to how we view the world now.

However! I am intrigued by your shadow deal. I lived in the creepiest house ever.. So creepy there was a room with a wall of mirrors. like six inch width and plated across the entire wall.. It was the center room connecting the house so you had to pass through it.. So much of this house was creepy and I remember seeing a lot of shadows.. Peeking around corners and moving about.. Thing must have been 6 feet tall and was pretty wide..

As far as the hitchhiker deal.. I'd crap my pants. I'd say you saw a ghost or you need a powerful drug. Check out the local history on the house.. See if you can locate any victims associated with the house and try to get a picture.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by etombo]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

O have it on VHS (It was a while ago) but will try and put it in a digital format if I can and post it

reply to post by etombo

These were all a while back and some when I was a child, I have sat on these for a while now. It is hard to find the right audience to tell them to and believe you, but my parents told me about the same things as I grew up so I know I wasnt imagining it. They also told me other things I hadnt 'noticed' at the time but I remember the events.

I dont live in Sydney anymore and cant remember the street where I dropped the hitchiker, only that it was near the Camden Tavern. I was the designated driver for the night so was as clear as I could have been.

Your house would have spooked me. Mirrors have always freaked me out. Especially at night. There is just something about them so I dont think i would have liked that at all.

top topics

join